Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pintoboy77
    replied
    Well guys I'm sorry to say I am out I have a chance to work this weekend and make some really good money and I am unable to change it to another weekend it has to be done this weekend or I'm out of the deal. As much as I was looking forward to seeing you all again I am going to have to stay here and work. Be safe and have fun.

Leave a comment:

• cstmwgn
    replied
    Originally posted by rexdogg View Post
    ......Michigan has left turn lane "turnarounds:, so that vehicles do not turn left at intersections; ....
    OK, Dave - bear with me

SO I am blasting down the inside lane - drive into the intersection without lifting look down the street and YES that is the street I want so then I slam the thing into the U-Turn lane and whip the Uie in front of 4 LANES of on comming traffic that appear to be just as willing to hit me as they are to lift of move over. OK, I got that part down reasonabley well.

So now I am trying to understand the wrinkle where IF the street I am on is not the major street in the intersection that I have to hang a right at that street and then do a Uie. SO I am blasting down the road in the left lane and have to cross over 3 lanes of traffic in a few feet to make my right and then get all over the binders to make the Uie.

I am sure that someone smarter than me designed this system BUT I refuse to believe that there were not mind altering substances involved during the process. I have made more illegal u-turns on side streets in the last 24 hours then I think I have made in all the other places I have been in the last 2 years.

Leave a comment:

• cstmwgn
    replied
    Originally posted by rexdogg View Post
    Alan.......are you here for the Woodward cruise?.......anyway, some things to note: 1) Michigan has left turn lane "turnarounds:, so that vehicles do not turn left at intersections; 2) the Woodward Cruise seems to be bigger than ever, all week, with Thursday and Friday crowded, Saturday is insane; 3) some of the PT folks are here (catching up with everyone is a challenge)......maybe a get together at the HI on Stephenson Parkway on Friday night?......
    Dave

Yes, I am here. I swung by your hotel earlier but I am pretty sure it was before you got into town. I am at the HIE with a group of folks so a parking lot social on Friday night sounds like a good plan to me.

Leave a comment:

• cstmwgn
    replied
    Update

It never ceases to amaze me how complete strangers like to stop and talk to me. I had 4 guys stop me today, although only one of them said anything - the other 3 just stood back with their hands on the hip.

But after a pleasant conversation (even though he felt compelled to ask twice if I drove that thing all the way from Florida) it was decided to not exchange autographs and jewelry.

Leave a comment:

• rexdogg
    replied
    Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
    OK, so some of you know I am an old off-road racer. Therefore in most likely seems obvious that I would decide to pre-run the course before the crowd shows up. I get in pretty early today (as I suck at stopping like I say I will when it gets late) and go to the hotel (HOURS before check in) and talk to the desk clerk. He gives me some directions to a car wash and a quick recap of the route.
    Pay attention here!
    So he is looking at me and draws a counter-clockwise circle with his finger explaining how the loop works in Pontiac. SO I am paying close attention and VERY clearly see him draw a clockwise circle with his finger (I will give you a moment to ponder that statement). Instead of watching him, I should have closed my eyes and listen to him telling me WHY to stay in the loop. Well instead of staying to the left like in his counter-clockwise circle - I stayed to the right line in my clockwise circle and never dawned on me what was going on until I started to see signs for customs!

I will wait of a second installment to share my thoughts on this left-turn system they have desinged up here!

Have fun honk if you see me
    Alan.......are you here for the Woodward cruise?.......anyway, some things to note: 1) Michigan has left turn lane "turnarounds:, so that vehicles do not turn left at intersections; 2) the Woodward Cruise seems to be bigger than ever, all week, with Thursday and Friday crowded, Saturday is insane; 3) some of the PT folks are here (catching up with everyone is a challenge)......maybe a get together at the HI on Stephenson Parkway on Friday night?......

Leave a comment:

• redragtop
    replied
    We are planning getting to the area maybe around 9:00 or a little after tomorrow morning. Will swing by the hotel when we get there and see who's around and if we can check in yet.

Leave a comment:

• WICKED WAGON
    replied
    Originally posted by Rocketman View Post
    Thanks for the pics Larry. We'll be there Friday morning
    I am at the HEI now. Will see everyone tomorrow night. What time?

Leave a comment:

• cstmwgn
    replied
    OK, so some of you know I am an old off-road racer. Therefore in most likely seems obvious that I would decide to pre-run the course before the crowd shows up. I get in pretty early today (as I suck at stopping like I say I will when it gets late) and go to the hotel (HOURS before check in) and talk to the desk clerk. He gives me some directions to a car wash and a quick recap of the route.
    Pay attention here!
    So he is looking at me and draws a counter-clockwise circle with his finger explaining how the loop works in Pontiac. SO I am paying close attention and VERY clearly see him draw a clockwise circle with his finger (I will give you a moment to ponder that statement). Instead of watching him, I should have closed my eyes and listen to him telling me WHY to stay in the loop. Well instead of staying to the left like in his counter-clockwise circle - I stayed to the right line in my clockwise circle and never dawned on me what was going on until I started to see signs for customs!

I will wait of a second installment to share my thoughts on this left-turn system they have desinged up here!

Have fun honk if you see me

Leave a comment:

• street72
    replied
    PICTURES PLEASE.. It's on my bucket list, I just need to get my bucket in order..

Leave a comment:

• 55lincoln
    replied
    have fun I'll be thinkin of you all

Leave a comment:

• Rocketman
    replied
    Thanks for the pics Larry. We'll be there Friday morning

Leave a comment:

• larry g
    replied
    Was out on Woodward today (Wednesday) and things are really backing up. A lot, lot of real cool machines, though.
    Here's a couple of picture's,

Here's more:http://s145.photobucket.com/user/leg...Dream%20Cruise

Leave a comment:

• redragtop
    replied
    So party in the Holiday Inn Express parking lot (Stephenson Pkwy, Troy) on Friday night!

Leave a comment:

• SpiderGearsMan
    replied
    and free admission

Leave a comment:

• rexdogg
    replied
    yeah.....pulling out early a.m., should be there by 1 pm........rexx!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X