Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 180ACK
    replied
    Rocker stud carnage before Dream Cruise!

30 miles out of Detroit heard a slight clink-ding-clink and then the engine was missing. Pulled into a rest stop and found no valve train noise low or high idle, thinking is was electrical I continued on to make a friend’s house off Woodward. Heard a valve noise again just as I was getting on 11 mile off 696. Now I’m limping it down 11 mile oh so slowly. Now I’m hoping a poly lock came loose and the rocker is floating around. Get to friends house and pull off valve cover and the rocker falls down into the header. Good I’m thinking so far, and then I see the snapped rocker stud. Good news is I was in Detroit before 1 pm on Friday.
    Stopped at Joe’s Auto on 11 mile and they did not have the stud but the shop they use on 10 mile most likely does. My buddy who knows the area was getting the directions as I was purchasing the only socket I did not bring 5/8” deep and we went on our way to the shop.
    Gave the guy at the counter the broken stud, he said he will check if he has one. As we were waiting we had seen a few racing trophies and Wally’s on one wall and pictures of some AMX’s on another. Told my buddy someone here won some NHRA Wally’s but not sure of the class. Guy comes back with the stud, he said he found one in a odds and ends box and said not sure if it will work but that is all he had and said no guarantees but you can just have it for free. I said I have to give you something? He said no, it’s yours have great day!

Got the car up and running in 1-1/2 hours and $7.68 in parts. Sealant and socket. Thank you old time parts shop guy!

I was working on Angie’s car last Sunday and noticed the card I took from the shop to thank them later and it said Booth Automotive, as in Wally Booth Automotive! Holy cow I could not believe I was in Wally’s Booths shop. Duh, I wish I had put this all together faster so I could take some pictures but had getting my car going on my mind.
    Thank you Booth Automotive on 10 mile for your great generosity and help. Thank you Mr. Parts counter guy (name I did not get) for looking in every nook and cranny!

I’ll never forget it!

Chuck & Angie

Leave a comment:

• rexdogg
    replied
    agreed with your assessment....I have been there the last three years, probably will continue to attend (4 1/2 hour drive for me) in years to come....end of week traffic is a nightmare.....wish I could have found a place to park, but.....I can't stay put anywhere for a time......

Leave a comment:

• cstmwgn
    replied
    Follow-up report
    Well, it certainly was BIG and I imagine the long term participants have similar feelings to those of us that have noticed the changes in PowerTour over the years. Traffic on Friday night and most of the day on Saturday was pretty bad which put a high demand on a good cooling system.

LOTS of every kind of car imaginable with a good mix of old and new -foreign and domestic. I did not see all the "specialty cars" because if I was on Woodward I was moving (or more accurately waiting to move). I did not have a rental space to park in and did not feel that comfortable leaving my car on the sides streets out of sight while I observed the festivities.

I guess I was also surprised (disappointed) with the night life in the hotel parking lots - not at all like PowerTour.

Given the logistics it will most likey not become an annual event for me. I did not take any pictures (surprise!) so you will have to wait for the others to share their memories.
    Last edited by cstmwgn; August 20, 2013, 11:06 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Rocketman
    replied
    Originally posted by 200WINS View Post
    Follow up reports due Wednesday....... Please......
    I hope the dog doesn't eat them

Leave a comment:

• 200WINS
    replied
    Follow up reports due Wednesday....... Please......

Leave a comment:

• redragtop
    replied
    We had a great time, weather was perfect! Pictures are all still on the camera, will get them on the computer and post some soon. I think Pontiac has a little more rubber on the streets then they started with

Leave a comment:

• silver_bullet
    replied
    pictures please... we need evidence!!

Leave a comment:

• larry g
    replied
    So the 2013 Woodward Dream Cruise is finished, what did all of you who attended think?

Leave a comment:

• pintoboy77
    replied
    Hope everyone is having fun at Woodward.

Leave a comment:

• Supersport350
    replied
    180ack,

I should be heading past your spot at about 845-9 this morning. I will keep an eye out! I will be in the Prowler Purple 69 Camaro, dad following behind in a 95 Formula - Forest green.

Leave a comment:

• oletrux4evr
    replied
    Hope it's catching........

Leave a comment:

• 70chevyC-10
    replied
    I'm off until Monday -
    and feeling sick towards Sunday night.

Leave a comment:

• 200WINS
    replied
    Originally posted by 70chevyC-10 View Post
    Wish I was there - maybe next year.
    George - let's go.
    Now??

Leave a comment:

• 70chevyC-10
    replied
    Wish I was there - maybe next year.
    George - let's go.

Leave a comment:

• 200WINS
    replied
    Thanks for the updates.... Sounds like a very fun time to be had by all!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X