HRPT 2009 What are you building or doing to your Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: HRPT 2009 What are you building or doing to your Car

Welcome to the forum Dave the Bartender, we will be looking forward to meeting you on tour
    It's not the destination, but the journey and the friends you make along the way that counts.

Comment

Welcome Dave, great to see you here, will definitely keep an eye out for your 55, hopefully we'll get to cruise together.

For those of you that may remember, this was Dave's ride on the '07 Tour!

Comment

Originally posted by Rajunz
        Originally posted by 173rdherd
        Rajunz....what it is dude? long time no see!
        Hey Mike, hope to see you guys this year on the Tour? I'll find "The Great Pumpkin, Chalie Bown", and I'll always be able to find a certain Trans Am, and a certain Moon Shi.............., er, I mean, red Cheverlay, but everyone else please come by and introduce yourselves!

I've met alot of really cool people over the last few years on these forums, first at Hot Rod.com, then Rodder's Corner, and now here at CarJunkie (especially SpideyGears ;D)! Sorry that I haven't posted much at all lately, mainly because my new wife (the Maverick) won't allow me to!

See you guys in Madison,
        -Lance
        Lance, looking damn fine right there on the Mav, I want a ride. LOL at the Great Pumpkin line. Glad to see it's going to be on Tour 8).
        "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by Rajunz
          Welcome Dave, great to see you here, will definitely keep an eye out for your 55, hopefully we'll get to cruise together.

For those of you that may remember, this was Dave's ride on the '07 Tour!
          wrong angle. i bet people will remember the "flying pig" before they remember the car. ;D
          Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Well she is finished, my crew informs me that i had a pair of wheel cylinders about to let go so glad we caught those, unlike the rear driverside that let go on the tour last year, how we missed that little yelow duece at speedway when the breaks let go i will never know.

Hopefully today it takes its 1st shakedown run, still needs front end alignment and a couple of very small jobs but looks like its ready for the tour

Comment

Sounds good Chief.

Well, my buddy Ron that is travelling with us this year brought his truck over last night. Last Saturday when we stopped at his house the engine was still on the stand in pieces. :o It sounds good now! Here's a few pics. Still have to finish a bunch of small stuff but he is a happy camper now. This is going to be his first PT.

Haven't even had time to put the hood back on

New lump.
              I R Bob
              You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
              2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

It looks like he has the correct valve covers for a PowerTour entry ;D

Comment

Very nice looking truck. I'll have to see it on the tour. :D
                  It's not the destination, but the journey and the friends you make along the way that counts.

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn
                    It looks like he has the correct valve covers for a PowerTour entry ;D
                    Thought you'd like that even though it's only a .030 over 460. ;D
                    I R Bob
                    2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Originally posted by Solsticefun
                      Very nice looking truck. I'll have to see it on the tour. :D
                      Me too!
                      Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                      HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Well here it is, maiden voyage

Comment

Hello all! First time posting in THIS part of BS!
                          I didn?t want to post to soon, didn?t want to jinx myself.

So, I?ve been chipping away on my car for two years now, looks like I WILL be doing the power tour this year with my completed Javelin!
                          I am more than a little nervous as it will be the first summer with the car, but I live in Wisconsin so it?s not like I?ll start out going to far from home.

Still more work to do, I will be cutting it close but I think it will all work out.

Comment

Are you going to Long Haul with it Mike or just hit a few venues? Welcome over here, by the way. ;D
                            I R Bob

Comment

got tires today

trans next and were ready to go

Comment

First two stops for sure (reservations made), possibly 4 stops if all goes well ???
                                Playing it by ear ;)

Comment

Working...
                                X