Woodward Dream Cruise 2013, 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by papasmurf587 View Post
    Had to go back 9 pages on the forum to find a thread on The Woodward Dream Cruise? Is any one going this year 2014? It's less than a month away. Kathy and I are taking an additional day this year and gonna be up there Wednesday August, 13th. Even though they bill it as the Worlds Largest One Day Car Cruise (40,000 cars), it starts the weekend before and goes all week long, especially in the evenings.
    I was thinking the same thing! I just came here to make a post about the WDC. To be fair, cruising starts WAY before the weekend before! For those of us that live in the area, every Friday and Saturday night are a dream cruise down Woodward! I'll be out all week in my 68 Firebird and I'll be parked on the loop in Pontiac with the Widetrackers club on Saturday. Be sure to stop and say hi if you see me out!

Last edited by mikewoods; July 23, 2014, 07:24 AM.

Comment

I was just going to start a thread here to see if anyone was going, you beat me to it John with the old thread. We are planning on going Friday morning, where are you staying? I just made reservations at the HIE in Southfield. Hotel prices have really shot up this year, place we stayed last year has doubled their price for this year. We aren't that far so can come home also but is more fun to stay.
      Donna
      Williamston, MI
      Long Haul 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 2012,2013,2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021

Comment

Originally posted by redragtop View Post
        I was just going to start a thread here to see if anyone was going, you beat me to it John with the old thread. We are planning on going Friday morning, where are you staying? I just made reservations at the HIE in Southfield. Hotel prices have really shot up this year, place we stayed last year has doubled their price for this year. We aren't that far so can come home also but is more fun to stay.
        Maybe a new thread is a good Idea seeing the 2013 still shows up on the blog and this is for 2014. We'll be staying at our son's place in Plymouth and renting a Camaro, Challenger or Stang as we've done the past few years. That works real well for us especially with the short time and many miles. My Brother always meets us on Woodward with his '63 Tempest Wagon Super Duty 421. I forgot to mention on last nights post, many were talking about NON ethanol gas......go to PUREGAS.ORG to find exact locations and octain ratings of stations that have NON ethanol gas. We used it on Power Tour and you'll be surprised how many stations have it. We were thinking about Dugans for lunch at 11:30am on Friday.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by papasmurf587; July 24, 2014, 06:22 PM.
        John 'n Kathy ('65 GTO)
        Western North Carolina

"I'd rather do it than watch it"

Comment

I can't make it this year. I'll be on a cruise.....on a boat...not in the truck or car.
          I R Bob
          You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
          2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Originally posted by BluLightning View Post
            I can't make it this year. I'll be on a cruise.....on a boat...not in the truck or car.
            On a boat??? What a novel idea, I never knew they cruised boats.
            John 'n Kathy ('65 GTO)
            Western North Carolina

Comment

We can try Dugan's 11:30 on Friday, but can't guarantee it. We will miss you Bob! Have fun on your Boat Cruise. You could take a little remote car with you and cruise the deck!
              Donna
              Williamston, MI
              Long Haul 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 2012,2013,2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021

Comment

Originally posted by redragtop View Post
                Just a shot in the dark, but Take a look at the hotels on Opdyke rd in auburn hills. There is a crowne plaza and a Hampton inn. It's about 10 minutes from square lake and Woodward. If it's an open invite, I'll plan to meet you at duggans at 11:30 on Friday. Where are you guys parking?

Comment

Originally posted by mikewoods View Post
                  Where are you guys parking?
                  We don't have a "usual" spot to park, but it seems like we end up around 10 mile and walk to 15 and back and then cruise when we need to rest. We also enjoy the Emergency Vehicle show and Parade Friday late afternoon in downtown Ferndale. (have to check the time)

John 'n Kathy ('65 GTO)
                  Western North Carolina

Comment

Originally posted by papasmurf587 View Post

We don't have a "usual" spot to park, but it seems like we end up around 10 mile and walk to 15 and back and then cruise when we need to rest. We also enjoy the Emergency Vehicle show and Parade Friday late afternoon in downtown Ferndale. (have to check the time)

I'm jealous. Hope you guys have lots of fun!

Comment

[QUOTE=mikewoods;n954167If it's an open invite, I'll plan to meet you at duggans at 11:30 on Friday. Where are you guys parking?[/QUOTE]

Yep, it's definitely an open invite, this is BangShift.
                      John 'n Kathy ('65 GTO)
                      Western North Carolina

Comment

On my previous post I gave the wrong website for NON ETHANOL GAS. I wrote GASBUDDY.ORG, that's wrong (and I changed it above). The correct web address to locate gas stations that have NON ETHANOL GAS is: PUREGAS.ORG Sorry

Mike or Donna, is there a way to change the 2013 on the heading to 2014, or would we need to start a new thread?
                        Last edited by papasmurf587; July 24, 2014, 06:29 PM.
                        John 'n Kathy ('65 GTO)
                        Western North Carolina

Comment

Can't wait, It's like a Long Haul Power Tour mushed into 14 miles of four lane blacktop.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by papasmurf587; July 25, 2014, 07:08 PM.
                          John 'n Kathy ('65 GTO)
                          Western North Carolina

Comment

Gassers on Woodward.
                            Attached Files
                            John 'n Kathy ('65 GTO)
                            Western North Carolina

Comment

Factory Super Stocks on Woodward
                              Attached Files
                              John 'n Kathy ('65 GTO)
                              Western North Carolina

Comment

More Factory Super Stockers
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by papasmurf587; July 25, 2014, 07:52 PM.
                                John 'n Kathy ('65 GTO)
                                Western North Carolina

Comment

Working...
                                X