Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TRAFFIC WARNING IH40 East of LITTLE ROCK!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRAFFIC WARNING IH40 East of LITTLE ROCK!

Yes Im yelling.
    About 20 miles east of Little Rock GET OFF IH40!,plan about a 30 mile detour.
    IF you get out by 7-8am you will be slowed about 30 minutes,in the afternoon plan on AT LEAST an hour-hour and a half lost.
    The traffic lanes go to one lane and for some reason the Big Rigs run some kind of blockade where they park side by side starting about 5 miles back from the construction zone,they stop for about 15 mins,then drive about a mile SIDE BY F"N SIDE!!!! and stop again! I spent 2 HOURS in it driving west last night!

Just a little road help from an "I wish I was on Power Tourer" .

Is this going eastbound toward Memphis or where exactly?

Comment

Thanks for the info. The posted route does not go that far east of Little Rock on I-40 before hitting the countryside.
      Jim & Maureen
      There is a fine line between hobby and obsession and I think I crossed it!!
      HRPT Long Haulers 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013

Comment

Originally posted by Cyclone03 View Post
        Yes Im yelling.
        About 20 miles east of Little Rock GET OFF IH40!,plan about a 30 mile detour.
        IF you get out by 7-8am you will be slowed about 30 minutes,in the afternoon plan on AT LEAST an hour-hour and a half lost.
        The traffic lanes go to one lane and for some reason the Big Rigs run some kind of blockade where they park side by side starting about 5 miles back from the construction zone,they stop for about 15 mins,then drive about a mile SIDE BY F"N SIDE!!!! and stop again! I spent 2 HOURS in it driving west last night!

Just a little road help from an "I wish I was on Power Tourer" .
        there is a reason we drive our big rigs side by side. It keeps the fools fromrushing up to the lane that is closed. They are the ones that screw it up not us. If everyone would move over when the sign said to there would be no problem.
        Grizzly Adams is my hero.

Comment

I-40 is bad in all directions! I'm glad the tour mostly steers clear of interstates becuase they bore me to death! Traffic even backs up on US 70 which runs parallel to the interstate. It used to be a good I-40 alternative
          sigpic

Allen Karber

Arkadelphia,Arkansas

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony View Post
            there is a reason we drive our big rigs side by side. It keeps the fools fromrushing up to the lane that is closed. They are the ones that screw it up not us. If everyone would move over when the sign said to there would be no problem.
            BS! Not Bang Shift.
            Every body moved to the left 5 miles before the merge area,and STOPPED including me,after 20 minutes I headed for the right lane and drove 2 miles before it too stopped.
            When "you guys" are 6 to a pack 2by2 while rolling for 1 mile then stopping for a clocked 5 mins,then repeating YOUR BLOCKING THE ROAD! when we got to the one lane section the cars and trucks where at least 1/4mile apart at the posted 45mph.
            The next day we hit a merge to one lane section in TX and except for the speed limit change it wasn't even noticable.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony View Post
              I agree Anthony..... It pisses me off when people do it..... Car or truck.....

Ed & Jane Tampa, FL
              1966 Plymouth Fury III
              2014 Dodge Ram 1500
              Long Hauler - 2009,2010,2012,2013,2014
              Cocoa Beach & Valdosta - 2011

Comment

Working...
              X