Veterans Poster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Veterans Poster

I have finally located and purchased another of Tom Gallo's "the Veteran". I am going to take it to Hobby Lobby as soon as I get it to price out a double matted frame with non glare glass to take to the facility that we visited in Dallas. I want to get a brass plate inscribed "Donated by Bangshifters of HotRod PowerTour 2013". I will post the cost of the framing if anyone wishes to help out, and will hand deliver on my next venture north.
    Maybe I can clear this up.....I thought the cop was a prostitute.

That sounds great, I'll pitch in Mike
    Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
    The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

Me too, just let me know when, where, and how much.
      Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
      HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Me too.
        I R Bob
        You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
        2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

I'll pitch in as well.
          1993 Black F150 Lightning (Street Cruiser)
          1993 Yellow F150 Lightning (Bracket Race Toy)
          2012 6.2L F150 (Tow Pig/DD)
          (AKA YellowLightning)

Comment

Hey, fellas. Just an FYI. I work at a custom picture frame shop that my parents' have owned/operated since 1982. Our business name is Smoky Mtn Memories. We would be happy to frame anyone's memorable photos, certificates, plaques, etc.

I'll check and see if I can offer a 10% discount to BS members, but our prices are usually much better than Hobby Lobby, and we only carry high quality frame mouldings, as well as, our own line of moulding made in house from red oak and poplar wood. We also carry a full array of quality matboard. We can also have brass tags and plaques made for a reasonable price.

Contact us at 865-453-3196. My name is Matt, but ask for Mary Margaret, Sharon, or Paula for pricing.

Hours of operation are 8:30-5:30 M-F and 9:00-1:00 Sat EST
            We don't have a website yet, in case you're wondering. We can do business through email, though. Business email is [email protected]
            Last edited by Slick68; June 12, 2013, 03:46 AM.
            "Life is tough. Life is tougher if you're stupid" - John Wayne

Comment

Finally got litho and will try and price suitable framing this week.

Comment

Thanks Mike!!! Let us know about the $$$.

Linda

Comment

Count me in also Mike. You're a Good Man for doing this. It was and is an emotional time when we go to these hospitals and the small favor we pay back to the men and women who have given so much for our Freedom. Here's hoping Matt of Smoky Mountain can do the Veterans a good deal. This frame is not for one of US. It is for the Veteran's Hospital that we had the car show for the day before the Power Tour started. We do this every year, thanks to Linda Chandler. If we were doing something for ourselves, yeah an 10% would be sweet. But help us out here, it's for the people who have helped to preserve ours and your Freedom..

Just sayin' and throwing in my 2 cents..
                  I just love my Hot Rods.

Long Hauled 2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2013. Loved every minute of it.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Veterans.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	81.7 KB
ID:	871259Took it to Hobby Lobby....sorry Matt, shipping back and forth and all just seemed too much. Nice frame, dbl mats thin green camo w/ wide sand camo, black frame, conservation clear glass, brass tag says
                    Donated By
                    Bangshifters
                    Power Tour 2013
                    $170.00 tax title and license out the door and I am donating the Litho itself and the delivery.
                    Linda if you would help with your contact peoples info it would be greatly appreciated. will post pics when I pick it up around the 2nd of August.
                    anyone that wants to help can paypal me or make other arrangements

have to add....this does not happen without Linda Chandler, our Veterans Sweetheart and Co-ordinator Extraordinaire......Thanks so much for all you do, and the effort you made just to show!
                    Last edited by 173rdherd; July 19, 2013, 11:47 AM. Reason: Kudos to Cheaps

Comment

Check is in the mail Mike, and thanks for doing this..
                      I just love my Hot Rods.

Long Hauled 2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2013. Loved every minute of it.

Comment

It is ready to be picked up........
                        Thank You
                        Rett
                        Allen
                        Anna/Blake

Who's Next?
                        Last edited by 173rdherd; August 8, 2013, 04:58 AM.

Comment

Bump

Comment

Originally posted by 173rdherd View Post
                            It is ready to be picked up........
                            Thank You
                            Rhett
                            Allen
                            Anna/Blake

Who's Next?
                            And as of late known as "The Two". Get it? Get it? Huh, huh?

Mike, I keep forgetting to ask Laura if we have your address so just PM it to me & I will send you a check.
                            ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

Originally posted by 67 Malibu View Post
                              Mike, I keep forgetting to ask Laura if we have your address so just PM it to me & I will send you a check.
                              Yeah Mike...I keep forgetting to ask Laura also, so I thought I would get your address off the package you are sending, but if you PM it to me I will have it sooner and can send you something sooner.
                              FKA Redragtop
                              (formerly known as)

Comment

Working...
                              X