'nuther Screwed Up Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'nuther Screwed Up Tour

A ******* disaster. My brother gives me a respiritory infection just before I leave for Little Rock. Everyone is cruizing, out in the motel parking lot having beer and brats and I'm in the room in bed. I'm sick and have to do all the driving as I'm solo this year. Walk the venue for an hour, then into the car to sleep for a couple to regain some strength. Repeat for 7 days. Caught a rock to the windshield in Lincoln. Spent Saturday morning in Winona having a new one installed, missed everyone coming through town. BUT, the little Mustang just ran great and never gave me a moment to worry about (well, #4 sparkplug did foul a couple tims). Love this lttle car that can!

I did have some fun and all but....next year my brother is banished from my home starting May 1st!

Neat part of this is: I got sick on the '05 Tour in Tennesee and by the time we got to Kissimee, I was so sick, the Doctor pumped me full of anti-biotics. I'm 2 for 2.

Re: 'nuther Screwed Up Tour

Hope you're doing better by now, Rande! Next year leave home real early to avoid exposure. :o

Linda 8)

Comment

Sorry to hear that you were sick the entire tour and with the heat in Little Rock the first day.....UGH!!

Next, year stick to your plan of keeping the brother at bay!

Comment

Originally posted by Rande
        I'm 2 for 2.
        Sounds like your 0 for 2 !!
        ;)

Comment

Rande, if you were sick maybe its a good thing we missed you in Lincoln. We did get your note though. See you next year. Stay away form your brother.
          Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

Rande, that kind of brotherly love you don't need. ;D
            It's not the destination, but the journey and the friends you make along the way that counts.

Comment

Originally posted by Solsticefun
              Rande, that kind of brotherly love you don't need. ;D
              ;D
              Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
              HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

I had a sore throat and my bronchitis was acting up for a couple days, same thing happened to me in '04 only this year it started to go into pneumonia. Since I live in the desert, I get things acting up whenever I go to humid climates. I actually pack throat lozenges on the tour. A week back in the dry air and I was back to normal (?? ;) )

Comment

Originally posted by Leon
                  I had a sore throat and my bronchitis was acting up for a couple days, same thing happened to me in '04 only this year it started to go into pneumonia. Since I live in the desert, I get things acting up whenever I go to humid climates. I actually pack throat lozenges on the tour. A week back in the dry air and I was back to normal (?? ;) )
                  Don't move here .... it's either humid or damp 80% of the time! :D

Comment

That's why I moved away from Chicago! That plus the snow. Hate snow...

Comment

It could have been worse. The '05 illness was worse, and reading of other's mechanical troubles puts things in perpective. Still, it would have been nice to partake of the festivities since thats really the point of the tour. A few days back home and I was good to go. Mostly it was just being worn down all the time.

But, there's always next year! And Typhoid Gary (the brother) will be avoided. Not sure if he had anything to do with the '05 debacle, but he was there, and therefore under suspicion....

Comment

Originally posted by Rande

But, there's always next year! And Typhoid Gary (the brother) will be avoided. Not sure if he had anything to do with the '05 debacle, but he was there, and therefore under suspicion....

;D ;D
                        Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                        HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Working...
                        X