PT General information??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PT General information??

2014 will be our first year on PT. We plan to long haul. What day should we get to Concord?

Where does one register when we get there?

Do you have to leave with the group every day? At what time?

When will we have to register at the new venue each day?

IS there a thread somewhere talking about what to bring and what not to bring? If so please direct me to it.

Thanks,
    Phil

Originally posted by overdriv View Post
    2014 will be our first year on PT. We plan to long haul. What day should we get to Concord?

IS there a thread somewhere talking about what to bring and what not to bring? If so please direct me to it.

Thanks,
    Phil
    OK. Simmer down.....just kidding, lol! I will answer a few questions, and more folks will chime in.
    What day to get there?: Well, if we manage to find a VA facility to put on our impromptu carshow, that will happen on Friday. If not, or if you don't participate in that probable event, then arrive on Saturday, which is the first official day of the HRPT.

Registration?": You can register through www.familyevents.com today. If you elect to wait until the event begins, they will have registration available at Concord. Look for the signs and tents. Most folks pre-register and arrive on Friday to pick up their credentials early to avoid the rush on Saturday.

Leave with the group every day?: Not necessarily so. Driver's meetings are held daily, and they are optional. I recommend that you attend one, at least, then decide if you really want to go to them. Most of us plan our trip so we are staying somewhere along the route for the next day. No meeting. We do that to enjoy the route, while avoiding the traffic jam that happens after the driver's meeting. Do as you wish.
    Registering at the venue?: You MUST stamp your credential at each venue no later than 6:00 P.M. each day. Don't forget to pick up the accumulative magnet collections from various venders too!
    What to bring?: There is an old thread about this.....someone will resurrect it later in the year. Be patient. Unless you intend to be a 'motor-medic', alot of the recommended stuff isn't really needed. Common sense will help you in this regard.
    Last edited by oletrux4evr; December 3, 2013, 07:54 PM.
    Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
    HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

You can preregister with Family Events any time now.
      On either Friday afternoon or Saturday morning you go by registration and pick up your credentials.
      There is a driver's meeting each morning that you can attend and leave in a group or you can leave from your hotel.
      Some of us show up on Thursday so that we can attend a veterans show on Friday - details have not been finalized as yet.
      The most important thing you need to do each day is to get your credentials punched at the stage and stop by the vendors to pick up magnets and other assorted sway. There will be a list of things to bring that will most likely circulated later but the bottom line is you should have the critical stuff your car needs. If it is an older ride with custom parts that you can't pick up at K-Mart (Chevy parts mostly) then it might be good to carry those with you.

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
        If it is an older ride with custom parts that you can't pick up at K-Mart (Chevy parts mostly) then it might be good to carry those with you.
        Hahahahahahaaaaaaaa........

Love ya Allen, couldn't resist.......
        Last edited by oletrux4evr; December 3, 2013, 08:03 PM.
        Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post

I carry lots of stuff because my car rarely breaks at the auto parts store.

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post

I've seen that car somewhere before? Just.....can't......quite......seem......to....... oh, wait! Now I remember! Tsk, tsk. Ed, Ed, Ed.
            ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

In all honesty, the wagon is one of the coolest cars on the planet. Even Earl thinks so.......
              Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

We have already pre-registered with Family events, and have hotel reservations.

How late on Friday will we be able to pick up our credentials, etc.

Comment

I believe registration stays open until 6PM Friday and Saturday.

Where are you coming from, chances are, that there are Bangshifters you can hook up with going to Concord. I rendezvous with guys from Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama and we travel together to the starting point. Post a thread and see who reply's.
                  Last edited by Big Dave; December 4, 2013, 04:16 AM.
                  Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
                  The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

Phil / Omaha

Comment

The other posts have covered about everything you need for now. Even if you do not know anyone going you will meet great people that will help you and that you can travel with. I did my first in 2012 and will long haul again in 2014, it is a really great trip and all about the people you meet and driving your car/truck. Hope you enjoy.

Originally posted by overdriv View Post

Thanks,
                      Phil
                      Ron Reidell
                      56 F100
                      2000 Corvette Convertible

LONG HAUL GANG 2012, 2014

Comment

Thanks for the info, I appreciate all help.

We will be leaving from Central ILL. Two cars, my 68 Chevelle, and a friends 2010 Camaro. Plan to drive as far as possible Thursday, stay some where over night and arrive in Concord Friday, probably late in the afternoon.

Comment

Nice pic Phil. When my oldest Robert was iddy bitty that was his favorite destination, I quit counting. All information so far is right on,the one thing I'll throw out is there are no rules this is your vacation so have fun and enjoy all the sights and little towns and like Big Dave said get with a group it makes it more fun!
                          Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
                          If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

First, welcome to the forum overdriv ....

One of the big things no one has mentioned is: We all ware BangShift shirts with Form Freaks on the front.... When you see a BangShift shirt just walk up and introduce yourself and you can find out if we are doing anything special that day....Ex: Pictures, meals, burn outs at local hotels, etc.....

We all have the different colors so we try to ware the same color per day, we figure that one out the last couple of weeks before the tour.... Especially on picture day to find each other and then take a Forum Freak Group picture after the PT2014 picture and goodie bags are handed out....
                            Last edited by 66Fury3; December 6, 2013, 10:13 AM.

Ed & Jane Tampa, FL
                            1966 Plymouth Fury III
                            2014 Dodge Ram 1500
                            Long Hauler - 2009,2010,2012,2013,2014
                            Cocoa Beach & Valdosta - 2011

Comment

forum freaks, have to remember that.. don't own any but good to know,
                              so they do the vet show the day before, so best to get there before Friday..

Comment

Working...
                              X