ROOMS......... RACINE,WI. P.T. 09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ROOMS......... RACINE,WI. P.T. 09

I went ahead and made 2 room reservations at the Holiday Inn Express in Racine. My dad complained that this year and the year before we didn't stay at the hotels that had alot of the FREAKS so this year I will try to follow you guys and stay where you're staying. Though I will miss my Hamptons.....

Comment

Blake, you must be a rich man to stay at the Hamptons every year. Umm, with all the money saved, how about paying my way this year? ;D j/k
      2006 HRPT LH
      2007 HRPT LH
      2011 Valdosta Stop

Comment

We averaged $85-$90 a night on AAA discount at all our Hamptons. Plus with being a points member we'll cash in on a few free nights later this year on another trip.

Comment

Also booked rooms at Holiday inn (Sturtevant).
          "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by LadyGT
            Originally posted by MIKEE
            Originally posted by rexdogg
            I'm in at the Holiday Inn (Sturtevant), with a back up reservation at the Racine Mariott.....sure hope the tour is going to Racine...
            RACINE IS A DEFINITE STOP. Been confirmed w/ racine county convention and visitors people.
            Man you are good by going to the convention bureau. Have you been trying this with all the cities you are getting rooms in?

NO, my wife is president of the village we live in. She had a meeting w/ them and inquired.
            We offered to help the comittee, to provide ideas and information for them.

Comment

Originally posted by YellowLightning
              I stayed at that Ramada in '07. Very dirty hotel. Carpet had stains, the toilet wasn't bolted down to the floor, and the rooms and hallways smelled like smoke. Definitely will not stay there again.
              GOOD feedback!!! i have no idea how good these places are here! I will cancel my room there also...wouldn/t want to send anyone to a dirty place. i still recall not being able to sleep in dirty smelly places like we had on the 05 tour... cost me 2 extra nites cost to go find somewhere else to sleep. several others were borderline...like B'HAM just ask CHEAPS or LEON.

Comment

OK, I cancelled the Ramada and joined the crowd at the Sturtevant HIE.
                Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

RACINE,WI for day 2 of PT2009???????

What's the rumor about Madison to Racine for the first leg of PT2009? That's only about 110 miles. A typical HRPT leg is more than that based on my five years with HRPT. Are you 100% sure that the tour is going to Racine for Day 2? It seems odd to me.

Comment

Re: RACINE,WI for day 2 of PT2009???????

Originally posted by CJP
                    What's the rumor about Madison to Racine for the first leg of PT2009? That's only about 110 miles. A typical HRPT leg is more than that based on my five years with HRPT. Are you 100% sure that the tour is going to Racine for Day 2? It seems odd to me.
                    Yeah, it did seem odd...the tour is starting in Madison, announced at the final venue.....and at some point, the tour is going to Warren, MI (also announced at this years' final stop)....many assumed that since the tour enjoyed going to Racine in '07, that they would try and get back there....some folks say (talked to the Convention Bureau, etc.)...that Racine is definitely the second stop....although most have noticed the short distance from Madison to Racine....some have suggested that there might be a drag racing stop on the way, at Union Grove, WI......at any rate....does anyone know all of the tour stops for sure?.....

Comment

Re: RACINE,WI for day 2 of PT2009???????

[quote=rexdogg ]
                      Originally posted by CJP
                      Yeah, it did seem odd...the tour is starting in Madison, announced at the final venue.....and at some point, the tour is going to Warren, MI (also announced at this years' final stop)....many assumed that since the tour enjoyed going to Racine in '07, that they would try and get back there....some folks say (talked to the Convention Bureau, etc.)...that Racine is definitely the second stop....although most have noticed the short distance from Madison to Racine....some have suggested that there might be a drag racing stop on the way, at Union Grove, WI......at any rate....does anyone know all of the tour stops for sure?.......

other stops not announced yet! RACINE,WI. has been verified thru RACINE CONVENTION AND VISITORS . In a personal conversartion with them; ans been published in local newspaper.

Comment

WHAT PRICES ARE YOU PEOPLE GETTING FROM H.E.I.? JUST CURIOUS

Comment

WHAT PRICES ARE YOU PEOPLE GETTING FROM H.E.I.? JUST CURIOUS
                          You're talking about the HI in Sturtevant?....two rooms, king/no smoking, gov't rate....$160 ($80 each).....

Comment

YES, IN STURTEVANT DO YOU HAVE GOV. I.D.?

Comment

YES, IN STURTEVANT DO YOU HAVE GOV. I.D.?
                              Yes.....

Comment

good deal. They checked mine in MADISON. so just be aware that they do check.

Comment

Working...
                                X