P/T tool kit and tricks thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P/T tool kit and tricks thread

We all know about the duct tape a coolant hose and hose clamp the ends.
    Or the imfamous D/F hose clamp trans mount repair..

What tricks or odd items you stash to use to get you by when something breaks..
    to go along with your tool box..
    list them all here.. it help make up a road trip kits that you might not end up using but might end up using on someone else's vehicle.

maybe if this turns out with great ideas/post it could be a sticky..

with a v belt set up.. a few long bungie cords are good to have, as you remove the ends, cut to lenth, and tape ends together and it'll get you to a parts store without overheating or a dead battery..

your turn
    Last edited by NewEnglandRaceFan; December 9, 2013, 03:24 PM.

Wire - how do I love thee ? Let me count the ways. Hillbilly Creeper -a.k.a. cardboard ......
    Last edited by 70chevyC-10; December 9, 2013, 04:02 PM.
    Phil / Omaha

Comment

There is a thread on this already, I'll search around and bump it back up to the top.

Update: found it and made it sticky.
      Last edited by Monster; December 10, 2013, 04:42 AM.

Comment

kool, thanks, I suck at the search engine

Comment

Originally posted by NewEnglandRaceFan View Post
          ..with a v belt set up.. a few long bungie cords are good to have, as you remove the ends, cut to lenth, and tape ends together and it'll get you to a parts store without overheating or a dead battery..
          so at the risk of sounding like a jerk - do you find it better to carry bungie cords as opposed to carrying the correct belts for your ride? I typically save the old belts when doing PM and carry them with me for these types of emergencies.

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
            so at the risk of sounding like a jerk - do you find it better to carry bungie cords as opposed to carrying the correct belts for your ride? I typically save the old belts when doing PM and carry them with me for these types of emergencies.
            I also carry the correct old belt, most times,, if I can.. but replacing a g.m. power stear belt on the side of the highway on some cars is a royal pain.. and not what I want to play with for an hour on side of the highway, I'll use the cord to get off the h/way and to a safer spot.. or if raining(most times my luck) to cover.. as you know mr murphy will make sure it's the hardest belt to replace that pops
            it seems around here, drivers aim for the car on the side of the road.. way to many news stories of a car plowing into a car on side of the road.. hell many hit cruisers with enough lights going that even a blind person can see them.. that and my 82 s-10 getting totaled one night (7pm) while on side of road.. pulled off, and on to grass good 14-16 feet off the road and went to, um. releave blatter . and as I was walking back to it ,it got whacked pushing it back onto the road, and then whacked by an 18 wheeler that brought it back to the side of the road in pieces.. all set with sitting on side of a hyway longer than I have to..
            Last edited by NewEnglandRaceFan; December 11, 2013, 04:50 AM.

Comment

carry whatever is unique to your car such as those of us with wilwood brakes ,i might suggest a set of brake hoses. leaving the tupelo auto museum a front shock broke and took out the front brake line. luckily the guy found one at a part time restoration shop owned by a fireman who had a pair to loan the AAA repair station i got towed to. otherwise it was a minumum of an overnight stay

Comment

Originally posted by newenglandracefan View Post
                that and my 82 s-10 getting totaled one night (7pm) while on side of road.. Pulled off, and on to grass good 14-16 feet off the road and went to, um. Releave blatter . And as i was walking back to it ,it got whacked pushing it back onto the road, and then whacked by an 18 wheeler that brought it back to the side of the road in pieces.. All set with sitting on side of a hyway longer than i have to..
                damn!!!!!
                1999 Power Tour - 3 Stops
                2006 Power Tour Long Hauler
                2008-2012 Northeast Rod Run

Comment

Originally posted by Northeast Rod Run View Post
                  damn!!!!!
                  the race track we call rt495

Comment

HA!

I'm surprised they found you like that on there, without having flashing lights on your roof
                    1999 Power Tour - 3 Stops
                    2006 Power Tour Long Hauler
                    2008-2012 Northeast Rod Run

Comment

Working...
                    X