Derale Oil Coolers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Derale Oil Coolers

Any one have experience with either their plate and fin or stacked plate coolers?

I used the Allstar performance cooler with -10 fittings on it and it worked great.

Tim
    86 Mustang
    454 LSX FTI ls3 Mast 4500 Holley EFI 8" with C4, FTI Hyd Roller 9.24 143.5 1.33 3.73 5.84 116.21

Comment

I have used them, they work great. I run a small unit for the PS and a large unit for the trans. I am installing one for the engine oil on the '57 before next PT. I have 4 or 5 here. Pm me if you need one.
      Last edited by htrdharley; September 22, 2013, 04:11 PM.

Comment

Thanks Lars

I ordered hose and fittings today. Hopefully coolers will show up on Wednesday so I can start fabbing up mounts. Sure hope all this work is worth it in the long run.

I have the front tires off, the hood off, the radiator out, the old coolers out, the floating grill bar mounts redesigned. All this to free up a few extra inches of frontal surface area for the larger coolers.

Comment

I run an 11 X 15 X 5 for my powerglide on a mid-engine Corvair. Has worked great, not one complaint. Easy installation and the inline fan controller seems to work spot on too..

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
            Thanks Lars

I ordered hose and fittings today. Hopefully coolers will show up on Wednesday so I can start fabbing up mounts. Sure hope all this work is worth it in the long run.

I have the front tires off, the hood off, the radiator out, the old coolers out, the floating grill bar mounts redesigned. All this to free up a few extra inches of frontal surface area for the larger coolers.
            Your welcome.

Have you thought about mounting the coolers behind the rear side of the inner fenders and using fans?

Comment

I ran one on my Galaxie when I had it. I didn't have an oil temp gauge in it but hot oil pressure seemed a bit low to me. I picked up 5psi after I added it. Piece of cake to install too.
              Lucas
              2011 Mustang GT
              2013 Focus ST
              2012 HRPT Long Hauler

Comment

Working...
              X