Official 'Unofficial' HRPT 2014 Countdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 64casteel View Post
    I know the power tour is usually the first full week in June. So help me on this, does it officially start on Saturday? If then would it start on the 1st or the 8th? So 355 or 362. If its Friday then it would be 361.
    As I understand it, it is the first full week starting with a Saturday. This makes the start June 7th.
    Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
    74 Nova Project
    66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
    79 Chevy Truck Project
    1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

Originally posted by 64casteel View Post
      Ed, we past you guys right outside of Knoxville, Tennessee. We were headed to Pigeon Forge. It was good to see a glimpse of old Earl on the highway!
      361A...
      Dang Evan, wish we could have stopped and visited for awhile........didn't see you.
      Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
      HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Excuse my inability to figure out which year we are going on. Yes, it will be the 7th.
        and Ed we were in our motorhome running about 75 and just didnt think about calling you guys. We saw Earl and was like there goes Ed.
        The youngest guy on the board
        76 vega
        86 fiero

Comment

361...This is going to be a llloooooonnnnngggg countdown.

Comment

361 Hope to long haul next year. Had a great time for a few stops this year. It was good to see some of you.
            OH YEAH
            Long haul 07. 08. 10, 11, and 13. Looking forward to 2014

Comment

361 to go.

Back to work this morning. But on the bright side I put in my request for vacation for June 5-13, 2014. So the bosses have already been informed and it was emailed with me saving a copy. When you work in a small shop they only allow one person on vacation at a time so you have to get the request in early. Already started the 2014 Power Tour piggy bank. Not to be broken until June 2014.
              1964 Chevelle
              Power Tour 2004-2008, 2013, 2015-2016, 2018
              LH 2005-2008, 2015-2016, 2018

Comment

Next tour WILL be in a car with overdrive. .
                Powertour off/on since 2002
                sigpic

Comment

361......and counting.

I also had to get back to work today. It was really depressing.

This was my first long haul. I now know that even with the drawer liner stuff in the bed, a wheeled cooler isn't a great idea. Every time I spun the tires or gunned the throttle, that stupid thing slid all over the bed. HAHA I'll have another plan for '14!! I also went WAY over budget on gas. Oh, well. I'll play catch up for a couple months, then start saving for next year!!
                  "Life is tough. Life is tougher if you're stupid" - John Wayne

Comment

361...Happy Belated Birthday Patrick

We are home and waiting on next year already. We had a great time seeing lots of the freaks in the hotels and/or on the road. A couple great parties thrown in and it was an awesome tour.
                    FKA Redragtop
                    (formerly known as)

Comment

361. Got home today and back to work Wed.
                      Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

361 Passed some BS'ers the first day out & got passed by a few as we headed home. We ran across Tennessee & made it to Paducah for Saturday night. And ran smack dab into the Superman "convention" across the river in Metropolis, Illinois. Superman conventions = almost no hotel rooms. And lots of oddly attired people at breakfast the next morning. Including a guy with a polo shirt with the big "S" emblem on it. Laura figured he must be driving a Corvette & I wanted to ask him to fly around the room a couple of times. You know, just to prove he was really Superman. We hit a wall of water the next day when we got to St. Louis. Ran out of it for a bit but kept going in & out of it all the way across Hwy. 36 in northern Missouri. Made it home around 10:00 Sunday night. Had a great time as usual & got to meet a few more people.
                        ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

hope the rain stops soon
                          almost arc building time
                          2007 Power Tour Long Haul
                          2008 Power Tour Long Haul
                          2009 Canadian Points East Tour
                          2009 Power Tour Michigan Stop
                          2011 Power Tour Muskegeon & Detroit Stops
                          2012 Power Tour Long Haul
                          2012 Northeast Rod Run
                          2013 Northeast Rod Run

Comment

Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                            HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

2014 Hot Rod Power Tour
                              Saturday, June 7 - Concord, NC
                              Sunday, June 8 - Charleston, WV
                              Friday, June 13 - Wisconsin Dells, WI

Comment

360 time to get started on next years car.

Comment

Working...
                                X