Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum Hacked !

Are you missing some of your posts ?

Our forums got hacked by the same scumbags that hacked the New York Times and CNN. Our tech team rolled back to a previous, "known good" back-up version of the software to recover.

Stay Calm and Post On ...

Yes I did I thought something was missing I thought I was only dreaming I had posted those things.
    Greg & Mendy Dayton, Ohio 2007LH 2008LH 2010LH 2011LH 2012 1st 2 stops 2013LH 2015 1st 2 stops2016LH 2017 first and last stops . 2018 LH ("It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!! Harley Davidson!")

Comment

Boy, that was irritating! Don't they know this is a non-religion or politics site??
      Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
      HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Thank you to the IT guys for fixing her back up quickly!! And to the guys who called the IT guys or however that worked out - whoever is responsible for getting us up and running again, THANK YOU.
        Last edited by Beagle; September 10, 2013, 06:55 AM.
        Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Yup! Just minding my own business, going to log on to enter my usual late night countdown post after a long day and, Laura, being an IT, knew what it was right away. I glanced through it enough to see that it appeared to be someone from Syria (or supporting them) trying to influence my opinion on whether or not to attack Syria because of their chemical weapons usage.
          ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

I say we tell the President to bomb Syria just because they hacked our BangShift.. He might not need Congress to agree on that..
            I just love my Hot Rods.

Long Hauled 2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2013. Loved every minute of it.

Comment

You sure it was hacked and not just chad walking up to the server with carb cleaner in one hand and a lighter in the other?

Comment

Yep, the Syrians did it to us again ...

Comment

Keep up the vigilant guys, you are greatly appreciated.....

Ed & Jane Tampa, FL
                  1966 Plymouth Fury III
                  2014 Dodge Ram 1500
                  Long Hauler - 2009,2010,2012,2013,2014
                  Cocoa Beach & Valdosta - 2011

Comment

It's pitiful to see an attack on a car forum to advance a cause..........they need to go out with their AK-47s and shoot 'em up in the air, or something else they consider REALLY substantial.......pitiful.
                    Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                    HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

so sad that some people need to do that
                      2007 Power Tour Long Haul
                      2008 Power Tour Long Haul
                      2009 Canadian Points East Tour
                      2009 Power Tour Michigan Stop
                      2011 Power Tour Muskegeon & Detroit Stops
                      2012 Power Tour Long Haul
                      2012 Northeast Rod Run
                      2013 Northeast Rod Run

Comment

For anybody that didn't see this on the General Discussion board ...

Originally posted by BangShiftChad View Post
                        Guys and Gals,

Thanks for your patience with all the hacking that has been going on lately. BangShift has not been the only target obviously, but we know that this has been an inconvenience for you and appreciate the understanding and patience, as well as the heads up.

I have been working with the IT guys on several fixes over the past week, and have made headway, but we still have more to do.

Tomorrow, Monday September 16th, I will be working with the IT guys on some more patches, updates, etc so that we can get ourselves locked down and secure. During this time we hope to keep the forums up and running, but periodic downtime may occur.

I'll keep you posted whenever possible, but appreciate your patience.

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please feel free to email me at [email protected].

Thanks,
                        Chad
                        Originally posted by BangShiftChad View Post
                        We are not the only ones who have been hacked, but that doesn't make it suck any less.

I was traveling home today when this attack happened, so I apologize for not being on it as quick as the other times we've been hit. Brian isn't used to having to handle any of this stuff. I felt bad that he had to scramble.

And if you are having trouble getting to the main menu on the forum, just use this url and it will get you there. http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum.php

Thanks again guys.
                        Chad
                        Last edited by Monster; September 16, 2013, 04:19 AM.

Comment

Update:

Originally posted by bangshiftchad View Post
                          okay guys, we've gotten the forum pointing back to the right place. We've also fixed some stuff in the backend and are working on it more as we speak.

At this point we think we can make our other changes this morning without interrupting the forum. I'll keep you posted.

Comment

how much longer until you get it fixed all my post my PM's nothing is going through I expect this one to be deleted shortly hopefully it won't but let's see what happens

Comment

Originally posted by classicbern1 View Post
                              how much longer until you get it fixed all my post my PM's nothing is going through I expect this one to be deleted shortly hopefully it won't but let's see what happens
                              We have fixed it four times now and the IT guys have recovered extremely quickly each time. They are also tightening our security measures each time. You tell me when these Syrian assholes will stop hacking us Bernie and I'll tell you how much longer until we get it fixed.

Comment

Working...
                              X