Where is HRPT 09 Going?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Where is HRPT 09 Going?

Chattanooga would be so cool for me, as I only live 30 minutes south of there. I'll start making some calls to the COC, local tourism board... see if I can find out something.
    "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

How about Madison, Racine, St. Ignace, Warren .......
      That would be a nice tour!

Comment

8-10 HR DRIVE?

Comment

spread over 4 days

Comment

Chattanooga would make an hour drive home for me, but Choo-Choo town could also be Reading, PA

Comment

Originally posted by Leon
              spread over 4 days
              8-10 hours min. to st. ignace from racine and a long drive from st. ignace to warren,mi. minimum 2 days.

if warren is day 4? where do you find 4 days? or are you talking after warren? there isnt any venues to handle the pt. in u.p. or northern wisc..... besides we know p.t. goes where the people are and that isn't the U.P.!

Now, if warren,mi. were day 5 there is a small possibility; but doubtful. it would be a long 2 days!!!!!!!!!!!!personnally i would take the ferry and meet you in warren,mi. well rested!

Comment

I was thinking if Warren were day 5 (a rumor you started ;D ) that the trip around the top could be broken up a bit and doable. St. Ignace wight have the room, but there isn't anything else up that way, plus I think we would have a better chance of it heading out west than going north.

Comment

i heard madison, racin, gm, columbus.
                  from that area down to chattanooga is a fair trot.
                  Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Originally posted by v8muscle
                    Chattanooga would make an hour drive home for me, but Choo-Choo town could also be Reading, PA
                    Chattanooga would fit with what I heard about them trying for Tennessee for the finale.

Comment

Originally posted by cobra
                      Warren to Columbus is a little over 200 miles, and if Warren is stop 4, that leaves under 500 miles for 2 days. That's about what we usually do on tour.

Comment

Makes you wanna say .... Mmmmmm.

Comment

Originally posted by cobra
                          Warren to Columbus is a little over 200 miles, and if Warren is stop 4, that leaves under 500 miles for 2 days. That's about what we usually do on tour.
                          2005 we did 315 miles from b'ham to tallahassee i believe.......... just doesnt leave enuf time to enjoy the ride ...imho

Comment

I was thinking if Warren were day 5 (a rumor you started ;D ) that the trip around the top could be broken up a bit and doable. St. Ignace wight have the room, but there isn't anything else up that way, plus I think we would have a better chance of it heading out west than going north.
                            Actually, you may be onto something. The UP State fairgraunds in Escanaba could accomodate the tour & leave a short 140 miles to St Ignace. We all know the tour will do anything not to return to Green Bay after 04, so it would be about the right mileage Racine to Escanaba, then a short day to Ignace.
                            Hauling ass & sucking gas are the best uses for a truck.

Comment

where's day 3 gonna be? that's the weird one! if warren is day 4.....now if warren were day 5..there a nubber of workable stops.

Comment

Originally posted by trukluvr
                                Actually, you may be onto something. The UP State fairgraunds in Escanaba could accomodate the tour & leave a short 140 miles to St Ignace. We all know the tour will do anything not to return to Green Bay after 04, so it would be about the right mileage Racine to Escanaba, then a short day to Ignace.

if WARREN,MI was day 5 it's doable......... IF?? DAY 5 RUMOR HOLDS. still a long haul. ( st ignace to warren is 290 miles of freeway ) ..for a day trip and still spend time at venue etc. i always allow for breakdown time and side trips in my schedule...

Comment

Working...
                                X