Drivers meetings...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chuckcasey View Post
    Personally I like going to drivers meeting to get the full experience of the Tour. It's more intimate, calm and quiet. You get some extra time listening to the staff including Pitt and Freiburger. In the two years I've done the tour I can't say I even remember detrimental traffic. Leaving the lot/line after the meeting is kind of fun too because of the caravan. The line of cars loosens up fairly quick but the group is near each other and most at the meeting take the prescribed route.

There are plenty of good reason to miss the meetings too but normally they don't outweigh the positives. For me.
    Agreed - no rush - traffic is not bad at all - and you get to howdy folks and take some pics too.
    Phil / Omaha

Comment

I'm only doing like a half day or a day on this so I'm definitely going to the one meeting in Arlington, that's about it. I expect it to be fairly banal, instructions to not do burnouts through every single town we go through, no speeding, no intentionally causing mayhem, stuff like that, along with an overview of the day's route, introductions to who will be present as far as any officials or leaders or whatever.

But I do need to experience at least one before I pass a judgement on them all. Maybe if I'm lucky I'll do the one in Texarkana, too, we'll have to see.
      Alan Moore - Wichita Falls, TX
      1976 Gran Torino 351C - Four Door Whore

Comment

Working...
      X