Things you dislike about the power tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Damon23 View Post
    What I don't like? The complaining. I'm a long haul rookie and the last two years I've been only able to do 3 and 5 stops and have to say that even the longest of days, most traffic or parking way out is still better than going to work or dealing with a boring daily routine. This is 10 days away for just my son and I and I enjoy every minute. I don't have to tell you all that they grow up too fast. It is a vacation, you vets know what is in store each year but you do it anyway cause it is FUN. Advice I got before my first time, it is what you make it. My flame suit on now.
    Well said Damon. My wife and I have run with Damon and his son several times and they are always having a big time. Looking forward to seeing y'all again this year. Jack
    Last edited by smalblock; May 8, 2013, 07:42 AM.

HRPT 2000, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2009, 2011, Long Haul 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017,2018

68 Camaro S/S convertible, 69 Camaro Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by Damon23 View Post
      My flame suit on now.
      Not necessary, that's not how we roll.

Comment

Well I live in WY. My project is just that a project but it is running and driving. needs to on account I live in an apt. Yeah I know that the PT does not take the hwy. but that is the only reference I had. But sometimes a back road can actually be shorter. Hwys don't always take the straightest route.
        Sorry to step on any toes but it was asked what you didn't like about the PT. That is what I posted. OH I do agree about vacation and getting up early. Doesn't seem to go together.

Tim
        '71 Buick Sportwagon running project
        '85 Ford Crown Victoria 2 dr. 2nd project
        2015 Harley Street Glide 103ci

Comment

Originally posted by White Monster View Post

Well I can try and slow down so the GMs and mopars can keep up. LOL I do own fords also.

Tim

Comment

Originally posted by PT Sportwagon View Post
            I do own fords also.
            Tim, forget the Focus and your Hardley ... show us some pics of your Sportwagon !!!

Comment

Well said Fred and I've NEVER seen the front of that Customwagon unless it was parked..It does it's share and more driving over that slow number of 65..But you must admit, the sign is funny..
              I just love my Hot Rods.

Long Hauled 2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2013. Loved every minute of it.

Comment

Originally posted by street72 View Post
                I've NEVER seen the front of that Customwagon unless it was parked..It does it's share and more driving over that slow number of 65..But you must admit, the sign is funny..

Comment

Originally posted by smalblock View Post
                  Well said Damon. My wife and I have run with Damon and his son several times and they are always having a big time. Looking forward to seeing y'all again this year. Jack
                  Looking forward to seeing you and your wife again this year. We have to get a picture this time. We plan on being at the first drivers meeting but thinking about heading out from the hotel the rest of the trip. I don't like to make solid plans like that though so we'll just play it by ear. Again we'll be in a different car (white with black stripes and black wheels '13 challenger) but look for the ugly Georgia plates with "In God We Trust" under tag number. I'm going to be running with the C-10 tour group this year but our C10 is not tour ready, next year. It will be fun to hang with some people on the tour instead of just us two. I can't get our local club folks out to do anything. Kind of embarrassing that it will run 100 miles away from Georgia and they won't make a effort to get their cars out. Oh well.
                  Last edited by Damon23; May 8, 2013, 05:30 PM.
                  Visit my sons blog:
                  www.driftundertheradar.com

Comment

Originally posted by White Monster View Post
                    Tim, forget the Focus and your Hardley ... show us some pics of your Sportwagon !!!
                    Let me see if I can get a couple new ones the ones I have are from 2010.

Tim

Comment

Originally posted by PT Sportwagon View Post
                      Well I will be hated but here goes.
                      The short drives, WTH from Little Rock to Memphis yeah 135 miles. Memphis to bham another 238 miles. Well I guess the trailer queens will have a tough time on the last day it is 330 miles.
                      Every single PT is in the east. Frack that, What happened to the coast to coast power tours. where real driven cars do the long haul. They cannot cross the rocky becaue the "driven" trailer queens might have a chance of getting snow, boo, fracking, hoo. Heck the Hot bike power tour goes more miles a day than the PT. That is on a flipping motorcycle. seems like the HBPT has got more kahunas than the HRPT group.
                      How many big name builders bring there own rides or projects on the PT.
                      flame suit on.

It amazes me how differently we all view things? I really can't find one thing to agree on with you . Guess I had too many beers on the last 7 Long Hauls to remember . . . no, I remember ! I remember I had a ball ! What I don't remember is ever seeing a trailer? What I have seen is a bunch of six figure SEMA cars driving in the rain. Even rode in the Imperial Speedster once ! In the BAD part of Dallas, after midnight. But Oh, what a Gentleman's club !!!

Geez, did you ever even go on the Tour? Look me up this year and I promise you will have fun ! Look for a raised American Flag and the smell of Brats !

Not to many dislikes DTB

p.s. and I have about a quarter of a million documented miles on a Harley Davison . . . and I don't have anything bad to say about them either.
                      DTB - RETIRED

Comment

I can't really think of anything we didn't like. We didn't have much interest in the stage show so we really didn't ever sit around to watch that. Of all the stops last year, Detroit was the best by far. We've only been on one tour so my sample set is very small. Overall it's an amazing time and I can't wait to go again. We'll be back for 2014.

I guess if there was one thing I didn't care of the stop in Muskegon. The parking was TERRIBLE and a giant CF in my opinion.
                        Lucas
                        2011 Mustang GT
                        2013 Focus ST
                        2012 HRPT Long Hauler

Comment

The things I like the least are waiting in line to get in to the venues and the hot, humid weather. Just not used to it being that hot out.
                          Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

Originally posted by Dave the Bartender View Post
                            It amazes me how differently we all view things? I really can't find one thing to agree on with you . Guess I had too many beers on the last 7 Long Hauls to remember . . . no, I remember ! I remember I had a ball ! What I don't remember is ever seeing a trailer? What I have seen is a bunch of six figure SEMA cars driving in the rain. Even rode in the Imperial Speedster once ! In the BAD part of Dallas, after midnight. But Oh, what a Gentleman's club !!!

Geez, did you ever even go on the Tour? Look me up this year and I promise you will have fun ! Look for a raised American Flag and the smell of Brats !

Not to many dislikes DTB

p.s. and I have about a quarter of a million documented miles on a Harley Davison . . . and I don't have anything bad to say about them either.
                            You sir are a Renaissance man - but you're still a damn carpetbagger from Ohio who could have my last beer, and that says a lot.
                            Have you re-fired the engine in the Elky yet ? Let's ride Regulators.
                            Phil / Omaha

Comment

still thinking on this one.

Trying to think of that problem that I dislike

Oh ....................

how about new cars with warranties and no power

naaaaaaaaa that isn't it

I can't think of anything CAR thing that would make me miss PT
                              except for a Drag Race or Northeast Rod Run the same week

But my problem may be that
                              when I pass UUUUUUUUUUUUUU and your friends and you bunch up together and think u wont let me back in.......line.............................didn't work did it................vette club

Oh pass me, so I know your playing HARD
                              Bob

Comment

Originally posted by 1956NY150 View Post
                                still thinking on this one.

Trying to think of that problem that I dislike

Oh ....................

how about new cars with warranties and no power

naaaaaaaaa that isn't it

I can't think of anything CAR thing that would make me miss PT
                                except for a Drag Race or Northeast Rod Run the same week

But my problem may be that
                                when I pass UUUUUUUUUUUUUU and your friends and you bunch up together and think u wont let me back in.......line.............................didn't work did it................vette club

Oh pass me, so I know your playing HARD
                                Bob
                                Like you could pass anything other than a vette

Comment

Working...
                                X