Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your Best Guess for 2014 HRPT stops............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Best Guess for 2014 HRPT stops............

I know its early but I found this news story from Michigan.......so let the speculating guessing begin.......

One of the lead local organizers for the event challenged more private businesses, such as the gas companies and the downtown businesses, to help financially support festivals and events like the Hot Rod Power Tour that help draw in customers.
    That steely eyed look I had behind the wheel was me trying see..........

Indy, Chicago, Charleston, WV, maybe Cincinnati
    2013- Murphy, NC Road Side Fan Between Chattanooga & Charlotte 2014- Charlotte-Knoxville-Charleston: 2013 Ford Mustang GT

Comment

And I think its pretty much confirmed in another thread it will end in Wisconsin Dells, WI
      2013- Murphy, NC Road Side Fan Between Chattanooga & Charlotte 2014- Charlotte-Knoxville-Charleston: 2013 Ford Mustang GT

Comment

From our Editor-in-Chief himself ... So you only need to fill in the blanks between these two.

David Freiburger
        10 hours ago on FaceBook

Finally back from Power Tour. What a week!
        Next year, Concord NC to Wisconsin Dells.

Comment

Kewl.............

Comment

Doesn't matter what the stops are, I'm going anyway
            Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
            The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

Originally posted by 383S-10 View Post
              I know its early but I found this news story from Michigan.......so let the speculating guessing begin.......

http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/i..._tour_pai.html
              I cant see muskegon next year as that either means the ferry which is stupid money or running through the UP and greenbay and i cant see that either after the fiasco

Comment

I believe they're trying for 2015...........

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dave View Post
                  Doesn't matter what the stops are, I'm going anyway
                  That's what I'm talking about! Concord is three hours from the house, so that's no biggie for me. After that I'm just game to follow the big line of cars! Wherever the lead driver wants to go is cool with me!!

Comment

Muskegon had to take a loan from another city fund to pay off family events off for the last power tour...big financial fiasco...they said something about no more big events for a while.. http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/i...bt_has_mu.html

There should be a chicago stop..hasn't been one in a while...maybe joliet at the speedway or strip, or Arlington at the Horse Track, unless they really want to screw things up and do one downtown at like Soilder Field or something.

I liked Dayton back in 09 that venue worked out good...

Maybe South Bed also?
                    or
                    INDY at Orileys or IMS (but not a track lap again)?

Did they announce anything at the long hauler meeting on Saturday how long it would be for the stops to be announced like they did last year when they were 3 weeks after tour?
                    Long Hauler 2009, 10, 11, 12, 15 3 of 7 in 2013 5 of 8 in 2014 1988 Pontiac Fiero GT

Comment

What about Concord to Minneapolis?
                      1-Charlotte, NC
                      2-Atlanta, GA. Maybe Road Atlanta?
                      3-Nashville, TN.
                      4-St.Louis, Missouri.
                      5-Kansas City, Kansas.
                      6-Des Moines, Iowa.
                      7-Minneapolis Minnesota.
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	hrpt14 copy.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	41.8 KB
ID:	870529
                      Last edited by 64casteel; June 10, 2013, 02:03 PM.
                      The youngest guy on the board
                      76 vega
                      86 fiero

Comment

On Friday during the giveway thing at the end of the day they not only announced Concord to Wisconsin Dells, they also said Charleston, WV stop contract was done and in ink. They said the mayor is a car guy and they were going to close the main 4 lane road through town for Power Tour.

I can't see how there could be a stop between Concord and Charleston. So you just have the 4 stops between Charleston and that crappy place in Wisconsin to figure out. 6 years of driving from Detroit to Minneapolis for the Car Craft Summer Nats have made me grow to despise the Wisconsin Dells and the traffic it attracts to otherwise BFE Wisconsin.
                        1968 Torino - DOHC 4.6L/T56 swap project
                        2011 CTS-V Wagon - TR-6060 equipped

Comment

Charlotte, NC
                          Charleston, WV
                          Dayton, OH
                          South Bend IN
                          Peoria IL
                          Cedar Rapids IA
                          Wisconsin Dells WI
                          Last edited by 383S-10; June 10, 2013, 02:33 PM.

Comment

Have we seen a confirmed date for next year? Is Day 1 going to be May 31st or June 7th?

Looking at the map I say a stop each in OH, IN, IL (Can you say lunch stop at Mid-America?) then IA.
                            GM G-bodies, because I can't afford a 69 Camaro.

Comment

I heard Charlotte, Knoxville TN and then Charleston WV on June 10th.
                              http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/...pssichgwqu.jpg

Comment

Working...
                              X