• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
    If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

362 to go.

Not ready to go back to work tomorrow. Bet they will be real "happy" when I go in and ask for 7 days next year. They weren't that happy when I wanted all week off this year.
      1964 Chevelle
      Power Tour 2004-2008, 2013, 2015-2016, 2018
      LH 2005-2008, 2015-2016, 2018

Comment

Just mapped the end location. It's no further away from Blythewood, SC than Arlington. I don't see why I can't go on the long haul next year as well.
        HRPT Long Haul 2013, 2014

Comment

Originally posted by 57plymouth View Post
          Just mapped the end location. It's no further away from Blythewood, SC than Arlington. I don't see why I can't go on the long haul next year as well.
          Welcome to the Party!! Enjoy
          Patrick & Tammy
          - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

362 FYI, make sure to book rooms in the Dells early as that is peak season and they will fill fast & be at premium rates. Looking forward to making a few stops minimum.
            Hauling ass & sucking gas are the best uses for a truck.

Comment

362A Happy Birthday Patrick. Welcome to the beginning of senior citizenship!!!!

Bucky, If you had water in your oil you need to tear the entire engine down. Two reasons; One you have to remove all of the contaminated oil and Two because you have to check your rings and cylinder walls for damage. Water or anti-freeze is not a primary metal on metal lubricant for internal combustion engines

Ed & Mary and Phil ran with us and Norb and Terry yesterday and today as far as Paducah. We made it home early this afternoon. The car is cleaned, detailed and put away. The laundry is done and I am sitting here with a cold glass of wine in my hand thinking about the great time we will have again next year. We miss all of our friends already. Safe travels everyone!!!
              Last edited by 69SS 350 5 Speed; June 9, 2013, 04:06 PM.
              Jim & Maureen
              There is a fine line between hobby and obsession and I think I crossed it!!
              HRPT Long Haulers 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013

Comment

I'm excited about Wisconsin, number one I've never been to that part of the country so it will go well on my 50 states bucket list goal. Plus just a quick mapquest makes for some interesting route stops, Charleston, WV, Indy, Chicago, maybe Cincinnati, Milwaukee?
                2013- Murphy, NC Road Side Fan Between Chattanooga & Charlotte 2014- Charlotte-Knoxville-Charleston: 2013 Ford Mustang GT

Comment

362B.... Jim, I had plans to tear the engine down no matter what. I have to much $$$ invested in my heads & valve train system, not to mention my forged bottom end. No matter what, I'm replacing all my bearings & the piston rings.

When it comes to Jade, I don't cut corners or take any chances....
                  sigpic

"People Sleep Peacefully in their beds at Night Because Rough Men Stand Ready to do violence on their Behalf."
                  - George Orwell

Comment

1st Long Haul
                    Bucket list updated
                    Wow- what a great time the wife and I had! A big part of it was the new friends we made along the way. We are already planning for next year and I'm feeling the time crunch to get my project car finished.

Comment

Jeff and I made it home today after a quick run on the "tail of the dragon". Really fun drive. Made it early to avoid the crowds and still some bikers were already done and getting ready for another run. We really enjoyed meeting the Bangshift gang. Thanks especially to Ed and Mary for the helpful Power tour hints for the newbies :-). Looking forward to next year already.

Comment

362...look for us to be back in 2014. probably not long haul but still.

Comment

362. Not even home yet but already planning for next year.
                          Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

362A...
                            Happy Birthday Patrick!

Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                            HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

ONLY 362? days to go...We hit the Tail Of The Dragon on the way home and we made it to Dallas/Ft.Worth area after two days. We still have 2 days to get home and another day to do laundry..But we loved every minute of it and seeing all of our friends again. We missed a few but we know that we will see you all again..
                              I just love my Hot Rods.

Long Hauled 2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2013. Loved every minute of it.

Comment

361??
                                2007 Power Tour Long Haul
                                2008 Power Tour Long Haul
                                2009 Canadian Points East Tour
                                2009 Power Tour Michigan Stop
                                2011 Power Tour Muskegeon & Detroit Stops
                                2012 Power Tour Long Haul
                                2012 Northeast Rod Run
                                2013 Northeast Rod Run

Comment

Working...