Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody familiar with Western Tennessee?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody familiar with Western Tennessee?

I am driving to the tour from Ohio, and will have to stop somewhere along I-40 between Nashville and Memphis for the night. Are there any cities that I should avoid staying in due to crime? Or can anybody suggest a good spot to land? Somewhere halfway between the 2 cities maybe...

Have stayed in Jackson TN before without any problems.

Comment

Originally posted by dianeokie View Post
      Have stayed in Jackson TN before without any problems.
      if you stop in Jackson make sure you eat dinner at Casey Jones Buffett
      Last edited by Anthony; May 8, 2013, 04:40 PM.
      Grizzly Adams is my hero.

Comment

Anywhere but Nashville or Memphis are nice places if you stay close to the highway I myself will be staying in Clarksville Tn. and traveling down 79 instead of 40 four lane road goes straight to Memphis and shaves some time off the trip.
        Greg & Mendy Dayton, Ohio 2007LH 2008LH 2010LH 2011LH 2012 1st 2 stops 2013LH 2015 1st 2 stops2016LH 2017 first and last stops . 2018 LH ("It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!! Harley Davidson!")

Comment

Jackson looks like the perfect spot halfway. That will give me an 8 hour drive from Columbus, and then 8 hours to Arlington. I think that will split up the trip perfect. Thanks... And I will definitely look up the dinner spot

Comment

Originally posted by LNMRMN View Post
            Jackson looks like the perfect spot halfway. That will give me an 8 hour drive from Columbus, and then 8 hours to Arlington. I think that will split up the trip perfect. Thanks... And I will definitely look up the dinner spot
            Its a cool place just look for all the old trains outside the building
            Grizzly Adams is my hero.

Comment

Exit 80, Highway 45 B/P is a safe area with several motels and Casey Jones Village. I don't live far from Jackson and agree with the others who have commented that it is your best bet between Nashville and Memphis. There is also a mall and other restaurants at this exit. The Dickson, TN exit about 30 miles west of Nashville on I-40 is also a good area.

HRPT 2000, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2009, 2011, Long Haul 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017,2018

68 Camaro S/S convertible, 69 Camaro Coupe

Comment

Working...
              X