Where is HRPT 09 Going?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is HRPT 09 Going?

I did not hear the announcements about the cities it is going to next year. I did hear Madison, WI to Racine, WI and then not sure to GM Performance Center in Michigan. Does anybody know the final city.

Re: Where is HRPT 09 Going?

My guess is that they will announce stops as they get the venues contracted. They might wait to add th the suspense tho....... ???
    Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
    HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

heard tonite that ...WARREN,MI. stop may be moved to 5th.day instead of 4th. so watch for it before making reservations.

Comment

Originally posted by MIKEE
        heard tonite that ...WARREN,MI. stop may be moved to 5th.day instead of 4th. so watch for it before making reservations.
        I want to get the inside scoop too. Lol :P Keep us updated. When is the earliest that any one can remember that the full tour has been announced?

Comment

October or November sometime, you want to get your rooms fast after they announce the route because Family Events will book huge blocks of rooms! :P

Cheaps 8)

Comment

I heard Columbus but I don't see how it would fit with Warren #4
            2007 Power Tour Long Haul
            2008 Power Tour Long Haul
            2009 Canadian Points East Tour
            2009 Power Tour Michigan Stop
            2011 Power Tour Muskegeon & Detroit Stops
            2012 Power Tour Long Haul
            2012 Northeast Rod Run
            2013 Northeast Rod Run

Comment

That makes me think that Knoxville will be the end and Columbus/National Trails Raceway will be #6.
              Central TEXAS Sleeper
              USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

Originally posted by MIKEE
                Hey MIKEE, are your 'sources' reliable? Sounds like you have an inside track with someone....... ;D
                Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

On the Mothers web sight Forrest Tosie said in his June 13 report, " I heard secret rumblings about next year’s route that I’m sworn to secrecy about, but let’s just say Madison to start and a choo-choo town to end."
                  Now to me choo-choo town would be Chattanooga, Tennessee, as in "the Chattanooga Choo-Choo".

Just a guess, but on the map it does make sense distance wise. ;D
                  Cleve
                  Cape May, NJ
                  2006LH 2007LH 2012LH
                  There's no such thing as "Too much Power", only too little traction.

Comment

Chattanooga has a great venue for this... little farther south than i thought it would go. not complaining! just surprized! i actually think; it isnt firm yet! time will tell... but TENN, looks to be the front runner.

my sources are just people who know more people! they know alot of car people over many,many years.... now these people are much higher up in the pecking order and still remember their roots.

FYI : my wife is meeting w/ the Racine county visitors people today; we are going to push hard to get them to provide info. and whatever we can to provide at madison...so you can enjoy your stop on tour. yes, the NO RAIN order has already been submitted!

Comment

I'm all for TN. I can't really host ya'll at my house but I'm sure I can put something together at an offsite location if we come rolling through Nashville.
                      Central TEXAS Sleeper
                      USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

That sounds like a do-able route for me. Maybe 2009 will be the year that I finally do the Power Tour. :

cheers
                        Ed N.
                        Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
                        07 Mustang GT with some stuff
                        88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Comment

HRPT 2009
                          Day 1 - Madison, WI.
                          Day 2 - Racine WI.
                          Day 3 - not set
                          Day 4 - Warren MI. (GM Performance)
                          Day 5 - not set
                          Day 6 - not set
                          Day 7 - not set

8)

Comment

Chattanooga would make sense from what I heard for a destination, plus since Cherry Bomb has been sponsoring the finale, it would be close to their facility.

Comment

Not only Cherry Bomb.....but Coker tire is there too. But were would they have the actual location in Chattanooga? I would be all for anything in Tennessee being 90 mins from the Choo choo city & 3 hours from Knoxville with friends & relatives. ;D
                              That steely eyed look I had behind the wheel was me trying see..........

Comment

Working...
                              X