No announcement yet.

Spring Blooms Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WOW WHAT A WEEKEND!!!!!!! I hadn't seen that many curves since about 40+ years ago when me and my buddy broke into his dads playboy stash
    Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
    If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

• well we all have put another Spring Blooms tour under our belt. And I would just like to say thanks to Vic for getting this one started and thanks to Jim and Mary at the GearHead Inn for there great idea of a Hotel. The Hotel and area couldn't have been a better place. If anyone is ever in that area of NC stop by and see the Hotel it is pretty cool. Also thanks to all that showed up and made this weekend a great time. See you all on the Tour next.

Comment

• That was one hell of a weekend, one of the best times I've every had. BS people are the best.......looking forward to next spring
        Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
        The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dave View Post
          That was one hell of a weekend, one of the best times I've every had. BS people are the best.......looking forward to next spring
          While I'm able to post, I will! Steve & I had lots of fun, but I'm not waiting until spring......we've got the power tour in a little more than a month!

Comment

• What a weekend!!! Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for the First annual "Rusty Wrench" award. Hopefully I will be able to pass it to another deserving person next year.

Special thanks to Victor for all his help in getting BLUE STREAK back together. Also to Jim for putting me in touch with Bill at the local NAPA store. Bill did not have any push rods for a big block, but he knew someone who knew someone who knew someone...;..... By damn it worked.... Bill showed up with half a set of 7/16 push rods. God I love small town people. I am one myself so I am not breaking on small towns. Bill hand delivered the half set after he got off work, Then would not accept anything for his trouble. Victor adjusted the valves after we replaced the bad pushrods.

Made it back home fine, except one of the plug wires came off about two hours into the butt puckering five hour ride home.

By the way Vic, the tool box and fender cover that I left sitting in the garage when I left Friday night, was still where I left it. LOL..Boy do I love getting old.

Special thanks to Jeff in the GT350 Mustang and Jack in the ZO6 for letting me ride along on the Dragon. Both cars totally awesome on The Dragon.

Ken
            PT 2006-2008-2009-2010-2011-2014-2015
            1970 EL CAMINO

Comment

• Glad you made it home Ken would love to hear Comps explanation or whatever you find out.
              Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
              If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

• Friday night in Whittier, NC........chilling out
                Last edited by Big Dave; April 28, 2014, 01:32 PM.
                Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
                The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

• Originally posted by novadriver View Post
                  And I would just like to say thanks to Vic for getting this one started and thanks to Jim and Mary at the GearHead Inn for there great idea of a Hotel. The Hotel and area couldn't have been a better place. If anyone is ever in that area of NC stop by and see the Hotel it is pretty cool. Also thanks to all that showed up and made this weekend a great time.
                  x2 at least. Yep, the motel is worth a stopover all by itself: Giant shifters for pool
                  lights:

Giant headers for a handrail:

Jim and Mary, are beyond super cool. They partied right with us both nights. Just two more of us, I got the feeling they'd give us anything we wanted or needed except for the whole motel.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by pdub; April 28, 2014, 01:40 PM.
                  Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

• Wish my April's were not so f'n busy. Glad everyone had fun!!!!
                    Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

• Sorry guy's didn't make it. Working our spring outage and well it's just to hard to get off. Dave you should have come by the house.
                      Last edited by Andy4639; April 28, 2014, 05:45 PM.
                      Retirement is better than I thought!

Comment

• We had a great time, BIG THANKS go out to Vic for planting the seed, Big Dave for watering the seed and making it grow, Mary and Jim for providing the place for it to grow. Can't wait 'til next year to see how big it's grown. Jim and Mary we're super, they have found a way to make their passion reality with the Gearhead Inn.....ya gotta work....can't go to car events....bring 'em to you....what a concept. Also thanks to Diane and Steve, not only for the Jello shots, but for helping us find our way around with their vast knowledge of the area. I could go on and on, instead I'll post some pictures.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by papasmurf587; April 28, 2014, 06:17 PM.
                        John 'n Kathy ('65 GTO)
                        Western North Carolina

"I'd rather do it than watch it"

Comment

• Well....Fall's coming....when's the next one...before or after Labor Day? And yes, I'm going to plan better so details don't get in the way dagnabit.
                          Last edited by Harpslinger; April 28, 2014, 06:15 PM.

Comment

• Jim and Mary really paid attention to detail for the Gearhead Inn. Each room had a theme and Kathy and I got the GTO room. It had framed vintage GTO ads. Even the toilet was blue to match my car.
                            Attached Files
                            John 'n Kathy ('65 GTO)
                            Western North Carolina

Comment

• Hanging out at the fire pit was a Hoot!
                              Attached Files
                              John 'n Kathy ('65 GTO)
                              Western North Carolina

Comment

• Speaking of pictures; Killboy has posted his pics from the weekend. Some folks got up early on Saturday morning...

Non-denominational car nut.
                                Ten Time Long Hauler! 2001-2011
                                Do you go all the way?

Comment

Working...
                                X