Event Schedule is Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Event Schedule is Out

Was there a discussion about this that I missed? I just noticed this on the page with the directions.

Link for schedule of events under the route line.
    Saturday, June 1, 2013 – University of Texas at Arlington - Kick Off Celebration
    YOUR KICK-OFF CRUISE NIGHT SPONSOR:
    9 am - 7 pm Painless Performance Products Kickoff Cruise Night Show Hours
    9 am Registration opens
    9 am HOT ROD Magazine Power Tour® Manufacturer’s Midway Opens
    9 am – 6 pm Lucas Oil Dyno Challenge open to all registered participants
    9 am – 6 pm Miss Painless Performance signing autographs in the Painless Performance Products display
    Noon – 5 pm Participant Game Zone at rMain Stage (Spin the Wheel for Prizes; Hot Rod Trivia, etc.)
    10:30 am - Noon Linda Vaughn and Courtney Hansen signing autographs at the Chevrolet Performance display
    2:00 pm - 3:30 pm Linda Vaughn and Courtney Hansen signing autographs at the Chevrolet Performance display
    5 pm - 7 pm Activities / Sponsor & VIP interviews and giveaways at Main Stage
    6 pm Registration closes
    6:30 pm - 7 pm Painless Performance Products Giveaway Presentation at Main Stage
    7:00 pm Painless Performance Products Cruise to Coyote Drive-in for American Graffiti
    (www.coyotedrive-in.com Buy Tickets, June 1, Painless)
    7:30 pm Legendary classic rock band, KANSAS, live in concert inside the University of Texas - Arlington's
    College Park Center - Buy discount tickets at www.utatickets.com.
    Sunday, June 2, 2013 – Four States Fairgrounds - Texarkana, AR
    YOUR CRUISE NIGHT SPONSOR:
    7am – 8:30 am Official Power Tour Drivers’ Meeting with an Edelbrock prize drawing at UT-Arlington
    8am - Noon Sponsors and vendors set-up in at the Four States Fairgrounds
    Noon Registration opens in Texarkana and Tour begins to arrive
    Noon - 7 pm Edelbrock Cruise Night Show Hours
    Noon –6 pm Lucas Oil Dyno Challenge open to all registered participants
    Noon - 6 pm Vic & Christi Edelbrock signing autographs and greeting fans at the Edelbrock display
    Noon - 6 pm “Miss Hot Rod” and TV Host of Overhaulin’, PowerBlock and Million Dollar Motors, Courtney
    Hansen, signing autographs at the SEMA display
    1 pm – 5 pm Participant Game Zone at Main Stage (Spin the Wheel for Prizes; Hot Rod Trivia, etc.)
    4:30 pm – 5:30 pm Activities / Sponsor & VIP interviews and giveaways at Main Stage
    6 pm Registration closes
    6:30 pm - 7 pm Edelbrock Giveaway Presentation at Main Stage
    Monday, June 3, 2013 – Arkansas Fairgrounds - Little Rock, AR
    7am – 8:30 am Official Power Tour Drivers’ Meeting with a Painless Performance prize drawing - Four States
    Fairgrounds
    8am - Noon Sponsors and vendors set-up at the Arkansas Fairgrounds - Little Rock
    Noon - 7 pm Show Hours
    Noon Registration opens in Little Rock and Tour begins to arrive
    Noon – 6 pm Lucas Oil Dyno Challenge open to all registered participants
    Noon - 6 pm “Miss Hot Rod” and TV Host of Overhaulin’, PowerBlock and Million Dollar Motors, Courtney
    1 pm – 5 pm Participant Game Zone at Main Stage (Spin the Wheel for Prizes; Hot Rod Trivia, etc.)
    3pm - 4pm COMP Cams Engine Builder Duel - COMP Cams display
    6pm Registration closes
    Tuesday, June 4, 2013 – Memphis International Raceway - Memphis, TN
    7 am – 8:30 am Official Power Tour Drivers’ Meeting with a COMP Cams prize drawing - Arkansas Fairgrounds
    8am - Noon Sponsors and vendors set-up at Memphis International Raceway
    9am - 6 pm Adventure Passport Challenge - Visit the 10 Memphis area attractions for prizes at each stop and
    the chance for a grand prize giveaway announced at the Beale Street Block Party Starting at 6 pm
    Noon - 7 pm COMP Cams Cruise Night Show Hours
    Noon Registration opens at Memphis International Raceway, and Tour begins to arrive
    Noon - 6 pm “Miss Hot Rod” and TV Host of Overhaulin’, PowerBlock and
    Million Dollar Motors, Courtney Hansen, signing autographs at the SEMA display
    1 pm – 4 pm ¼ mile Fun Runs on the strip – a part of the Mothers Driving Experience
    CRUISE NIGHT
    SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
    June 1 - June 7, 2013
    6 pm Registration closes
    6:30pm - 7 pm COMP Cams Giveaway Presentation at Main Stage
    6pm - 11pm Block Party on Beale Street in Downtown Memphis brought to you by COMP Cams.
    Wednesday, June 5, 2013 – Hoover Metropolitan Stadium - Hoover, AL
    6:30 am – 8:00 am Official Power Tour Drivers’ Meeting with a Holley prize drawing - Memphis Int’l Raceway
    8am - Noon Sponsors and vendors set-up at Hoover Metropolitan Stadium
    Noon - 7 pm Holley Cruise Night Show Hours
    Noon Registration opens at Hoover Metropolitan Stadium and Tour begins to arrive
    Noon - 6 pm “Miss Hot Rod” and TV Host of Overhaulin’, PowerBlock and
    Million Dollar Motors, Courtney Hansen, signing autographs at the SEMA display
    Noon – 6 pm Holley Autocross – a part of the Mothers Driving Experience
    6 pm Registration closes
    6:30pm - 7 pm Holley Giveaway Presentation at Main Stage
    Thursday, June 6, 2013 – Chattanooga State Community College - Chattanooga, TN
    7am – 8:30 am Official Power Tour Drivers’ Meeting with Coker Tire prize drawing - Hoover Metropolitan Stadium
    8am - Noon Sponsors and vendors set-up in Chattanooga at Chattanooga State Community College
    Noon - 7 pm Coker Tire Cruise Night Show Hours
    Noon Registration opens at Chattanooga State Community College and Tour begins to arrive
    5 pm - 9 pm Coker Tire hosts a Cruise-In at their historic Downtown Chattanooga headquarters with live
    music, cool cars and good food!
    6 pm Registration closes
    6:30pm - 7 pm Coker Tire Giveaway Presentation at Main Stage
    Friday, June 7, 2013 – Charlotte Motor Speedway zMax Dragway - N. Concord, NC
    YOUR GRAND FINALE CRUISE NIGHT SPONSOR:
    6 am - 7 am HOTROD.com Live Participant Messages and drivers’ meeting at Chatt. State Comm. College
    8am - Noon Sponsors and vendors set-up at zMax Dragway
    Noon - 8 pm RK Motors Cruise Night Show Hours
    Noon Registration opens and Tour begins to arrive
    Noon – 7 pm Lucas Oil Dyno Challenge open to all registered participants
    1 pm – 7 pm ¼ mile Fun Runs on the strip – a part of the Mothers Driving Experience
    1 pm – 7 pm Participant Game Zone at Main Stage (Spin the Wheel for Prizes; Hot Rod Trivia, etc.)
    6:30 pm RK Motors Giveaway from Main Stage
    6 pm Registration closes
    7 pm World Record Breaking Group Burnout on the zMax Dragway
    1968 Torino - DOHC 4.6L/T56 swap project
    2011 CTS-V Wagon - TR-6060 equipped

