Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chattanooga stop - Coker Tire

Coker Tire CompanyHot Rod Power Tour

Since the Power Tour comes through on a Thursday, it forces us to keep Coker Tire's surrounding streets blocked off until 5pm EST, due to the surrounding businesses. ALL EARLY ARRIVALS will be parked in the Finley Stadium parking lot! This will be strictly enforced and we will have police officers directing traffic. At 5pm EST, the gates will open, and cars will be allowed to filter into our normal Cruise In entrance at the intersection of Main Street and Chestnut Street. Spread the word, so we can be as organized as possible!!!

Like · · Share · 1 · 54 minutes ago ·
    Phil / Omaha

Doesn't sound like a traffic jam to me...
    I just love my Hot Rods.

Long Hauled 2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2013. Loved every minute of it.

Comment

Originally posted by street72 View Post
      Doesn't sound like a traffic jam to me...
      yeh, like it wasn't last time. by the time we got there, we got one of the last three spaces.
      Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

This is our first yearand, I'm not sure I understand. They will make you park in one location then, after 5 you can go into the actual venue? I thought it was over at 6 and people went to eat or to their hotels.
        Arlington, Texarkana, Little Rock, 2013
        Long Hauler 2014, 2016, 2018
        Kansas City 2017

Comment

The actual venue is at the Community College (yes it ends about 6:00pm) - Coker Tire (a sponsor) is in old downtown - and then yes, at 5:00 they will open local street parking by their place so you can see their shop, museum, etc. But before 5:00 I presume they need to in and out local business people and customers only.

I have no idea how far a walk the Finley Stadium parking lot is - I'm not going (to Coker) so ........
          Last edited by 70chevyC-10; May 17, 2013, 05:37 AM.
          Phil / Omaha

Comment

the distance from the venue to Coker is about 8 miles

so go to the venue first, then after the businesses around Coker close, go there

Comment

Originally posted by 70chevyC-10 View Post
              The actual venue is at the Community College (yes it ends about 6:00pm) - Coker Tire (a sponsor) is in old downtown - and then yes, at 5:00 they will open local street parking by their place so you can see their shop, museum, etc. But before 5:00 I presume they need to in and out local business people and customers only.

I have no idea how far a walk the Finley Stadium parking lot is - I'm not going (to Coker) so ........
              Finely Stadium is 3 or 4 blocks from Coker Tire. Across the street from where they let you into the party area.
              Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Working...
              X