Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

he definitely deserved it too!
    Patrick & Tammy
    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Glad to hear you're sticking with the '57 Bernie! We drove our late model one year and it was a very different experience.
      Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dave View Post
        At least you didn't run out of gas.......or did you?
        There was at least one gas incident along the way. It involved gas running/shooting out of the filler neck. Does that count??

Glad the Bernies made the trip . You guys earned the award the hard way. At least one incident daily and sometimes multiple issues on the same day . I thought we were going to have to start a pool on what was going to happen each day
        FKA Redragtop
        (formerly known as)

Comment

but one thing you guysoughta know by now I don't quit and nope didn't run out of gas and Bucky I am going to look into that Tremec transmission but the bad thing is I gave up the duct tape and wire and see what happens I broke every day I should have brought the coat hanger and duct tape with me if you can have fun why do it but next year I've already talked to miss Mary I have to keep telling myself that I'm not going to break nothing let's see if that works

Comment

Originally posted by moparjim71 View Post
            Glad to hear you're sticking with the '57 Bernie! We drove our late model one year and it was a very different experience.
            Missed you this year Jim - but in Birmingham I ran up to a dark blue Dodge pickup - camera ready - but it had Louisiana plates. Guy thought I was crazier than a pet coon.
            Phil / Omaha

Comment

Originally posted by bishir View Post
              It made it farther than I would have guessed once I saw how much oil it was burning whe y'all passed me.
              We spent an hour or so getting "residual Bernie" off of our windshield.......But am glad that he "continued to persevere" (chief Dan George to Josey Wales). The boy ain't a quitter!
              Maybe I can clear this up.....I thought the cop was a prostitute.

Comment

Hey Bernie, I have to give you credit you don't give up!!! You my friend are a true LONG HAULER!!!! But if you go with the 5 speed make sure you get a few extra driveshafts. I can see them getting broke up already. Let's not wait till Feb to start on the car this year.

Comment

you got it Chris I'm just going to have to find a way to strap an extra drive shaft underneath it somewhere

Comment

just got off the phone checking the price on that Tremec TKO $5,067 now that should come with dinner and a movie

Comment

Originally posted by classicbern1 View Post
                      just got off the phone checking the price on that Tremec TKO $5,067 now that should come with dinner and a movie
                      Got mine from Standard Transmission and Gear out of Texas for less than 2200.00 dollars. TKO 600 5 speed
                      Last edited by BLUE STREAK; June 12, 2013, 01:21 PM.
                      PT 2006-2008-2009-2010-2011-2014-2015
                      1970 EL CAMINO

Comment

damn that's a lot cheaper and its the same transmission the 600 5 speed because the six-speed is too big I have to rework my tunnel and it would be about 1200 dollars more

Comment

Mine is a Keisler.....about $2300.
                          Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                          HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Bernie, you're estimate from American Powertrain, was that just for the transmission itself or the entire kit?! $2200-$2300 sound about right for just the TKO, but once you add the driveshaft, cross member, bellhousing, pressure plate, flywheel, clutch, clutch set-up, pedals, shifter, speed-o-meter cable, and reverse harness, it'll add up to $4,000-$5,000!!

And you don't have to go with a hydraulic set up, as you can stay mechanical. Hydraulic is about a $700 option, give or take.... But man is it easier on the leg!!

Ed, the one bad thing about Keisler now, they are no longer an authorized dealer for Tremec. They are making their own 5-speeds in house, and of last year, they were having a lot of issues with them.

So, when people start to chime in on Transmission prices, you need to know if you got the basic TKO, which comes with nothing to include no bellhousing, or if you're pricing the entire kit. Huge difference......

My two cents
                            sigpic

"People Sleep Peacefully in their beds at Night Because Rough Men Stand Ready to do violence on their Behalf."
                            - George Orwell

Comment

Mine is a M20 Muncie 4sp that I just had made like new for $600
                              Maybe I can clear this up.....I thought the cop was a prostitute.

Comment

Originally posted by 173rdherd View Post
                                Mine is a M20 Muncie 4sp that I just had made like new for $600
                                I would Love a Muncie, but the 4th gear is still a 1:1 ratio... That does me no good for cruising RPM's.... lol
                                My Tremec TKO600 is a .64:1 for the 5th gear. I need all the help I can get with reduction of RPM's for Jade's Big Block.
                                sigpic

"People Sleep Peacefully in their beds at Night Because Rough Men Stand Ready to do violence on their Behalf."
                                - George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                                X