selling a car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• selling a car

ok guys I know all of you know more about this than we do, if we list a car to sell here, facebook, or anywhere, paypal tells me they charge 2.9%, is that all ? Is there hidden charges that we wont hear about until later? Is there a better or safer way other than cash? We have already determined if its cash, we will want buyer to meet us at our bank for them to determine the money is good. I HATE this, it seems like we dont trust anyone, but these days....you cant be too careful!! Any feed back would be appreciated....

That is a good ideal to meet at a bank for that reason and most banks have a notary and can take care of the title at the same time and save you another stop and this way they can't check out your house or garage and come back later.
    Greg & Mendy Dayton, Ohio 2007LH 2008LH 2010LH 2011LH 2012 1st 2 stops 2013LH 2015 1st 2 stops2016LH 2017 first and last stops . 2018 LH ("It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!! Harley Davidson!")

Comment

I can't speak to Ebay. I would only sell local. Bank is good, along with taking a trip to the tax office to ensure the title gets transferred and they don't rack up a billion dollar toll gate fine against you or any other problems that come from the buyer not transferring the title.

I was reading True Grit last night and one of the comments struck home. You *think* you can trust somebody, but business is business. Honest people won't mind you concluding a transaction to where you never have to see them again or worry about it.
      Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

That is the complete fee for PayPal transactions. If you sold on Ebay, they would also take a fee.

Ebay only takes their fees once a month, but PayPal takes them immediately
        1999 Power Tour - 3 Stops
        2006 Power Tour Long Hauler
        2008-2012 Northeast Rod Run

Comment

our two sons would be fighting over who we gave it to,,,however, grandson turns 14 in a few weeks, he LOVED HRPT, so could save it for him, but that doesn't give us any $$$ back to work on next project !!

Comment

even if you give it away make sure the title gets transferred.

You might see if there is a consignment type place? I'm not real fond of electronic deals personally - I guess it shows.
            Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Working...
            X