Always check your bank accounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Always check your bank accounts

In this day and age of credit cards and debit cards we have to be diligent in keeping a daily check on our accounts. My bank account ( debit card ) was just hit for about $700 to wallmart.com and it wasn't me. Luckily I try to watch my spending when I'm away from home and caught it before it had cleared my account completely so I'm in the clear but had to cancel my card. Our hobby is very vulnerable because were always ordering special parts and RESERVING ROOMS our information is out there. So everyone be vigilant and keep a check on your finances. I got lucky I had just deposited a large amount into my account and luckily I still have it !
    Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
    If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Perry I was just borrowing a few bucks.......
    Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
    The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dave View Post
      Perry I was just borrowing a few bucks.......
      Well whatever you ordered from wallmart goes in the lakehouse!
      Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
      If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

We were hit right before the tour. Also used at Wal Mart. The bank credited us but this costs us all something.
        Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

Anytime you have to swipe a card more than once for a single purchase there is a chance you'll be jacked. I had two cards jacked in two months at two different national chain stores. First one got me for $50 but I caught the second one early.
          http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

Originally posted by corvettedad View Post
            In this day and age of credit cards and debit cards we have to be diligent in keeping a daily check on our accounts.
            Always a good idea...Thanks for the reminder

I hope Dave had the item(s) sent to the lakehouse
            FKA Redragtop
            (formerly known as)

Comment

FWIW - everytime I have used an Amex card in Walmart, the swipe machina request my zip code - after reading this post I no longer think it is a pain in the derrière
              nom de guerre - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

Sorry Perry, I needed a few groceries
                HRPT 12 Miami and Stillwater, OK, 13 Arlington to Memphis, 14/15 Vetoed by Wife, 16 Long Haul, 17/18/19 motor fiasco

Comment

Originally posted by >>>>head View Post
                  FWIW - everytime I have used an Amex card in Walmart, the swipe machina request my zip code - after reading this post I no longer think it is a pain in the derrière
                  My debit card does that anytime I'm out of town. It is nice to see some kind of security measure taken.
                  http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

The zip code is for marketing information data collection.
                    Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

Originally posted by moparjim71 View Post
                      The zip code is for marketing information data collection.
                      I have heard that both ways. We used one card for everything on the tour this year & everytime that I gassed up it asked for a zip code. Nowhere but the gas stations (at the pump) did.
                      ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

Originally posted by 67 Malibu View Post
                        I have heard that both ways. We used one card for everything on the tour this year & everytime that I gassed up it asked for a zip code. Nowhere but the gas stations (at the pump) did.
                        right, at the pump it is used for verification
                        Maybe I can clear this up.....I thought the cop was a prostitute.

Comment

On this subject, during Power Tour I'm pumping gas at a Texaco in Hueytown, AL on Allison-Bonnett Memorial Drive , anyway, I get a fraud text from the CC company asking if it was me pumping gas at a Texaco in Hueytown, I responded back with yes. Continue on with the trip, at the NASCAR hall of fame my credit card is declined. Call the CC company and see what's up, it directs me to automated fraud thing, asks if a gas charge in Charlotte the night before and the two failed swipes at the Hall were me, all yes. All, good, right?

Nope. Get home, go to add up the gas from the trip. I find nearly $3500 in fraudulent charges from the Dayton/Cincinnati area. There were like 30 charges involved to get up to that. Some how none of those tripped their fraud alerts while charges I actually was making did. It took a bunch of time on the phone to get sorted out with them which charges were fake and which were real as some of them were even on the Kentucky side of the Cincinatti area even, but they got them all dropped and fixed it all. Also why I don't use debit card. If all those charges had actually taken money out of a bank account that needed put back I would have been screwed. When they are just charges on credit waiting to be paid off and not actually taking money out of an account while the situation gets resolved, no big deal.
                          1968 Torino - DOHC 4.6L/T56 swap project
                          2011 CTS-V Wagon - TR-6060 equipped

Comment

Man that sucked - and odd they didn't text you when all those other charges started popping up.

Several years ago I called my CC company (on a suggestion to do so) to tell them I was going on vacation and would have multiple charges away from home. Obviously Rajiv misunderstood and proceeded to lock my card down. First hotel in Newton- no good - until I got it straightened out with customer service in the USA.
                            Phil / Omaha

Comment

Last year I was standing on black lake talking to some BS'ers when I got a call from the CC company saying my card had just made an $800 purchase at a Meijer in Ohio. Sucked losing my primary payment method for things on the first day of the tour. Thankfully it was before I had really left home so I was able to grab a different card I don't really carry. Weird that my card got used by someone in Ohio with in a few days of being a year apart from each other.
                              1968 Torino - DOHC 4.6L/T56 swap project
                              2011 CTS-V Wagon - TR-6060 equipped

Comment

Working...
                              X