No announcement yet.

What happened to you on Power Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No prob man im just glad we got rolling before the storms hit lol ... it was close like by 30 mins close

Comment

The truck had no issues the whole trip. but the wife's Stang had an electric fan failure on our way in on Friday night. We made it on in to Arlington, then installed a universal fan from AutoZone to get through the week. I just hard wired it with a toggle switch under the hood. At the Chattanooga stop, we forgot to turn it off and drained the battery, so had to jump it off Friday morning. lol We did order a replacement fan motor from Jeg's and had it shipped to our hotel in Birmingham.
      "Life is tough. Life is tougher if you're stupid" - John Wayne

Comment

I remember you telling us bout that. you get it fixed in time?

Comment

Lost fuel pressure in north Louisiana on the way to Arlington. Gas Monkeys guys sent me over to their old location and a skinny guy (DeWayne) crawled under the "Beast", without jacking it up, and changed the fuel filter and flushed the tank....cost.....$0. Then in Tuscumbia Alabama the starter came apart. I don't mean from the block, the bolts that hold it together. Called for tow truck, tow truck driver saw what I was driving and recommended a guy to fix it. Towed over to that shop this "Good Old Alabama Boy" took car off lift put the "Beast " on the lift and re assembled the starter, cost $60. Power Tour......Priceless!
          Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
          The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

Mine ended before it started. Took off to join the tour last Monday at Kirby,Arkansas and go on to Little Rock. Smoke was rolling out the driver's side tailpipe,and I was pouring oil out the back of the intake. First intake leak ever. Smoke is hopefully residual crap from the cracked head putting all the antifreeze out the pipe. I was back home less than 30 minutes. I made it about 5 or 6 miles. Didn't want a smoke show or a fire hazard either. By the time I got it torn apart,fixed,and got to LR it would've been time to come home.

No time to road test bit me in the butt. You can't say what if,but I should've taken the truck to Texarkana instead of my wife's G8. I just wanted my Dad to be able to ride with us. Got bucket seats in the C10. We could've gotten it ready for Monday if we had found the problems in time.

We pulled a near miracle to make Little Rock in '08,but it didn't happen this time. I hope the Tour comes close to here again!!
            sigpic

Allen Karber

Arkadelphia,Arkansas

Comment

Originally posted by okie300c View Post
              I remember you telling us bout that. you get it fixed in time?
              I got the fan motor changed, but I never got a chance to reinstall the fan and shroud assembly. The only major issue was the car started overheating bad in Memphis. The AutoZone fan was cutting out when the fan motor got hot. I also finally checked the fluid levels the next morning and noticed the radiator was a bit low on coolant. We topped it off with water from the cooler(yes the engine was cool) and didn't have anymore issues with it.
              "Life is tough. Life is tougher if you're stupid" - John Wayne

Comment

Working...
              X