Thanks to the Freaks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks to the Freaks!

I've heard from a LOT of people that you couldn't swing a dead cat at Power Tour without hitting someone flying the CarJunkieTV colors. Thanks a lot for the PR!

Re: Thanks to the Freaks!

No THANK YOU DF it was great being able to just walk up to a junkie with the official junkie T's on
    grasping the orange CJTV coolie it was like finding a lost friend in a sea of people. I just walked up said
    "Hello Freak " and a new friend was found.
    Thanks again

Comment

Yes, the shirts were a great idea for finding each other. If mine don't find themselves used as "work on the truck" shirts I just might wear them next year.

Comment

Originally posted by YellowLightning
        I just might wear them next year.
        Aren't we going to have another design contest, get some new colors with the 2009 Tour logo's on 'em ??

Comment

The shirts were a great way to meet people. When I saw a shirt wearer in Little Rock I'd just ask them "Who are you?" and find another Freak who I have 'talked' with for months. Yes, the shirts were everywhere! ;D
          John

Long Haul 2006, '07, '08, '11 Somerset & Bristol '09; Chattanooga '10; Birmingham & Chattanooga '13

Comment

Originally posted by White Monster
            Aren't we going to have another design contest, get some new colors with the 2009 Tour logo's on 'em ??
            Why not?!

Comment

Originally posted by Freiburger
              I've heard from a LOT of people that you couldn't swing a dead cat at Power Tour without hitting someone flying the CarJunkieTV colors. Thanks a lot for the PR!

Hey, even though I couldn't make the tour, I've been wearing my FF shirts to local events, like the Route 66 Nats and bars and cruise nights. Figured it couldn't hurt, plus the shirts are way cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Freiburger
                Why not?!
                Cool, then I can get some for next year. I missed out this year but it was my own fault.
                I R Bob
                You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Plum Crazy
                  Lime Green
                  Aqua
                  Fusia

.. with the CJTV logo bigger in the middle of the front !!!

Comment

Plum Crazy
                    Lime Green
                    Aqua
                    Fusia

Wow, those are some loud colors. I'm going to say no though on the "fusia" which is just a fancy word for a brighter shade of PINK.
                    "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by crankshaft
                      No THANK YOU DF it was great being able to just walk up to a junkie with the official junkie T's on
                      grasping the orange CJTV coolie it was like finding a lost friend in a sea of people. I just walked up said
                      "Hello Freak " and a new friend was found.
                      Thanks again
                      Dave, just to echo Lori (Mrs Crankshart) - those shirts made the tour so much easier. Despite this being my first long haul and my wingman leaving early Monday AM, I never felt that I was flying solo. The shirts seemed to communicate to the other junkies "he's one of us" and I was treated accordingly.
                      a.k.a. - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

Hey Dave:

The shirts were great. Had lots of fun teasing Bruce (Miller - publisher of HR). Had lots of fun with fellow freaks and at the fish fry in Springfield at the Leaf!

By the way, Drew Hardin says hi (editor of Muscle Car Review, former editor of HR). He cant believe how the Power Tour has changed since he helped start it so many years ago.

My kids are wearing the forum freaks shirts up in central Ontario camp grounds for the whole summer. Will have a whole bunch of Canadian kids talking about the Forum Freaks by the end of the summer - hope to turn them into hot rodders too.

Comment

Loved the shirt idea. I will be wearing them at car shows when I go. Also the stickers were a great idea. You could spot the freaks on the rode too. :D
                          It's not the destination, but the journey and the friends you make along the way that counts.

Comment

I was only in Little Rock and Springfield but enjoyed being able to go up and meet the fellow freeks. Looking forward to 2009.
                            Hard Work Guarantees Nothing - Lack of it Does!

Drew Gerth - Newburgh, IN

Comment

Plum Crazy
                              Lime Green
                              Aqua
                              Fusia

Steve, aren't a couple of those colors going to be on the new Challenger?

Cheaps 8)

Comment

Working...
                              X