Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Plan B Power Tour Cars - Who Has Had to Use One?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mostly Holiday Inn Express. Although we did 1 night at a Holiday Inn on the way down. 2 Nights at a Crown Plaza in Arlington and a night at tht Westin in Memphis. I also got to the reservation party a bit late so I had to take what was available.
    Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
    74 Nova Project
    66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
    79 Chevy Truck Project
    1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

I don't even want to add up all the pre-event mods to the car & the price of gas/hotels & such.

One thing, we stayed at the same hotel/room the night after the event since we broke down & I asked if I could get the same rate as I had with the power tour & they said the normal rate was $10 less a night. Not sure what's up with that but I took the normal rate for that night.
      Last edited by grancuda; June 11, 2013, 06:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 74NovaMan View Post
        Mostly Holiday Inn Express. Although we did 1 night at a Holiday Inn on the way down. 2 Nights at a Crown Plaza in Arlington and a night at tht Westin in Memphis. I also got to the reservation party a bit late so I had to take what was available.
        do you ever use govt or aaa rates?
        Maybe I can clear this up.....I thought the cop was a prostitute.

Comment

Originally posted by 173rdherd View Post
          do you ever use govt or aaa rates?
          No, I have'nt. I made my reservations at the end of March this year. If we go next year I am planning on making reservations much earlier and planning the stop on the way down. That should net me considerable savings. I should also save one night as the tour is ending 200 miles from home.
          Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
          74 Nova Project
          66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
          79 Chevy Truck Project
          1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

Originally posted by 200kss View Post
            It's official. Plan B for this year will be my 2011 Silverado. It will get zero looks unless you count the "what the hell is THAT doing here?" stares, but I can't complain about the comfort, a/c or 400hp 6.2. Started packing it tonight, work tomorrow and leave out early Friday am.
            I think I saw you guys heading for Millington - you went to the left - and I went to the right, never saw you again though. I was in the black 04 Silverado shortbed.
            Phil / Omaha

Comment

Working...
            X