Venues please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Venues please

What are the locations for the venues in Arlington, Texarkana and Little Rock ?

You're out of practice, Dean.....here's Steve's daily listing on the Countdown thread:

2013 Hot Rod Power Tour
    Saturday, June 1 - University of Texas, Arlington, TX
    Sunday, June 2 - Four States Fair, Texarcana, AR
    Monday, June 3 - Arkansas State Fair, Little Rock, AR
    Tuesday, June 4 - Memphis Raceway, Memphis, TN
    Wednesday, June 5 - Regions Stadium, Birmingham, AL
    Thursday, June 6 - Chattanooga ST, Chattanooga, TN
    Friday, June 7 - Z-Max Dragway @ Charlotte Speedway, Charlotte, NC

It'll be good to see you again buddy!
    Last edited by oletrux4evr; May 13, 2013, 07:24 PM.
    Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
    HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Many thanks Ed ! I am seriously out of practice. I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone. We'll put this old pony in the wind and get there as quick as we can. See you guys and gals the 31st !

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
        You're out of practice, Dean.....here's Steve's daily listing on the Countdown thread:

2013 Hot Rod Power Tour
        Saturday, June 1 - University of Texas, Arlington, TX
        Sunday, June 2 - Four States Fair, Texarcana, AR
        Monday, June 3 - Arkansas State Fair, Little Rock, AR
        Tuesday, June 4 - Memphis Raceway, Memphis, TN
        Wednesday, June 5 - Regions Stadium, Birmingham, AL
        Thursday, June 6 - Chattanooga ST, Chattanooga, TN
        Friday, June 7 - Z-Max Dragway @ Charlotte Speedway, Charlotte,
        It'll be good to see you again buddy!
        I though it was at Hoover stadium in Birmingham.
        Grizzly Adams is my hero.

Comment

another link......

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony View Post
            I though it was at Hoover stadium in Birmingham.
            You are correct Anthony ... HR changed it from early published info and I forgot to change it.
            Thanks for the clarification Ed.

June 5 - Hoover Metropolitan Stadium, Hoover, AL
            Last edited by Monster; May 14, 2013, 12:27 PM.

Comment

Hoover Metropolitan Stadium

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
              Jump to: navigation, search
              Hoover Metropolitan Stadium The Hoover Met Former names Regions Park Location 100 Ben Chapman Drive,
              Hoover, Alabama 35244 Broke ground 1987 Opened April 16, 1988 Owner City of Hoover Operator City of Hoover Surface Natural grass Construction cost $14.5 million[1]
              ($28.1 million in 2013 dollars[2]) Architect Gresham, Smith and Partners (Architect of Record), HOK Sport (Design Architect) Project manager Harbert Commercial Construction Division[3] General contractor Harbert HPS Division[4] Capacity 10,800 Field dimensions Left Field: 340
              Left-Center: 385
              Center Field: 405
              Right-Center: 385
              Right Field: 340 Website http://www.hooveral.org/index.aspx?NID=377 Tenants Birmingham Barons (Southern League) (1988–2013)
              Hoover High School football (1988–2010, 2012-present)
              Hoover Invitational Marching Festival (1994–present)
              Southeastern Conference Baseball Tournament (1990, 1996, 1998–present) Not to be confused with Regions Field, the Birmingham Barons' new home in downtown Birmingham.
              Hoover Metropolitan Stadium (The Hoover Met), formerly known as Regions Park, is a minor league baseball park located in the Birmingham, Alabama, USA, suburb of Hoover. It was home of the Birmingham Barons of the Southern League from 1988 to 2012, replacing historic Rickwood Field in Birmingham. The stadium also serves as the home for the SEC Baseball Tournament, as well as the primary home for Hoover High School football. It is located in the Birmingham-Hoover Metropolitan Area near Interstate 459 at Exit 10 just off Alabama State Route 150. The stadium is located three miles from the Riverchase Galleria, one of the south's largest shopping centers.
              The seating capacity is 10,800 for baseball and can accommodate up to 16,000 when the patio, banquet, and grassy side areas are used. The stadium also houses 12 suites and state-of-the-art dressing and training rooms. The stadium also features a meeting/banquet room named for Michael Jordan, who played for the Barons during his brief foray into professional baseball, during which time the stadium experienced its largest crowds.
              The park was renamed in March 2007 Regions Park when Regions Financial Corporation purchased the naming rights. Despite the name change, many locals still referred to the stadium as "The Met".
              The City of Hoover operates the stadium and an adjacent recreational vehicle park.
              Regions Park hosted the AVP Birmingham Open on July 13-16, 2006, the first beach volleyball tournament to ever be played in Alabama. The feature court was above the baseball diamond as well as eight other courts on the field, made of 222 tons of sand per court.
              The stadium also played host to the 2011 and 2012 NCAA Division I Men's Soccer Championship.
              Along with Birmingham city officials, the Barons announced plans in November 2010 to return to Birmingham with a new field to be constructed downtown, near the UAB campus. Pending contract negotiations and construction, play at the new field was originally expected to begin with the 2012 season.[5] Site selection, financing issues, and problems obtaining all of the land sought by the developers has delayed a move until at least the 2013 season.[6][7]
              On December 20, 2012, the City of Hoover announced to change the name of the park back to its original name, "The Hoover Metropolitan Stadium". The name change took effect on January 1, 2013.[8]

Hahahah....I took the post down because I made an editing mistake.....anyway, it's the same place with a new name.
              Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
              HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

thanks for clearing that up Ed.
                Grizzly Adams is my hero.

Comment

He's pretty thorough I'd say.
                  Phil / Omaha

Comment

Trainman has the wrong address. The correct address is 100 Ben Chapman Drive,Hoover, Alabama 35244 , and that's thanks to Ed for his hard work. But I'm sure the directions, when they come out will have the correct address..
                    I just love my Hot Rods.

Long Hauled 2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2013. Loved every minute of it.

Comment

Working...
                    X