Long Haul photo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long Haul photo

OK, it's not from 2013, but thought you'd like to see when Power Tour was still in its infancy. Photo from 1999 East and you can see everyone's face. I'm about three up rows from the bottom in the middle, red hat and light blue shirt.

Phil
    Attached Files

VERY cool
    Maybe I can clear this up.....I thought the cop was a prostitute.

Comment

I got a message that the long hauler photo is up but I couldn't find the link. I did see the link on HR to the long hauler photo in front of the bus however and there are quite a few BS'rs in the gallery. I would post the link, but I don't seem to get along that well with them for some reason
      FKA Redragtop
      (formerly known as)

Comment

That's awesome.

I could only do 3 stops that year, so I only made it to Maryland
        1999 Power Tour - 3 Stops
        2006 Power Tour Long Hauler
        2008-2012 Northeast Rod Run

Comment

any stops are cool from th http://blogs.hotrod.com/long-haulers...#axzz2Z9EKG6ZU at early in the game!
          Last edited by 173rdherd; July 16, 2013, 05:39 AM. Reason: link

Comment

That must have been a great tour Phil... It's amazing how big this thing has turned into....

Ed & Jane Tampa, FL
            1966 Plymouth Fury III
            2014 Dodge Ram 1500
            Long Hauler - 2009,2010,2012,2013,2014
            Cocoa Beach & Valdosta - 2011

Comment

Phil & I had planned on stopping after the Carlisle, PA stop & going back home. It was a holiday weekend so we had only packed for the weekend. As we watched all the cars leaving on Monday, heading south down Rt. 81 we decided that we could make one more stop - it was only two hours down the road and we could still get home that night as I had to get back to work on Tuesday. Driving to Maryland it was decided that Power Tour was just too much fun so Phil would continue and be a Long Hauler and I'd go home on the train. I went home on the train from DC and Phil headed off totally bitten by the Power Tour bug & me envious that I couldn't be there too. That's how it all began. We've met some of the nicest people over the years who have the same sickness. We always look forward to seeing everyone.

Gwen (Phil's wife)

Comment

Power Tours are fun, I did the long haul '05, '09, '10 and '11 and a partial on '07. Hard to do in a Fiero like Phil and Gwen do. But those Fieros are getting long in age and I too am getting long in age. In '12 did a different long haul, Florida, Wisconsin, Minnesota, South Dakota, Wyoming, Colorado, Nebraska, Iowa, Kansas, then back to Florida again in a Fiero. This trip was a bit slower paced event shorter distances between stops and three weeks of travel.

Comment

sounds like fun (even in a Fiero)

Comment

Working...
                  X