Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dont you just hate it when you do something nice......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dont you just hate it when you do something nice......

Don't you hate when you do something nice for a complete stranger and you don't even get an acknowledgement? Not a thanks, TY, I appreciate it, no nothing.
    Just a vent here, nothing to be concerned about.

I don't do things because I am looking for a thank you, or anything like that.
    1999 Power Tour - 3 Stops
    2006 Power Tour Long Hauler
    2008-2012 Northeast Rod Run

Comment

Originally posted by Northeast Rod Run View Post
      I don't do things because I am looking for a thank you, or anything like that.
      This, and he/she might not have said thank you, but may pay it forward.

Comment

it's just a way of life to do nice things for others
        2007 Power Tour Long Haul
        2008 Power Tour Long Haul
        2009 Canadian Points East Tour
        2009 Power Tour Michigan Stop
        2011 Power Tour Muskegeon & Detroit Stops
        2012 Power Tour Long Haul
        2012 Northeast Rod Run
        2013 Northeast Rod Run

Comment

Amen....so don't quit doing it. Your rewards will come later and be greater when your good deeds are from the heart.
          Maybe I can clear this up.....I thought the cop was a prostitute.

Comment

Some people were not raised correctly and really don't know any better.... With that said, if I do something for someone and they do not acknowledge me with a thank you.... When they are leaving I tell them... If you don't tell me thanks for everything you did for me, then I'll take $20 for my efforts..... I have never got the $20.... Now they have at least learned a small lesson.....

Ed & Jane Tampa, FL
            1966 Plymouth Fury III
            2014 Dodge Ram 1500
            Long Hauler - 2009,2010,2012,2013,2014
            Cocoa Beach & Valdosta - 2011

Comment

My thing is this, someone is looking for something and you send it to them for free, they could at least say "yeah I got it". I'm not looking for gratitude, I learned long ago not to expect that. As far as I know its lost in the mail.

Comment

Originally posted by 66Fury3 View Post
                Some people were not raised correctly and really don't know any better.... With that said, if I do something for someone and they do not acknowledge me with a thank you.... When they are leaving I tell them... If you don't tell me thanks for everything you did for me, then I'll take $20 for my efforts..... I have never got the $20.... Now they have at least learned a small lesson.....
                What lesson is that?

If someone offers to do something for them, they should tell them to beat it, because the person is going to ask for money after they help them, because no one does things anymore without expecting something in return? Isn't that the same thing that lots of homeless panhandlers do at red lights

That's the lesson I would get out of it
                1999 Power Tour - 3 Stops
                2006 Power Tour Long Hauler
                2008-2012 Northeast Rod Run

Comment

So Blake....you ever get that shirt?
                  Maybe I can clear this up.....I thought the cop was a prostitute.

Comment

I had someone send me a PowerTour magnet, and I was saving the envelope to send a thank you card to the address. Next thing I knew it was gone and I couldn't find our email correspondence and I never got a message asking if I received it.. I guarantee my wife threw it away,
                    I feel bad I never got the chance to thank said person, but it was appreciated.

One of my favorite things to do is to pay the toll for the next person or the drive thru order for the person behind me. I doubt many of them pass it on, but sometimes it's nice to read other the world isn't as crappy as the media makes it seem.
                    Powertour off/on since 2002
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X