• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: how many went

Originally posted by oletrux4evr
    Originally posted by cobra
    Originally posted by Phil
    Originally posted by nerdboy88
    Well, I would say 50% of the folks at in the photo didn't do the long haul. There was NO validation to get into the picture, just when you wanted your gift (BTW, not everyone drinks coffee).

We did the long haul, but actually travelled in the evenings after the show to the next city and stayed. Sleeping until 10 AM every day of my vacation, then getting up, grabbing a bite on the way to the venue (we were never more than 5 blocks from the venue) really made the whole thing a breeze.

Robin
    Red 64 Chevelle SS
    2008 HRPT Long Hauler
    If you really did that then I would say that you missed 2/3 of the PT.
    1/3 is driving with a bunch of fellow car folks and having the local people come out along the route and wave and cheer you on.
    1/3 is the venue and the activites there.
    1/3 is the BS sessions (and occasional burnouts)with other PT nuts in the motel parking lots
    i agree 100%........but as i have said a few times before , the power tour is what you wantever it to be.

That's what most of us have said all along. Feel free to make it yours, Robin. 8)

what a waste of time doing the Power Tour that way
    who did you see meet or hang out with

my 2 cents
    2007 Power Tour Long Haul
    2008 Power Tour Long Haul
    2009 Canadian Points East Tour
    2009 Power Tour Michigan Stop
    2011 Power Tour Muskegeon & Detroit Stops
    2012 Power Tour Long Haul
    2012 Northeast Rod Run
    2013 Northeast Rod Run

Comment

Originally posted by 55lincoln

what a waste of time doing the Power Tour that way
      who did you see meet or hang out with

my 2 cents
      Hey now - some of my closest friends are figments of my imagination - or are those just the ladies I date? :o

Comment

Originally posted by nerdboy88
        We did the long haul, but actually travelled in the evenings after the show to the next city and stayed. Sleeping until 10 AM every day of my vacation, then getting up, grabbing a bite on the way to the venue (we were never more than 5 blocks from the venue) really made the whole thing a breeze.
        Robin - Red 64 Chevelle SS
        The Power Tour a breeze !! Yep, somebody missed out for sure.
        I didn't get more that 5-1/2 hours sleep any night of the tour and loved it.
        In 2007 it was the Shower Tour and this year was the Power Detour.
        Does anyone remember seeing Robin in a red '64 Chevelle SS ?
        I don't. Shame to, cause I'd have liked to check out the car.
        :P

Comment

To get back to the original post, it seems it would be hard to tell how many attending the photo shoot actually went the distance. There was a guy at the first gate looking at your window decal. Some of those attending only one leg received different decals, so weren't allowed in. (I think). It would be nice to know how many went the distance, but I have no clue how HR will calculate it.
          Gary

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn
            .. some of my closest friends are figments of my imagination - or are those just the ladies I date ?
            Could it be both ?
            ;)

Comment

Working...
            X