Summary of interesting points for discussion.

Scavenger Hunt in Memphis
    Drag racing in Memphis and Charlotte (I figured there would be since we got Union Grove and Bristol in 2009)
    Auto x officially in B ham
    World Record group burnout in Charlotte?

Comment

I hadn't seen that, so thanks! Wanted to find out about the drag racing and autocross!

Comment

The landmark thing in Memphis sounds like it could take up alot of time.
        Grizzly Adams is my hero.

Comment

Block Party on Beale St. if I can stay up past 9:00 or so -doubt it though.
          Phil / Omaha

Comment

I was wondering about that... I know I'm not driving my car down there that late at night, just to drive back to Millington. Not a wise choose, but pretty cool for those that are staying closer to Memphis.
            sigpic

"People Sleep Peacefully in their beds at Night Because Rough Men Stand Ready to do violence on their Behalf."
            - George Orwell

Comment

im def game for the coker block party and the autox and esp the 4 wide drag strip

Comment

Anyone have any info on the burnout deal in Charlotte?
                PT 2006-2008-2009-2010-2011-2014-2015
                1970 EL CAMINO

Comment

Originally posted by BLUE STREAK View Post
                  Anyone have any info on the burnout deal in Charlotte?
                  I like my tires.............

Comment

It's only a 20 minute drive from Beale St. to Millington. We did this twice back in April and our hotel was north of the track on 51 (North of Fite Rd.). That said, I did not take my "show" car downtown, we took the tow vehicle instead but area looked better than had been described to me previously.

Man I'm ready to leave.
                    GM G-bodies, because I can't afford a 69 Camaro.

Comment

I don't remember it being terrible driving in downtown Memphis when we stopped on the way back home last year. Plan on parking in a parking garage though.

I really hope they have us running all 4 lanes at Zmax, that would be awesome.
                      Last edited by 4 cam torino; May 21, 2013, 12:54 PM.

Comment

yeah all 4 lanes would be cool

Comment

Back on the 03 tour we parked the truck in one of the parking garage then walk to Beale st. Had no problems at all
                          Grizzly Adams is my hero.

Comment

Man, are we gonna have some fun. Auto crossing and 1/4 mile drags. I'm making arrangements to get my drag radials sent to Charlotte, not only is it a really nice track it's only slightly more than an hour from my home. I won't be able to get some good slips at Memphis, but Charlotte may be OK.
                            2011 Long Hauler
                            2011 Corvette Grand Sport-650 HP Edelbrock Eforce SC 6 speed paddleshift auto

1979 Pontiac Trans Am-800 hp 5 speed Richmond Super Street OD with Long shifter

Comment

Either way, just making runs on ZMax will be a notch on my belt..
                              I just love my Hot Rods.

Long Hauled 2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2013. Loved every minute of it.

Comment

Working...
                              X