HRPT 2009 What are you building or doing to your Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: HRPT 2009 What are you building or doing to your Car

got the a/c done today. and it blows REAL cold. putting an extra fan in front of the radiator this weekend,to push air thru...just in case. i don't want to jinx it, but the 83' might actually make it this year ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
    Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Originally posted by 70chevyC-10
      I must be a Neanderthal then - I still call CD's tapes for some reason. Neither the wife or I have a cellphone nor do we have a computer at home and we like it that way.
      LOL !!!
      Don't forget to pack the Peter Frampton Comes Alive 8-track for the Tour this year !!
      ;D

Comment

I'm still looking for my Iron Butterfly tape that switches track right in the middle of the drum solo ;)

Comment

Originally posted by White Monster
          That is a port for an iPod or other digital music playing device.
          CD's are ancient technology man ....
          I must be a Neanderthal then - I still call CD's tapes for some reason. Neither the wife or I have a cellphone nor do we have a computer at home and we like it that way.
          Please tell me you have a TV.... ;D LOL

Ed & Jane Tampa, FL
          1966 Plymouth Fury III
          2014 Dodge Ram 1500
          Long Hauler - 2009,2010,2012,2013,2014
          Cocoa Beach & Valdosta - 2011

Comment

Hey, I have Frampton Comes Alive and Iron Butterfly on vinyl along with 1,500 other albums that I have now burned to CD so, as far as I am concerned, CD's are not dead yet.

I do have an IPOD that will plug into the new stereo I put in the car this past fall. I have about 60 albums on the IPOD now just for the tour.
            Jim & Maureen
            There is a fine line between hobby and obsession and I think I crossed it!!
            HRPT Long Haulers 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013

Comment

Originally posted by White Monster
              LOL !!!
              Don't forget to pack the Peter Frampton Comes Alive 8-track for the Tour this year !!
              ;D
              "Do you feel like we do"? waa waa wahhawhee or something like that - along with Elton John's Tumbleweed Connection, Jethro Tull's Aqualung, Deep Purple's Smoke on the Water and of course The Allman Brothers Live at the Fillmore East - crank it up.

Ed - I just counted and we have 5 TV's left after the garage sale - that's sick. I'm going to have to find somewhere along the way to watch the Red Wings too if the finals are still going.
              Phil / Omaha

Comment

Originally posted by 69SS 350 5 Speed
                Hey, I have Frampton Comes Alive and Iron Butterfly on vinyl along with 1,500 other albums that I have now burned to CD so, as far as I am concerned, CD's are not dead yet.

I do have an IPOD that will plug into the new stereo I put in the car this past fall. I have about 60 albums on the IPOD now just for the tour.
                Cool !
                Then take the next step and burn those vinyl to CD's to iTunes on the PC and then load them up on your iPod for the tour.
                I also have about 1,000 old vinyl albums that I've converted to digital with my USB turntable and listen to them on my iPod all the time. With good editing, you can get rid of most of the hiss, pop, flutter and wow !
                ;D

Comment

Ed - I just counted and we have 5 TV's left after the garage sale - that's sick. I'm going to have to find somewhere along the way to watch the Red Wings too if the finals are still going.
                  They could possibly play 3 more games when your on PT, 6th 9th & 12th..... Got a DVR on your cable box, if not there must be Sports Bars around the venues...... I't been a long time since I have seen a good Hockey game.... We have the TB Lighting here.... Nuff Said!

Ed & Jane Tampa, FL
                  1966 Plymouth Fury III
                  2014 Dodge Ram 1500
                  Long Hauler - 2009,2010,2012,2013,2014
                  Cocoa Beach & Valdosta - 2011

Comment

I had an 8 track in my '79 Bonne. lol. Iron Butterfly, Jimmy Buffet, Ted Nugent, all the 8 track classics. ;D

Comment

I have about 15000 songs downloaded to a portable drive, with about 600 songs downloaded to my Zune, which is like the Ipod, for the tour. I will bring my portable drive and my laptop to update the music on the Zune as we go.
                      It's not the destination, but the journey and the friends you make along the way that counts.

Comment

I put the XM radio back in the S10

Comment

I've got XM in Earl. That and the engine noise is all we need...... ;)
                          Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                          HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

The thrash is underway....I may be unique but I think this week will fly by. Before I vent - ******Question ???

Do we know anyone in Madison who can change the differential fluid and engine oil/filter prior to the festivities on Saturday AM June 6? I just found out that this Tuesday is both the night I was to get these fluids changed (long story I'll share after a couple of cold ones) and my son's saxophone debut. Easy guess as to which carries veto power.

Yesterday I learned that a 14 year old A/C system doesn't carry a charge after 14 years, who knew. Now done. Shop never rotated tires....now done. As items roll off the punch list new ones pop up but so far no deal breakers ;D
                            a.k.a. - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

Originally posted by arrowhead
                              The thrash is underway....I may be unique but I think this week will fly by. Before I vent - ******Question ???

Do we know anyone in Madison who can change the differential fluid and engine oil/filter prior to the festivities on Saturday AM June 6? I just found out that this Tuesday is both the night I was to get these fluids changed (long story I'll share after a couple of cold ones) and my son's saxophone debut. Easy guess as to which carries veto power.

Yesterday I learned that a 14 year old A/C system doesn't carry a charge after 14 years, who knew. Now done. Shop never rotated tires....now done. As items roll off the punch list new ones pop up but so far no deal breakers ;D
                              Tom

You might send MIKEE a PM. He is probably going to be real busy with the Bratfest BUT if the weather is nice you might be able to get your bird on his lift for a service. If so, I would be glad to help with whatever I can.

Comment

Tom

Another thought amigo-2k is local to Madison - try to PM him to see if he has a line on a local shop in Madison.

Comment

Working...
                                X