HRPT 2009 What are you building or doing to your Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: HRPT 2009 What are you building or doing to your Car

You could also wrap the exhaust manifold / headers to reduce engine compartment heat while sitting ..

Comment

All new wilwood brakes the day before we are leaving : sure hope they work

Comment

Originally posted by 66Fury3
        Originally posted by cobra
        Originally posted by cstmwgn
        Cobra

Do you have a fan shroud on it?

Typically, when a car runs hot at idle / stop and go traffic - it means that the fan isn't drawing enough air through the radiator. So fan, clutch, shroud - something isn't doing the job.
        got a shroud. put the bad ass fan of the 88' on it (which i know works), new waterpump, new thermostate, four core radiator, new everything. it's pulling a hurricane thru the radiator. like i said, the temp drops from 209 to 154 going thru the radiator, so the cooling system seems to be doing it's job. if i let it idle with the hood wide open, it's not so bad. but if i opened the hood everytime i came to a lite, then i wouldn't be able to see it turn green.....
        Did you check the timing? I have seen headers glowing because the timing was off.... it puts a lot of extra heat into the engine compartment that you don't notice till idling.....
        checked the timing and tried it it differant settings. had the headers wrapped, but it interfered with the steering shaft. changed the radiator cap from my 88' mustang(even though the otherone was new) and it helped a little. putting on the fiberglass cowl hood tonight to try and get some air flow from under the hood. it looks REALLY ugly compared to what i had set up before, but....
        there is a possibility the motor is running a little lean. i'll check the plugs tonight. ordered a recalibration kit for the carb, from summitt. they will have it waiting for me when i shot past the georgia store tomarrow. keeping my fingers crossed and going.
        Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

my car is still being tempermential with me. replaced the o2 sensors and it is still idling very high. was told to look for vacuum leaks but haven't found any yet. i put on a new water pump(shaft driven) and now it's leaking oil everywhere so now i have to pull it back off and check and or replace the shaft seal on the motor. good thing i took off work thursday. hopefully i can get it back together in time before we have to leave thursday night.

Comment

I just got my TTA back into driving condition but I still have a few more things I'd like to do beforehand. Here's a picture:

It's got a PT51 turbo, built transmission, and a bunch of other little things. The car has almost 28k miles on it now. I'm hoping to be able to put the exhaust and subframe connectors on before the PT, but if I don't get the chance then it'll be open downpipe cruising for me.

Comment

We have those in 1:18 scale... looking forward to seeing your real one!

Jim T
              Supercar Collectibles
              www.Supercar1.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jimsc52
                We have those in 1:18 scale... looking forward to seeing your real one!

I worked with the guys at Greenlight in the design of the car, it was a lot of fun seeing it going through all the prototype stages. Do you happen to carry the new 1:64 scale cars?

Comment

Originally posted by 67BlueSS
                  Well after this weekend trip, I was not happy with my clutch performance. >

Calling Summit or Jegs (Junk Every Guy Seeks) as my wife calls them.

Hopefully will have one in hand Tuesday to install that night.

Always the last minute with me. :P
                  Clutch installed last night ( scattershields & blockplates are a pain in the butt). Very glad I decided to change it out because it was worse that I thought. Had to correct some linkage alignment problems.

Now I have 2 evenings to pack, drive car to break in clutch, and mow 3.5 acres all the while with a chance of showers and a muddy yard. :-\

Comment

Finally got it in primer this morning, had to go in to work late to paint before the afternoon rains, but it's done! ;D

Ed & Jane Tampa, FL
                    1966 Plymouth Fury III
                    2014 Dodge Ram 1500
                    Long Hauler - 2009,2010,2012,2013,2014
                    Cocoa Beach & Valdosta - 2011

Comment

Originally posted by FASTPACE
                      I just got my TTA back into driving condition but I still have a few more things I'd like to do beforehand. Here's a picture:

It's got a PT51 turbo, built transmission, and a bunch of other little things. The car has almost 28k miles on it now. I'm hoping to be able to put the exhaust and subframe connectors on before the PT, but if I don't get the chance then it'll be open downpipe cruising for me.
                      We should Cruise, I have a red 86 T/A 3-5/700r4. Slow, but fun to drive!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X