X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PTeazer View Post
    hey nice car is that an old MOPAR oh wait it's an old ford
    Hi Dave, welcome to the forum.

BTW, I have plenty of pictures of you BEHIND a Ford. What was wrong? Could not pass me????

Comment

Smallblock,

The fact that the Hilton went up $55 for that night may not mean that they 'know something', it may just be that they are responding to a large number of BS'ers reserving rooms for that night. Also, they may have wondered what was going on and asked some of the people that called their hotel, or searched the internet to see what was going on. That's just my opinion, I have no idea how some of these hotels figure it out and start raising prices.

From what George and PT said, I'm surprised that I was able to book for $85 and that the rate is STILL at $85 or $75 if you pay inadvance(with no refund, if you don't show).

Comment

Originally posted by htrdharley View Post

BTW, I have plenty of pictures of you BEHIND a Ford. What was wrong? Could not pass me????
        Speaking of Ford's - here's a sweet one.

Phil / Omaha

Comment

Originally posted by 99SS&92Z28 View Post
          Smallblock,

The fact that the Hilton went up $55 for that night may not mean that they 'know something', it may just be that they are responding to a large number of BS'ers reserving rooms for that night. Also, they may have wondered what was going on and asked some of the people that called their hotel, or searched the internet to see what was going on. That's just my opinion, I have no idea how some of these hotels figure it out and start raising prices.

From what George and PT said, I'm surprised that I was able to book for $85 and that the rate is STILL at $85 or $75 if you pay inadvance(with no refund, if you don't show).
          They know what is going on that night. Hot Rod announced it and the Wisconsin Dells Convention Bureau announced yesterday that the Chula Vista Resort was the venue. You did get a great rate.

HRPT 2000, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2009, 2011, Long Haul 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017,2018

68 Camaro S/S convertible, 69 Camaro Coupe

Comment

I would have passed but Terry was in front of you and and i just got the front of my car cleaned from the last time i was behind Terry

Comment

Originally posted by smalblock View Post
              They know what is going on that night. Hot Rod announced it and the Wisconsin Dells Convention Bureau announced yesterday that the Chula Vista Resort was the venue. You did get a great rate.
              I called over today, $200 was the cheapest room.

Comment

I called over today, $200 was the cheapest room.
                Looks like I will be punching my credentials and leaving town as it is HIGHLY unlikely that I will pay $200 to get a sign with incorrect information on it!

Comment

There are rooms in Portage and Baraboo and Lido within 20 miles.
                  Phil / Omaha

Comment

Baymont Inn in Wisconsin Dells, rooms with AAA are 71.00 for a queen bed and 80.00 for two queen beds. I think it was 79.00 and 89.00 without AAA. I just reserved there. They have advance purchase rates also which were cheaper so make sure you don't choose those unless you want to. Is 4-5 miles away from Chula Vista Resort. Much cheaper then the HIE and this place has breakfast also. I have been looking at some of the non brand places but most won't take reservations now for next year, prices they were giving me as an estimate are between 80-100 a night and they all have cancellation fees if you cancel. Some want payment in full when you make your reservation.
                    Donna
                    Williamston, MI
                    Long Haul 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 2012,2013,2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021

Comment

I'm finding most places want payment up front too......on a sidenote....I still think we will go through Bristol, TN on our way to Charleston. Most of us stayed at the Holiday Inn there on the hilltop with a pretty good rate back in 09.........well, their rate for 8) 8)8) is $159 already for the night of June 8......... Maybe a clue......
                      Last edited by oletrux4evr; June 29, 2013, 02:26 AM.
                      Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                      HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

So I just attempted to make a reservation for the Quality Inn in Mooresville for 3 nights and they wanted $269 a night PLUS taxes ~$900 for 3 nights. I am wondering (I know that is supposed to be another thread) if this is the year that will finally break my powertour attendance record.

Comment

Dells area would be a good place to try to find cabins or a resort on a lake........ As much as I like Hot Rod Power Tour, I'm beginning to dislike Hot Rod Greedy Tour.......
                          200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
                          Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
                            So I just attempted to make a reservation for the Quality Inn in Mooresville for 3 nights and they wanted $269 a night PLUS taxes ~$900 for 3 nights. I am wondering (I know that is supposed to be another thread) if this is the year that will finally break my powertour attendance record.

Allen, I talked to Tonya at The Fairfield Inn, 704-663-6100. 2 Queens for $115 per night, or 1 king $120. She will discount $10-20 per night if 8 or more rooms are booked under a group rate. I am waiting on call backs from sales managers of some other hotels. It might be next week before I hear back. There are huge Bassmasters fishing events on the lake several times a year, I am guessing that could be the high rate you were qouted.

I booked at:

Holiday Inn WISCONSIN DELLS
                            1033 WISCONSIN DELLS PARKWAY SOUTH
                            WISCONSIN DELLS, WI 53913
                            Front Desk: 1-608-2533000

Used HI points
                            Last edited by htrdharley; June 29, 2013, 07:42 AM.

Comment

This shit just plain sucks!!!!
                              sigpic

"People Sleep Peacefully in their beds at Night Because Rough Men Stand Ready to do violence on their Behalf."
                              - George Orwell

Comment

We have a room at the Sleep Inn & Suites in Concord for Sat. night June 7 for $80.10 (Sr. rate) which is $9.00 less that this year. Our room in Baraboo, WI is $84.60 (Sr. rate).

HRPT 2000, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2009, 2011, Long Haul 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017,2018

68 Camaro S/S convertible, 69 Camaro Coupe

Comment

Working...
                                X