"Official" 2014 Hotel Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Official" 2014 Hotel Thread

I just made reservations for Hilton Garden Inn, 7831 Gateway Lane, Concord. I went ahead and booked two rooms, just in case someone needs one, at the Government Rate of $95.00.

According to Google Maps, it's right next to the HIE. I figured it's better to reserve early, before Family Events blocks the rooms and/or the rates sky rocket.
    sigpic

"People Sleep Peacefully in their beds at Night Because Rough Men Stand Ready to do violence on their Behalf."
    - George Orwell

end of may 1st week of june right ? i got a reservation for the same hotel we stayed at this year. may 30th & 31st checking out june 1st.
    Last edited by wolf66; June 19, 2013, 08:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by wolf66 View Post
      1st week of june right ?
      First Saturday in June - 7th thru 14th (I believe)

Comment

ok i can change it. thanks

Comment

Good call I need to make mine! All those motels on Gateway lane are awesome I stay there all the time when I'm in town for my Mustang club's events. Plus there is a Texas Roadhouse, Quaker Steak and Lube, and Hooters all with in walking distance too and stumbling distance back from.

What dates would I need to book? Friday and Saturday night?
          2013- Murphy, NC Road Side Fan Between Chattanooga & Charlotte 2014- Charlotte-Knoxville-Charleston: 2013 Ford Mustang GT

Comment

I booked for Friday and Saturday; June 6th and 7th. We'll be leaving on Sunday morning heading to the next venue. I believe cstmwgn is correct, the start date is Saturday, the 7th.
            sigpic

"People Sleep Peacefully in their beds at Night Because Rough Men Stand Ready to do violence on their Behalf."
            - George Orwell

Comment

Thanks for starting this thread, does anyone have any insight on Wisconsin Dells?
              nom de guerre - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

I booked the Hilton Garden in Wisconsin Dells for $134 a night. When I looked at my email confirmation, I noticed it was for Sat. night. When I called back to change it to Friday night, the rate went up to $188. So I will NOT be staying at the Hilton Garden.

HRPT 2000, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2009, 2011, Long Haul 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017,2018

68 Camaro S/S convertible, 69 Camaro Coupe

Comment

Might jump to the Hampton Inn in Concord, Holiday Inn raised their prices quite a bit for next year. Haven't stayed at a Hampton in awhile but they used to be good places. It's pretty close to the Holiday Inn.
                  Donna
                  Williamston, MI
                  Long Haul 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 2012,2013,2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021

Comment

Originally posted by redragtop View Post
                    Might jump to the Hampton Inn in Concord, Holiday Inn raised their prices quite a bit for next year. Haven't stayed at a Hampton in awhile but they used to be good places. It's pretty close to the Holiday Inn.
                    I am thinking of booking drunk tanks this year - just might be cheaper than the HIEs!

Comment

We can hold the shower for you in the morning Allen! Your on your own for bail
                      Donna
                      Williamston, MI
                      Long Haul 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 2012,2013,2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021

Comment

We stayed at the HIE in Kannapolis this year and it was only $85, pretty close to the track too.
                        Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

So far I' am booked the Comfort Suites in Concord right next door to the HIE we stayed at this year. As of now we saved about $80.00 a night. We are staying there in a few weeks for another event in concord area and the girl told us to talk to the manger and maybe if we booked enough rooms they might take a little more off the rate. Would any one be interested in a possible group rate. Let me know

Comment

Mike, what was the rate you got at Hampton Inn?! When I checked Government Rate, it was the same as Hilton- $95.... Just curious.
                            sigpic

- George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by novadriver View Post
                              So far I' am booked the Comfort Suites in Concord right next door to the HIE we stayed at this year. As of now we saved about $80.00 a night. We are staying there in a few weeks for another event in concord area and the girl told us to talk to the manger and maybe if we booked enough rooms they might take a little more off the rate. Would any one be interested in a possible group rate. Let me know
                              We looked at that place and they showed no rooms available for the dates we need. Don't know if they are full already or still too far out to book online. The pricing they show for an earlier date is still pretty high.

Did you call or book online Chris?

A group rate would be great if they make it attractive enough

Originally posted by Bucky67 View Post
                              Mike, what was the rate you got at Hampton Inn?! When I checked Government Rate, it was the same as Hilton- $95.... Just curious.
                              We got a rate of $63 at the Hampton and it sits at the corner of Bruten Smith and Weddington

I assume those rooms at that rate will go fast
                              FKA Redragtop
                              (formerly known as)

Comment

Working...
                              X