Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Woodward Dream Cruise 2013, 2014

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Safe travels to you and all the others heading this way. See ya'll soon
    FKA Redragtop
    (formerly known as)

    Comment


    • #32
      yeah.....pulling out early a.m., should be there by 1 pm........rexx!

      Comment


      • #33
        and free admission

        Comment


        • #34
          So party in the Holiday Inn Express parking lot (Stephenson Pkwy, Troy) on Friday night!
          Donna
          Williamston, MI (Ohio too)
          Long Haul 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 2012,2013,2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019

          Comment


          • #35
            Was out on Woodward today (Wednesday) and things are really backing up. A lot, lot of real cool machines, though.
            Here's a couple of picture's,





            Here's more:http://s145.photobucket.com/user/leg...Dream%20Cruise

            Comment


            • #36
              Thanks for the pics Larry. We'll be there Friday morning
              FKA Redragtop
              (formerly known as)

              Comment


              • #37
                have fun I'll be thinkin of you all
                2007 Power Tour Long Haul
                2008 Power Tour Long Haul
                2009 Canadian Points East Tour
                2009 Power Tour Michigan Stop
                2011 Power Tour Muskegeon & Detroit Stops
                2012 Power Tour Long Haul
                2012 Northeast Rod Run
                2013 Northeast Rod Run

                Comment


                • #38
                  PICTURES PLEASE.. It's on my bucket list, I just need to get my bucket in order..
                  I just love my Hot Rods.

                  Long Hauled 2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2013. Loved every minute of it.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    OK, so some of you know I am an old off-road racer. Therefore in most likely seems obvious that I would decide to pre-run the course before the crowd shows up. I get in pretty early today (as I suck at stopping like I say I will when it gets late) and go to the hotel (HOURS before check in) and talk to the desk clerk. He gives me some directions to a car wash and a quick recap of the route.
                    Pay attention here!
                    So he is looking at me and draws a counter-clockwise circle with his finger explaining how the loop works in Pontiac. SO I am paying close attention and VERY clearly see him draw a clockwise circle with his finger (I will give you a moment to ponder that statement). Instead of watching him, I should have closed my eyes and listen to him telling me WHY to stay in the loop. Well instead of staying to the left like in his counter-clockwise circle - I stayed to the right line in my clockwise circle and never dawned on me what was going on until I started to see signs for customs!

                    I will wait of a second installment to share my thoughts on this left-turn system they have desinged up here!

                    Have fun honk if you see me

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by Rocketman View Post
                      Thanks for the pics Larry. We'll be there Friday morning
                      I am at the HEI now. Will see everyone tomorrow night. What time?
                      BLUE STREAK

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        We are planning getting to the area maybe around 9:00 or a little after tomorrow morning. Will swing by the hotel when we get there and see who's around and if we can check in yet.
                        Donna
                        Williamston, MI (Ohio too)
                        Long Haul 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 2012,2013,2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
                          OK, so some of you know I am an old off-road racer. Therefore in most likely seems obvious that I would decide to pre-run the course before the crowd shows up. I get in pretty early today (as I suck at stopping like I say I will when it gets late) and go to the hotel (HOURS before check in) and talk to the desk clerk. He gives me some directions to a car wash and a quick recap of the route.
                          Pay attention here!
                          So he is looking at me and draws a counter-clockwise circle with his finger explaining how the loop works in Pontiac. SO I am paying close attention and VERY clearly see him draw a clockwise circle with his finger (I will give you a moment to ponder that statement). Instead of watching him, I should have closed my eyes and listen to him telling me WHY to stay in the loop. Well instead of staying to the left like in his counter-clockwise circle - I stayed to the right line in my clockwise circle and never dawned on me what was going on until I started to see signs for customs!

                          I will wait of a second installment to share my thoughts on this left-turn system they have desinged up here!

                          Have fun honk if you see me
                          Alan.......are you here for the Woodward cruise?.......anyway, some things to note: 1) Michigan has left turn lane "turnarounds:, so that vehicles do not turn left at intersections; 2) the Woodward Cruise seems to be bigger than ever, all week, with Thursday and Friday crowded, Saturday is insane; 3) some of the PT folks are here (catching up with everyone is a challenge)......maybe a get together at the HI on Stephenson Parkway on Friday night?......

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Update

                            It never ceases to amaze me how complete strangers like to stop and talk to me. I had 4 guys stop me today, although only one of them said anything - the other 3 just stood back with their hands on the hip.

                            But after a pleasant conversation (even though he felt compelled to ask twice if I drove that thing all the way from Florida) it was decided to not exchange autographs and jewelry.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by rexdogg View Post
                              Alan.......are you here for the Woodward cruise?.......anyway, some things to note: 1) Michigan has left turn lane "turnarounds:, so that vehicles do not turn left at intersections; 2) the Woodward Cruise seems to be bigger than ever, all week, with Thursday and Friday crowded, Saturday is insane; 3) some of the PT folks are here (catching up with everyone is a challenge)......maybe a get together at the HI on Stephenson Parkway on Friday night?......
                              Dave

                              Yes, I am here. I swung by your hotel earlier but I am pretty sure it was before you got into town. I am at the HIE with a group of folks so a parking lot social on Friday night sounds like a good plan to me.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by rexdogg View Post
                                ......Michigan has left turn lane "turnarounds:, so that vehicles do not turn left at intersections; ....
                                OK, Dave - bear with me

                                SO I am blasting down the inside lane - drive into the intersection without lifting look down the street and YES that is the street I want so then I slam the thing into the U-Turn lane and whip the Uie in front of 4 LANES of on comming traffic that appear to be just as willing to hit me as they are to lift of move over. OK, I got that part down reasonabley well.

                                So now I am trying to understand the wrinkle where IF the street I am on is not the major street in the intersection that I have to hang a right at that street and then do a Uie. SO I am blasting down the road in the left lane and have to cross over 3 lanes of traffic in a few feet to make my right and then get all over the binders to make the Uie.

                                I am sure that someone smarter than me designed this system BUT I refuse to believe that there were not mind altering substances involved during the process. I have made more illegal u-turns on side streets in the last 24 hours then I think I have made in all the other places I have been in the last 2 years.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X