Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's starting out in the midwest - Nebraska-Iowa for PT2014

Afternoon Guys-
    Been a bit, and just checking back in. It's been some time, hope y'all been good.
    Not sure we will do a full pull or not this year, but we are thinking of at least the last three stops.

I'm just curious who's all headed out from Nebraska/Iowa?
    Andrew
    1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
    2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Minnesota, does that count?
    Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

gonna run the final four stops for us this year. nw ia.

Comment

We wil be leaving from Lincoln on Wednesday.
        ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

We'll be leaving from Verona/Janesville area around noon on Friday
          Hot Rod Power Tour...As much fun as you can have in a car with your clothes on!!
          Gregg and Deb Miller
          Verona, Wi.

Comment

Originally posted by IOWA552SLOW View Post
            gonna run the final four stops for us this year. nw ia.
            I am running the last 4 for sure maybe we can hook up along the way.. if I don't make it out to Charleston
            Last edited by GTPilot88; November 28, 2013, 06:17 PM.
            Long Hauler 2009, 10, 11, 12, 15 3 of 7 in 2013 5 of 8 in 2014 1988 Pontiac Fiero GT

Comment

Leaving from Cedar Rapids and tentatively planning to meet up with the group from Chicago that has shown interest in driving down to North Carolina arriving Friday.

Comment

After this year finding out more and more vendors are going to "cool freebies only to long haulers" I've decided if I'm only going to do part of the tour, definitely do the beginning. We're probably going to leave MO on Wednesday, spend a couple days in Charlotte seeing the sights, do a leg or 2 of the tour and come home. I have no interest in going to Gary Indiana/Chicago area or the Dells.
                GM G-bodies, because I can't afford a 69 Camaro.

Comment

True enough George. But hey, Scott lives north of Chi-town, and has room for like 35-40 people at the casa-de-Fiero
                  Mel and I had another talk tonight about it over dinner. She wants to push hard for the start of the tour.
                  Places we've never been before thing.
                  Andrew
                  1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
                  2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

Good plan, Andrew. Pretty special place:

Last edited by oletrux4evr; November 25, 2013, 08:34 PM.
                    Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                    HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by Eliteman76 View Post
                      True enough George. But hey, Scott lives north of Chi-town, and has room for like 35-40 people at the casa-de-Fiero
                      Mel and I had another talk tonight about it over dinner. She wants to push hard for the start of the tour.
                      Places we've never been before thing.
                      Yea we have plenty of room we are about 1.5 hours north of Crown Point. think I will be heading home that night.. that puts me a 1.5 drive back to the route also..

any one in the area is more than happy to stay here on there way to or from the tour, Round Lake, Illinois...10 miles south out the WI border and 10 miles west of 94

check out the party thread for Saturday or it can be moved to the night of Crown Point if we want it to be but think I am too far off the route
                      Last edited by GTPilot88; November 28, 2013, 06:23 PM.
                      Long Hauler 2009, 10, 11, 12, 15 3 of 7 in 2013 5 of 8 in 2014 1988 Pontiac Fiero GT

Comment

If I am able to Long Haul it I will be rolling Wed evening from Green Bay. Still waiting for all the time off to be approved and working on the financials as well. Will be in the Dells for sure to catch up with everyone, if nothing else.
                        Hauling ass & sucking gas are the best uses for a truck.

Comment

Hope to see you on the tour Jim. I no longer get through Green Bay for work or I'd look you up again.
                          Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

Haven't decided what day to head East out of Wichita, but will be looking for a convoy
                            HRPT 12 Miami and Stillwater, OK, 13 Arlington to Memphis, 14/15 Vetoed by Wife, 16 Long Haul, 17/18/19 motor fiasco

Comment

Leaving early Tuesday morning from British Columbia. Gonna be one heck of a blast through to Charlotte btu it's best I can do. Missoula, MT Tues
                              Sioux City IA Wed
                              Poplar Bluff MO Thurs
                              Concord Fri
                              Roughly 700 Mi / day but I have to work around the time off I can get.
                              Can meet up with people along that route if anyone is in for the last minute run.
                              Fabricator's Motto: Cut to fit, Beat into place.
                              Quando omni flunkus moritati
                              HRPT Long Hauler 2014

Comment

Working...
                              X