No announcement yet.

Power Tour Directions are out!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

htrdharley.......what do you think about going south out of Hickory and across Lake Norman to get to Mooresville? Then go east from there across country to Concord?[/QUOTE]

I usually take 321 south out of Hickory, down to 10 in Newton then 16 South to Denver onto 150. 150 crosses Lake Norman and intersects with Williamson Rd. Turn right, Knob Hill will be about a 1/2 mile on the left. 150 is a 2 lane, and can get crowded late in the day around Mooresville.

People taking the I 77 route can also get off at exit 36, turn right but get in the left turn lane and make the first left by the Chick Fil A. DC Classics will be on the right about 1/4 mile, turn right onto Knob Hill. Roush is on the right. Taking this around lunch time could be a mistake, exit 33 would be less crowded.

Comment

There is also construction at the intersection of I 40 and I 77. I sat there for 30 minutes very recently.

Any tips getting into Arlington on a Friday night?

Comment

Thanks for the maps Quick (I printed them all) and for the local traffic report Harley.....printed it too.
        Phil / Omaha

Comment

Ya'll are awesome!! I'd be lost if it weren't for BS!!!
          sigpic

"People Sleep Peacefully in their beds at Night Because Rough Men Stand Ready to do violence on their Behalf."
          - George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by QuickGearhead View Post
            I haven't seen all of the route converted to google maps so here I go.

Let me know if there are any errors in my converting of the directions to google maps. I will change them and repost the link.

Day 1: Arlington to Texarkana

Day 2: Texarkana to Little Rock

Day 3: Little Rock to Memphis

Day 4: Memphis to Birmingham

Day 5 Birmingham to Chattanooga

Day 6: Chattanooga to Charlotte

http://goo.gl/maps/ZByMs
            Hey QuickGearhead,

The only mistake that I have found, and I only looked for the routes going from Memphis to Birmingham to Chattanooga was; When you're almost into Chattanooga, on highway 136, you're supposed to continue on Piney Rd, which turns into Burkhalter Gap Rd. From there, you turn left onto highway 189, Lookout Mountain Scenic Hwy. You have the route continuing on Highway 136 until you turn at the beginning of Highway 189.

I hope that makes sense........
            sigpic

"People Sleep Peacefully in their beds at Night Because Rough Men Stand Ready to do violence on their Behalf."
            - George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by htrdharley View Post
              There is also construction at the intersection of I 40 and I 77. I sat there for 30 minutes very recently.

For the people NOT going to the R/Y lunch, please route us from I-77 to ZMAX. Thanks.........

HRPT 2000, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2009, 2011, Long Haul 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017,2018

68 Camaro S/S convertible, 69 Camaro Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by Bucky67 View Post
                Hey QuickGearhead,

The only mistake that I have found, and I only looked for the routes going from Memphis to Birmingham to Chattanooga was; When you're almost into Chattanooga, on highway 136, you're supposed to continue on Piney Rd, which turns into Burkhalter Gap Rd. From there, you turn left onto highway 189, Lookout Mountain Scenic Hwy. You have the route continuing on Highway 136 until you turn at the beginning of Highway 189.

I hope that makes sense........

That makes sense. I fixed it. Looks like I skipped that line on the directions.

Thanks for the heads up!

Comment

Originally posted by smalblock View Post
                  For the people NOT going to the R/Y lunch, please route us from I-77 to ZMAX. Thanks.........
                  I would head on 26/74 South out of Asheville, stay on 74 where it splits from 26 and take that to 85 and run to the speedway. let me qualify that by saying I would run that route if you get to Ashville by 11:00 or so. Any later and Charlotte traffic on 85 sucks bad.

From I 77 take exit 36, turn right for the lunch stop, or turn left to skip it and go to highway 3 (a couple of miles) and turn right. 3 passes DEI and they have a great viewing area. Follow this until it meets Odell School Road. Turn right, take Odell School until it meets 73. Turn left onto highway 73. Follow this to highway 29 and turn right. This will bring you in from the opposite side of Zmax (it will be on the right to Bruton Smith BLVD.) On 29 you will pass Doug Herberts place and Dennis Carpenter on the right. That means you are close to Z Max. If a gate is open off 29 coming up the hill ( you will see the circle track on the left), on your right you can sneak in that way and avoid Bruton Smith BLVD.

Comment

if you can stay away from hi-way 114 in the DFW area it is a mess.
                    Grizzly Adams is my hero.

Comment

I would head on 26/74 South out of Asheville, stay on 74 where it splits from 26 and take that to 85 and run to the speedway. let me qualify that by saying I would run that route if you get to Ashville by 11:00 or so. Any later and Charlotte traffic on 85 sucks bad.

From I 77 take exit 36, turn right for the lunch stop, or turn left to skip it and go to highway 3 (a couple of miles) and turn right. 3 passes DEI and they have a great viewing area. Follow this until it meets Odell School Road. Turn right, take Odell School until it meets 73. Turn left onto highway 73. Follow this to highway 29 and turn right. This will bring you in from the opposite side of Zmax (it will be on the right to Bruton Smith BLVD.) On 29 you will pass Doug Herberts place and Dennis Carpenter on the right. That means you are close to Z Max. If a gate is open off 29 coming up the hill ( you will see the circle track on the left), on your right you can sneak in that way and avoid Bruton Smith BLVD.
                      Thank you!

HRPT 2000, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2009, 2011, Long Haul 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017,2018

68 Camaro S/S convertible, 69 Camaro Coupe

Comment

I'm putting the venue addresses here, so they are available to find later ...

June 1 UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS @ ARLINGTON
                        701 S. Nedderman Drive
                        Arlington, TX 76019

June 2 FOUR STATES FAIRGROUNDS
                        3700 East 50th St.
                        Texarkana, AR 71854

June 3 ARKANSAS STATE FAIR COMPLEX
                        2600 Howard St.
                        Little Rock, AR 72206

June 4 MEMPHIS INTERNATIONAL RACEWAY
                        5500 Victory Lane
                        Millington, TN 38053

June 5 HOOVER METROPOLITAN STADIUM
                        100 Ben Chapman Drive
                        Hoover, AL 35244

June 6 CHATTANOOGA STATE COMM COLLEGE
                        4501 Amnicola Highway
                        Chattanooga, TN 37406

June 7 ZMAX DRAGWAY
                        5555 Concord Pkwy South
                        Concord, NC 28027

Comment

it's good that these addresses are out there.....the leg that seems to have some folks uncertain is the last leg, the one between Chattanooga, TN, and Concord, NC......there seem to be several different options, all of which have their opinions....nonetheless, it's a "long haul"..........rexx!

Comment

The Route file now has today's date on it and also says final in the file name. Not sure if there were any changes made or not? I'm kind of route exhausted and don't feel like comparing the whole thing.
                            1968 Torino - DOHC 4.6L/T56 swap project
                            2011 CTS-V Wagon - TR-6060 equipped

Comment

Originally posted by 4 cam torino View Post
                              The Route file now has today's date on it and also says final in the file name. Not sure if there were any changes made or not? I'm kind of route exhausted and don't feel like comparing the whole thing.
                              The changes are related to the Lunch stop at Roush Yates on Friday. As was pointed out by HTRDHRLY they had the wrong location identified as the lunch stop and therefore needed to add a left turn onto Knob Hill Road to get you to the correct location.
                              Last edited by cstmwgn; May 21, 2013, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X