Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives stops on the Power Tour route........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives stops on the Power Tour route........

Most of these are in the Charlotte area......has anyone on here tried any of these.......or can advise on any of them.....

Rated 3 stars out of 5
    4 ratings
    Bar-B-Q King
    2900 Wilkinson Blvd., Charlotte, NC
    Show: Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives -> Episode: BBQ
    Show: The Best Thing I Ever Ate -> Episode: All American

Rated 4 stars out of 5
    1 ratings
    Dish
    1220 Thomas Ave., Charlotte, NC
    Show: Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives -> Episode: Comfort Food Classics

Rated 1 stars out of 5
    3 ratings
    Harold's
    602 N. Limestone St., Gaffney, SC
    Show: Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives -> Episode: Worth the Trip

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Rated 5 stars out of 5
    2 ratings
    Jake's Good Eats
    12721 Albemarle Rd., Charlotte, NC
    Show: Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives -> Episode: Grilled, Smoked And Sauced

Rated 5 stars out of 5
    4 ratings
    Landmark Restaurant Diner
    4429 Central Avenue, Charlotte, NC
    Show: Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives -> Episode: Fresh And Funky

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

South 21 Drive-In
    3101 E. Independence Blvd., Charlotte, NC
    Show: Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives -> Episode: By Request
    Show: Feasting on Asphalt/Waves -> Episode: The South Shall Fry Again

Go To 12:21 in video
    Rated 3 stars out of 5
    4 ratings
    The Beacon Drive-In
    255 John B. White Sr. Boulevard, Spartanburg, SC
    Show: Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives -> Episode: Diners A-Plenty

Go to 12:31 in video
    Rated 5 stars out of 5
    2 ratings
    The Penguin
    1921 Commonwealth Ave., Charlotte, NC
    Show: Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives -> Episode: Blue Plat

Read more at: http://www.foodnetwork.com/local/sea...51/8/?city=New York, NY&show=Diners, Drive-ins and Dives&oc=linkback
    Last edited by 383S-10; May 29, 2013, 02:53 AM.
    That steely eyed look I had behind the wheel was me trying see..........

Memphis Barbecue Co.
    709 Desoto Cove Horn Lake, MS 38637 | Get Directions
    (662) 536-3763

Read more at: http://www.foodnetwork.com/local/mo-.../?city=Memphis, TN&show=Diners, Drive-ins and Dives&oc=linkback
    Last edited by 383S-10; May 29, 2013, 03:25 AM.

Comment

I have not tried any of those in the Charlotte area. I recommend Lancasters BBQ in Mooresville or Punchy's on 29 north of Z Max a few miles. R&R BBQ is also close to the speedway.
      Last edited by htrdharley; May 29, 2013, 06:43 AM.

Comment

Thanks!
        Stopping later today at Black Dog Smokehouse & Ale in Urbana, Il. Found it on last years PT, we liked it so much we're making a small detour to get some of their BBQ.

Comment

nice list man im gonna have to print that just for a reference

Comment

Awesome list!!!
            sigpic

"People Sleep Peacefully in their beds at Night Because Rough Men Stand Ready to do violence on their Behalf."
            - George Orwell

Comment

There are a bunch of What-A-Burger old time shake and burger places in the Concord and Mooresville area. The milk shakes are awesome...

Comment

Chop House Burgers
                1700 W. Park Row Dr. #116, Arlington, TX
                Show: Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives -> Episode: Crankin' Up the Classics

Jamaica Gates Caribbean Cuisine
                1020 W Arkansas Lane, Arlington, TX
                Show: Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives -> Episode: Who'Da Thunk It?

Twisted Root Burger Co.
                2615 Commerce St, Dallas, TX
                Show: Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives -> Episode: A Burger, A Bowl and a Slice
                Read more at: http://www.foodnetwork.com/local/sea...0/?city=Dallas, TX&show=Diners, Drive-ins and Dives&oc=linkback

Maple & Motor
                4810 Maple Ave., Dallas, TX
                Show: Simply Delicioso with Ingrid Hoffmann -> Episode: Mommy & Me
                Show: Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives -> Episode: Streamlined Sammies
                Read more at: http://www.foodnetwork.com/local/sea...0/?city=Dallas, TX&show=Diners, Drive-ins and Dives&oc=linkback

Cane Rosso
                2612 Commerce St., Dallas, TX
                Show: Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives -> Episode: Big Time Flavor

Prince Lebanese Grill
                502 W Randol Mill Road, Arlington, TX
                Show: Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives -> Episode: Global Grub

Taste of Europe
                1901 W. Pioneer Parkway, Arlington, TX
                Show: Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives -> Episode: Dynamic Dishes
                Read more at: http://www.foodnetwork.com/local/sea...2/?city=Dallas, TX&show=Diners, Drive-ins and Dives&oc=linkback
                Last edited by 383S-10; May 29, 2013, 08:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by htrdharley View Post
                  There are a bunch of What-A-Burger old time shake and burger places in the Concord and Mooresville area. The milk shakes are awesome...
                  The closer you get to Texas the more What-a-Burgers you see......when I was into mini trucks and stationed at Ft. Bliss in El Paso it was our favorite late night hangout
                  My mini truck in 1987 Texas......
                  Last edited by 383S-10; May 29, 2013, 09:05 AM.

Comment

nice addition

Comment

The Beacon

The Beacon in Spartenburgh is awsome. They have had every president just about in the past 50 years stop and eat there. They are a great hamburger joint.
                      I will warn you though be ready to order when u step up to the counter. The guy is not going to wait long on you...it's part of the place. The oinion rings are out of this world.
                      Well the last time I was there several years ago.

I can't say for the BBQ king in Charlotte but the one in Lincolnton NC is good!
                      Retirement is better than I thought!

Comment

Chop House Burger in Texas is good, but expect long lines and eating by your car, cause there is little space to sit down.

And "The Penguin" isn't the same as it was. They fired most of their staff from back then and they moved across the street and opened a better joint. Still wasn't bad though.

We went to Jakes. It was nice.

Ryan
                        Ryan's Cars in Barns Blog
                        www.carsinbarns.blogspot.com

Comment

Thanks for the info Ryan

Comment

man im already hankerin for some good bbq

Comment

Originally posted by Andy4639 View Post
                              The Beacon in Spartenburgh is awsome. They have had every president just about in the past 50 years stop and eat there. They are a great hamburger joint.
                              I will warn you though be ready to order when u step up to the counter. The guy is not going to wait long on you...it's part of the place. The oinion rings are out of this world.
                              Well the last time I was there several years ago.

I can't say for the BBQ king in Charlotte but the one in Lincolnton NC is good!
                              South 21 in Charlotte is awesome,as well as The BBQ King. Both are DEFINITELY worth a stop.

The Beacon is great as well! It's great to have Mr. J.C. call out your order! And yes,you better be ready when you get up there.
                              sigpic

Allen Karber

Arkadelphia,Arkansas

Comment

Working...
                              X