HRPT 2009 What are you building or doing to your Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: HRPT 2009 What are you building or doing to your Car

Our Chevelle is alive, and driving. I finished the engine swap and gear ratio change late Saturday. So far we have driven it about 35 miles, and all is good. We will be driving it all week, weather permitting, and leave on Thursday evening for Madison. Plan to arrive there around 2 on Friday.

Hope to meet up with a bunch of you in Madison. ;D

Comment

;) Well....we got my buddy's new engine fired up today...one stupid wire kept us from starting it last nite!! Anyway, took it out for its maiden voyage about 10am today....all was fine!! Its a bronzed colored '68 Firebird convertible and we put a new motor and new 5-speed tranny w/new clutch and just also finished off the interior re-do with a custom center console with DVD, XM radio, backup camera (color no doubt!!) and all new speakers with amplifier!! It came out real nice and should be a hit on the tour this week....well, we think we made it............whew!! What a last minute rush....see you in Madtown........Steve ;D 8) ;D

Comment

new tires
        new trans
        checked brakes
        car is clean

GO GO GO

Comment

Good to go here. Got her all cleaned up, vacuumed, polished, waxed, rainX on the windows, the works. Even filled the tank yesterday. Friday at noon I'll be doing a burnout right out the garage. :o

Comment

Originally posted by 66Fury3
            Originally posted by 70chevyC-10
            Ed - I just counted and we have 5 TV's left after the garage sale - that's sick. I'm going to have to find somewhere along the way to watch the Red Wings too if the finals are still going.
            They could possibly play 3 more games when your on PT, 6th 9th & 12th..... Got a DVR on your cable box, if not there must be Sports Bars around the venues...... I't been a long time since I have seen a good Hockey game.... We have the TB Lighting here.... Nuff Said!
            It wasn't that long ago (2003-2004) the Lightning won it all - probably Sat. night in Madison I'll park my carcass at a Sports Bar somewhere to watch (if needed)... see ya @ QSL.
            Phil / Omaha

Comment

Originally posted by 66Fury3
              Ed - I just counted and we have 5 TV's left after the garage sale - that's sick. I'm going to have to find somewhere along the way to watch the Red Wings too if the finals are still going.
              They could possibly play 3 more games when your on PT, 6th 9th & 12th..... Got a DVR on your cable box, if not there must be Sports Bars around the venues...... I't been a long time since I have seen a good Hockey game.... We have the TB Lighting here.... Nuff Said!
              It wasn't that long ago (2003-2004) the Lightning won it all - probably Sat. night in Madison I'll park my carcass at a Sports Bar somewhere to watch (if needed)... see ya @ QSL.
              Phil, That sounds like a great way to spend an evening..... Drive safe & see ya @ QSL....

Ed & Jane Tampa, FL
              1966 Plymouth Fury III
              2014 Dodge Ram 1500
              Long Hauler - 2009,2010,2012,2013,2014
              Cocoa Beach & Valdosta - 2011

Comment

Well after this weekend trip, I was not happy with my clutch performance. >

Calling Summit or Jegs (Junk Every Guy Seeks) as my wife calls them.

Hopefully will have one in hand Tuesday to install that night.

Always the last minute with me. :P

Comment

Downpipe fabbed and in the trunk to get the end flaired. Found my radiator fell over on something and now has a hole in the core almost dead center. However the engine side of the fuel system is done and the intake is closed up and the wiring for the AC compressor, MAP sensor, alternator, and the EFI switch-pitch controller is done. Up on deck tonight is fabbing more exhaust back to the first muffler, wiring in the interior links to the original harness for the parking brake, AC clutch request, ignition switch power, fuel level, and starter command. Also need to wire in the lights for the CEL, low fuel, low oil level, low oil pressure, too hot, parking brake, and cruise control on. See you in Dayton.
                  Central TEXAS Sleeper
                  USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

well, the 83' is doing it to me again. it still wants to run hot. checked the radiator and temp is 209 going in and 154 coming out, so it doesn't seem to be the cooling system. the car runs cool running down the road, but when it stands still too long, temp starts to rise. header is getting real hot. i've been told possible lean condition. i'll try a differant carb tonite. :'(
                    Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Cobra

Do you have a fan shroud on it?

Typically, when a car runs hot at idle / stop and go traffic - it means that the fan isn't drawing enough air through the radiator. So fan, clutch, shroud - something isn't doing the job.

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn
                        Cobra

Typically, when a car runs hot at idle / stop and go traffic - it means that the fan isn't drawing enough air through the radiator. So fan, clutch, shroud - something isn't doing the job.
                        got a shroud. put the bad ass fan of the 88' on it (which i know works), new waterpump, new thermostate, four core radiator, new everything. it's pulling a hurricane thru the radiator. like i said, the temp drops from 209 to 154 going thru the radiator, so the cooling system seems to be doing it's job. if i let it idle with the hood wide open, it's not so bad. but if i opened the hood everytime i came to a lite, then i wouldn't be able to see it turn green.....
                        Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

I feel much better now that I have the t-top gaskets on, and the new door!! Yea!!!!! But now I have no co pilot...what a long drive to be alone!!!!

OLD

GONE

New Used door with no rust, and fresh paint!!!! Matches PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by cobra
                            if i let it idle with the hood wide open, it's not so bad. but if i opened the hood everytime i came to a lite, then i wouldn't be able to see it turn green.....
                            Take the hood off. ;D
                            I R Bob
                            You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                            2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Originally posted by BluLightning
                              if i let it idle with the hood wide open, it's not so bad. but if i opened the hood everytime i came to a lite, then i wouldn't be able to see it turn green.....
                              Take the hood off. ;D
                              OLD SKOOL!! 8) 8)

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn
                                Cobra

got a shroud. put the bad ass fan of the 88' on it (which i know works), new waterpump, new thermostate, four core radiator, new everything. it's pulling a hurricane thru the radiator. like i said, the temp drops from 209 to 154 going thru the radiator, so the cooling system seems to be doing it's job. if i let it idle with the hood wide open, it's not so bad. but if i opened the hood everytime i came to a lite, then i wouldn't be able to see it turn green.....
                                Did you check the timing? I have seen headers glowing because the timing was off.... it puts a lot of extra heat into the engine compartment that you don't notice till idling.....

Ed & Jane Tampa, FL
                                1966 Plymouth Fury III
                                2014 Dodge Ram 1500
                                Long Hauler - 2009,2010,2012,2013,2014
                                Cocoa Beach & Valdosta - 2011

Comment

Working...
                                X