Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burn Out

From Hot Rods Site. Lots of rules....

Hey HOT ROD Power Tourers, want to be part of a Guinness World Record attempt? We’re tired of getting kicked around by the hot-rodders down-under. Australia has held the World Record for most cars doing a burnout for long enough. It’s time to take it back, but we need your help. Can we get more than 69 cars to line up on the return road of zMax Dragway and light ‘em up? We think we can, and we want you to be there.

This is what the Aussies call a good burnout. We want to do even better.

If you think your car can do an Australian-style, World Record-breaking burnout and you’ll be at the HOT ROD Power Tour show in Charlotte, North Carolina, then you are invited to sign up and participate in this World Record-breaking attempt on Friday, June 7, 2013. Oh, one more thing, you gotta 18 years old or older. Sorry, kiddos.
    Signup on site at zMax Dragway or by sending an email to [email protected] with the subject line “BURNOUT RECORD”. Please include your name, car make and model and contact info. We need at least 70 participants to sign up or we won’t have a chance at the record, so sign up now and invite a friend to sign up too. Less than 70 cars and we won’t even bother, so if you want to burn rubber, make sure we know about it!

Take a moment to look over the rules below so you don’t get kicked out of tech.
    Burnout Rules & Regulations

Friday, June 7, 2013 – zMAX Dragway – Charlotte Motor Speedway – 7pm

Contest schedule subject to change at each event.

General Information

1) All burnout participants must:

•Be registered HRPT participants (can be one-day participants too)
    •Be signed up for the burnout by 4pm, Friday, June 7th
    •Go through tech starting at 5pm (zMAX Dragway staging lanes)
    •Sign a waiver of liability at tech
    •Sign up for the burnout either at the event’s main stage throughout power tour or at [email protected]

2) More details on burnout execution:

•No water, no burnout plate or tire blocks will be provided
    •Burnout will take place on the zMAX Dragway return lane
    •HOT ROD will not allow any passengers during the burnout – only the driver.

3) All vehicles must be in good condition inside and out. No wrecked or missing body parts.

4) If welding has been performed on chassis or suspension and shows any evidence of deterioration, vehicles will not be allowed to compete.

5) No fluid leaks of any type are permitted.

6) All nitrous bottles must be unhooked.

7) All vehicles must be equipped with seat belts and they must be worn.

8) All vehicles must be powered by gasoline or diesel fuel.

9) No alcohol or drugs permitted. This policy will be strictly enforced and presence of alcohol or drugs will automatically disqualify the driver and vehicle from competition. Any participant who refuses to take a Breathalyzer test, or fails test, will be disqualified immediately by Tech Inspector.

10) Helmets are highly recommended.

11) All decisions of the Tech Inspector are final.

Vehicles Allowed in Contest

Participation in the Burnout contest is limited to vehicles that are either stock configuration or tubbed as defined below:

1) Manual (Stick) Transmissions are Prohibited!

2) Stock Chassis or tubbed vehicles are allowed.

3) Superchargers are not allowed. (Exception is OEM or approved aftermarket supercharger or turbocharger).

4) Brakes on each vehicle will be tested for pedal “feel”. A running brake test may be requested. All brake pedals must be covered with a non-skid surface. Line locks are recommended.

5) Each vehicle must be equipped with 1 operative shock absorber for each spring wheel. Shocks may be either hydraulic or friction type and in operative order. Vehicles may be lowered.

6) Only D.O.T. approved tires are allowed. No retreads or studs allowed. Street tires must have 1/8” tread depth across the entire width of the tire. D.O.T. street slicks are allowed, but wear indicators must be present and tires must be marked D.O.T. Tires must be free of all defects, cuts, and dry rot. Metal screw in valve stems or valve stem retainers are recommended. Snap-on hubcaps must be removed.

7) Hot Rod Power Tourtm Staff reserves the right to refuse admittance to any vehicle that Hot Rod Power Tourtm feels is unsafe for any reason.

8) The vehicle must have drive shaft loops if the bumper height is 25” or higher. Each drive shaft must have a minimum of 2 loops. If a vehicle has a shaft no longer than 24”, 1 loop, properly centered, will suffice. Drive shaft loops must be rigidly mounted to a frame rail or to the floor on both sides of the shaft. (Four Wheel Drive only.)

9) Drive to the front wheels must be disengaged. (Four Wheel Drive only.)

Operation of Burnout Contest

1) After completing tech inspection and signing waivers, the driver is to take his/her vehicle to the Burnout area.

2) Before staging, the driver must secure seat belt.

3) When the vehicles have been staged, the starter will ask for a “thumbs up” to indicate the drivers are ready. Starter will activate timer and participant will have a minimum of 30 seconds to complete burnout. After the horn is blown, the participant must stop immediately.

30 second burn out? That is not Ausie style

Comment

No manual trans? Not really surprised as I know that is how the Car Craft Burnout contests are, but it rules me out.
      1968 Torino - DOHC 4.6L/T56 swap project
      2011 CTS-V Wagon - TR-6060 equipped

Comment

"1) Manual (Stick) Transmissions are Prohibited!"

Disqualifies Earl too.......
        Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
        HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
          "1) Manual (Stick) Transmissions are Prohibited!"

Disqualifies Earl too.......
          Jade too....... Damn!!
          sigpic

"People Sleep Peacefully in their beds at Night Because Rough Men Stand Ready to do violence on their Behalf."
          - George Orwell

Comment

Gee I could have........but no, everyone voted for me to bring the Banana Boat! Maybe I could sell the Banana Boat to the Gas Monkeys and go get the "Beast".....................
            Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
            The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

I'm out too..........although, like I said...........I like my tires!

Comment

I agree Diane, after all, rubbers aren't cheap!!!
                sigpic

"People Sleep Peacefully in their beds at Night Because Rough Men Stand Ready to do violence on their Behalf."
                - George Orwell

Comment

No Can Do.
                  Rear discs and no line-lock.

Comment

I think I can put the Rental car out there...
                    I just love my Hot Rods.

Long Hauled 2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2013. Loved every minute of it.

Comment

lets see..no seat belts, im out, leaky fluids, im out, no helmet, im out, alcohol drugs, im out, gotta pass tech, im out.....BUT WAIT TILL I GET TO THE FREAKIN HOTEL!
                      Never kick a fresh Turd on a hot day.....Harry S Truman

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dave View Post
                        Gee I could have........but no, everyone voted for me to bring the Banana Boat! Maybe I could sell the Banana Boat to the Gas Monkeys and go get the "Beast".....................
                        Is that why the Gas Monkey guys welcomed Power Tourers? To get a bunch of cars there to try to buy? Not a bad idea :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by TexasMarkVII View Post
                          No Can Do.
                          Rear discs and no line-lock.
                          It'd put some heat in the rear brakes but it would still do it unless you have a real aggressive pad compound on the back. When I was running Carbotech XP8's on the back of my Lightning, once the pads warmed up burnouts were done. In '09 at Bristol, the Carbotechs on the back, second run of two back to back runs, high humidity so power was down, hot grippy brakes, it actually wouldn't do a brake stand at all to clean the tires a little for the second pass. That's the only time I've had that problem with a rear disc, auto trans vehicle though.

Comment

Originally posted by street72 View Post
                            I think I can put the Rental car out there...
                            Rental car as in a GT-H or an actual rental car?

Comment

Originally posted by 4 cam torino View Post
                              Rental car as in a GT-H or an actual rental car?
                              GTH as in his avatar -
                              Phil / Omaha

Comment

Working...
                              X