X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Where is HRPT 09 Going?

Originally posted by trukluvr
    Originally posted by Leon
    I was thinking if Warren were day 5 (a rumor you started ;D ) that the trip around the top could be broken up a bit and doable. St. Ignace wight have the room, but there isn't anything else up that way, plus I think we would have a better chance of it heading out west than going north.
    Actually, you may be onto something. The UP State fairgraunds in Escanaba could accomodate the tour & leave a short 140 miles to St Ignace. We all know the tour will do anything not to return to Green Bay after 04, so it would be about the right mileage Racine to Escanaba, then a short day to Ignace.
    Jim, what about hotel rooms...restaraunts , etc for that many people???

Comment

In '01 we did Albuquerque to Kingman - 473 miles in one day.......
      That's when it was a tour, not a parking lot event.

Comment

EXACTLY! But, i can drive 500 miles everyday...... it's supposed to be a vacation!
        back then it was a cross country thing..it had a goal to achieve...power tour doesn't ; so a long day of driving just isn't interesting to me. i want to see what is between point a and point b.

If they would put together a tour w/ just the drive involved; i would do it! as long as the group of cars were cruising together for the most part. The western tour does that..... but not in cards this year.

Comment

If Columbus, OH and if anywhere in Tennessee is in play.....then Lexington or Louisville would be logical as a stop to make that happen.(lol I typed logical :D)
          That steely eyed look I had behind the wheel was me trying see..........

Comment

;D ;D He said the "L" word ;D ;D

Comment

The 2000 tour was a TOUR CA to FL but it was 10 days long. many 400+ mile days

Comment

Originally posted by Phil
                The 2000 tour was a TOUR CA to FL but it was 10 days long. many 400+ mile days
                I wouldn't mind 10 days, especially if we had longer segments. Don't know if I could take 10 days of 4 hour drives and 6 hour carshows.......but, probably could....probably would. :-\
                Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Sorry guys / gals, since I had to cancel my 2008 PT, I did not get a chance to hear the rumors first hand. But like always, I have an opinion. :

I would not think the PT would go thru the Michigan U.P. (sorry yuppers). Lets face it, not much up there except a ton of woods and mosquitoes.

Looking at the total mileage the PT usually goes on, looping thru Motor City, then south to Louisville makes sense, plus there are many stops of interest along the way. There would have to be some extra miles tagged on in order to get around that mess commonly known as Chicago, but it does make sense.

I was at the GM Tech Center last year for the Camaro 40th anniversary celebration and they took the group thru the Heritage Center where they have some very rare and very cool GM vehicles. It is generally not open to the public, but they do arrange special groups to tour the facility.
                  The PT could loop back thru Indy which would be interesting , then to Louisville. That would leave a great Smokey Mountain PT for 2010. Hmmm.

Glad you all had a great time. I sure missed you guys. :'(

Comment

Originally posted by MIKEE
                    I was thinking if Warren were day 5 (a rumor you started ;D ) that the trip around the top could be broken up a bit and doable. St. Ignace wight have the room, but there isn't anything else up that way, plus I think we would have a better chance of it heading out west than going north.
                    Actually, you may be onto something. The UP State fairgraunds in Escanaba could accomodate the tour & leave a short 140 miles to St Ignace. We all know the tour will do anything not to return to Green Bay after 04, so it would be about the right mileage Racine to Escanaba, then a short day to Ignace.
                    Mike, the hotel thing might be a little tough up in Escanaba. There are about 30 hotels within 30 miles. Rooms may be a bit short to come by unless folks head towards Manistique.
                    Hauling ass & sucking gas are the best uses for a truck.

Comment

Can Escanaba or maybe the Marquette area handle the tour?
                      Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

Originally posted by MIKEE
                        Mike, the hotel thing might be a little tough up in Escanaba. There are about 30 hotels within 30 miles. Rooms may be a bit short to come by unless folks head towards Manistique.
                        thats what i'm saying! been up there several times..... not much there to handle any kind of crowd.
                        a tow truck call would be 50-75 miles up there. thats if you have cell service...which is mainly non- existent up there.

Comment

Working...
                        X