Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Power

Originally posted by 1972Behemoth View Post
    Just drove my sons 2000 Trans Am to work, it has the 6.0 swap. Lots of power, and it's reliable too.

Yea I'm hoping to have a little more than stock by the time the Tourstarts in Charlotte next year. I want to play on the dragstrip this time some.
    See what a old redneck from NC can do with a LWB truck!
    Last edited by Andy4639; September 21, 2013, 03:36 PM.
    Retirement is better than I thought!

Comment

Originally posted by Andy4639 View Post

Yea I'm hoping to have a little more than stock by the time the Tourstarts in Charlotte next year. I want to play on the dragstrip this time some.
      See what a old redneck from NC can do with a LWB truck!
      Yeah, his has a cam, headers, ect., It's running 500+HP to the ground. Not bad for a daily driver, and it gets around 25 mpg too.
      Arlington, Texarkana, Little Rock, 2013
      Long Hauler 2014, 2016, 2018
      Kansas City 2017

Comment

6.0!

I'm maybe going with headers and a cam depending on the final cost of the install. I want it to be a good driver.

Comment

3am can't sleep

Well I guess I will do this little project myself after thinking about for several days now and wondering if I can do it. I found a engine hoist so I can remove/install the engines so the hardest part is done. Just doing it now is all that is left.

Comment

That's the hard part getting started.
            Greg & Mendy Dayton, Ohio 2007LH 2008LH 2010LH 2011LH 2012 1st 2 stops 2013LH 2015 1st 2 stops2016LH 2017 first and last stops . 2018 LH ("It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!! Harley Davidson!")

Comment

That and paying for it.
              Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

paying for it

Originally posted by moparjim71 View Post
                That and paying for it.
                Yea I had a hard time with the $4500.00 for it installed, it would be nice to just go pick it up and drive it though. I'm not that kind of guy though. I like to do it myself. I did the TPI swap 20 some years ago so it's not like I don't know how, it's this older body that gets me.
                I did do a little today though, I got the motor hoist together and did some parts cleaning and painting.
                I went to pick up the motor and bring it home and the guy had another motor on his hoist installing it so I will get it tomorrow I hope.
                Thinking about painting the front of the pulleys Red along with the fan blades. What do u guy's think. I want to add some color under the hood!
                Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the pics Andy -
                  Phil / Omaha

Comment

Pictures

Originally posted by 70chevyC-10 View Post
                    Thanks for the pics Andy -
                    Your welcome Phil, there will be plenty more I hope as I take this journey! I just hope I can keep up with them on here.
                    Last edited by Andy4639; September 25, 2013, 07:01 AM.

Comment

Color under tbe hood.

Originally posted by Andy4639 View Post
                      Your welcome Phil, there will be plenty more I hope as I take this journey! I just hope I can keep up with them on here.
                      You know the older I get, it's more about what makes you happy. So what if somebody didn't like it, it's when, you open the hood and think, "ManMan, that looks good!" That's all that matters.
                      Arlington, Texarkana, Little Rock, 2013
                      Long Hauler 2014, 2016, 2018
                      Kansas City 2017

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Behemoth View Post
                        You know the older I get, it's more about what makes you happy. So what if somebody didn't like it, it's when, you open the hood and think, "ManMan, that looks good!" That's all that matters.
                        If you like it, all is right with the world. If the world don't like it, all is still right with you
                        PT 2006-2008-2009-2010-2011-2014-2015
                        1970 EL CAMINO

Comment

Mobydoba PT 2014

Newbie to the site and will be a first timer on the PT 2014. Will be going the long haul 'cause heck I'm coming to NC from central British Columbia, Canada. I am going to work on some other members of my Club, Okanagan Mopars CC, to get some more people to get in on the action. Will be driving Mobydoba my '77 Cordoba T-Bar w/ 360 2bbl the plans for the winter to be done in time for PT will be front seats, dash pad, convert to a EFI system in place of the carb and TTI headers. The EFI should improve the drive-ability to go clear across the continent and back again, as well as for driving around home as I live at 4265' but work at 984' in elevation. Currently to give it the best I can I have the carb jetting set at 2750' to try and get some start-abilty at both locations. Works OK on warm dry days but it's a mopar, so if someone spits on the sidewalk next to the car there's to much moisture in the air for it to want to run cold.

Last edited by ColinV; September 28, 2013, 12:29 AM.
                          Fabricator's Motto: Cut to fit, Beat into place.
                          Quando omni flunkus moritati
                          HRPT Long Hauler 2014

Comment

Originally posted by ColinV View Post
                            Newbie to the site and will be a first timer on the PT 2014. Will be going the long haul 'cause heck I'm coming to NC from central British Columbia, Canada.
                            Awesome...Welcome to the site
                            FKA Redragtop
                            (formerly known as)

Comment

Welcome That will be a good run just toget to the run.
                              Greg & Mendy Dayton, Ohio 2007LH 2008LH 2010LH 2011LH 2012 1st 2 stops 2013LH 2015 1st 2 stops2016LH 2017 first and last stops . 2018 LH ("It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!! Harley Davidson!")

Comment

Welcome aboard - I know there are some Saskatchewanee's that usually come and I thought I remembered another BC'er or two too. Nice car -
                                Last edited by 70chevyC-10; September 28, 2013, 07:26 AM.
                                Phil / Omaha

Comment

Working...
                                X