Power tour cost?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NewEnglandRaceFan View Post
    playing it safe 3100miles at 15mph=206.67 gallons @ 4.00 gallon=826.6666 call it 830.00 in fuel
    DUDE at 15MPH your economy must rock!

Sorry... I just couldn't... help myself!
    Fabricator's Motto: Cut to fit, Beat into place.
    Quando omni flunkus moritati
    HRPT Long Hauler 2014

Comment

I'd love to give you a cost on what it cost me to do the power tower but I cantbecause it seems like I always lose count I break things and cost me an extra amount of money to fix embut you can never give up just keep going

Comment

Originally posted by classicbern1 View Post
        I'd love to give you a cost on what it cost me to do the power tower but I cantbecause it seems like I always lose count I break things and cost me an extra amount of money to fix embut you can never give up just keep going
        True Bernie...oh so true. You had trials and tribulations, but you never threw in the towel
        FKA Redragtop
        (formerly known as)

Comment

It cost us around $1700.00 this year to long haul from Dayton,Ohio not including food,but we did'nt eat much and we don't eat fancy so I would say about $300.00 for food high end.
          Greg & Mendy Dayton, Ohio 2007LH 2008LH 2010LH 2011LH 2012 1st 2 stops 2013LH 2015 1st 2 stops2016LH 2017 first and last stops . 2018 LH ("It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!! Harley Davidson!")

Comment

It was around $1500-$1700 for my wife and I on the 2012 tour. Gas was my smallest expense at around $440 for 3300 miles, but my Mustang gets about 28 mpg on the highway. We only spent about $400 on hotel rooms for the whole 10 day trip. Last night was split with friends, one night with my parents, so that cut hotel costs. We'd have been around $600 if not for that. Food was the rest of it (aside from $170 spent on Power Tour merchandise and $60 at the Henry Ford).
            Lucas
            2011 Mustang GT
            2013 Focus ST
            2012 HRPT Long Hauler

Comment

HRPT 2011 and 2012 each cost me $2000. Went by myself, eat well w/good beer every night. Hotels all < $70 and averaged about 19 mpg in my 1989 Mustang 5.0 convert 5-speed.

Comment

Originally posted by The Chief View Post
                I have done accommodation for the entire week for $10 a night staying at state parks in a tent, you can also use KOA depends how budget you want the tour to be. My crew always use KOA and have a blast with a fire every night. Food is cheap if your cooking yourself. The tour is what you make it at the end of the day and can cost as little or as much as you want
                Chief do you have a list of the camp sites? Would like to do the camp site deal to.
                Going to be hard for cash next year so cheaper the better lol
                Thanks
                Last edited by Reckless498; October 9, 2013, 06:35 AM.

Comment

Ditto,
                  can have a block party...

Comment

The 2012 tour cost me about $3000 but that included the long start and end trips from Central Pa to Detroit and from Dallas to Cent pa. I also had an unusual amount of break downs, Mostly on the trip from Dallas to home. Those are all included. I just figure its about the same as taking the family to the beach, except I do this alone, more fun.
                    Ron Reidell
                    56 F100
                    2000 Corvette Convertible

LONG HAUL GANG 2012, 2014

Comment

Spend your next short term camping or long term camping trip at a KOA campground! Make a reservation at one of our 500+ campgrounds in North America today!
                      Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                      HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

I guess I'm a little late with this but here it is......

$1,280 in gas.... 3520 miles @ 11 mpg in the SRT10
                        $1,210 in hotels.... 12 days, we came early to TX for a 4 day family visit
                        $ 600 in food.... I'm glad I don't drink.... LOL
                        $ 160 in T shirts and jackets.....
                        --------
                        $3,250 And worth every penny......

Oh, I forgot I had to buy a battery when my died..... Optima Red Top $200.00....

$3450.00
                        Last edited by 66Fury3; December 13, 2013, 04:57 AM.

Ed & Jane Tampa, FL
                        1966 Plymouth Fury III
                        2014 Dodge Ram 1500
                        Long Hauler - 2009,2010,2012,2013,2014
                        Cocoa Beach & Valdosta - 2011

Comment

Originally posted by RustyRodder View Post
                          So me and a couple friends are considering making the tour for '14. Basic question from his wifey- whats it gonna cost?

excluding fuel, whats the tour generally run you guys? Im trying to add it up in my head, but Im sure theres variables Im missing- food, fuel, motels, attractions, registration, hookers, tickets...
                          I see hookers in the list, I usually don't have to change headers on the trip but if you are worried about that maybe you could buy some online ahead of time.... Oh wait... maybe that's not what he meant.
                          Married to Tara, that makes me the TARA-fied 1!

Comment

Originally posted by tarafied1 View Post
                            I see hookers in the list, I usually don't have to change headers on the trip but if you are worried about that maybe you could buy some online ahead of time.... Oh wait... maybe that's not what he meant.
                            Probably not Craig.

Comment

Million dollars

But it's worth it!

Comment

Registration, food, hotel, souvenirs/memories...you can spend as much or as little as you want. Kinda depends on what your tastes are. My wife and I usually spend $65-$100 per night on hotels ( don't usually use the Host Hotels cause they're more expensive), $50 per day on food more or less. With fuel and mementos, we usually spend around $2000, but like I said, it depends on what you like to do, but whatever you do, it's fun, and addicting. You will have a blast!!
                                Hot Rod Power Tour...As much fun as you can have in a car with your clothes on!!
                                Gregg and Deb Miller
                                Verona, Wi.

Comment

Working...
                                X