Power Tour Day One….What to do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Tour Day One….What to do?

So this has probably been asked and answered a hundred times, but I'm not finding it.

So day one of the tour is Saturday June 7. What do you do that day? Driver's meeting? Hang around the venue, act creepy? Leave early and drive? Ignore everything and just drive?

Just wondering if someone can clue me in on how this works.

Thanks!

I'm pretty creep no matter what. The first day is the show at the venue. You can hang out there or do whatever you'd like. The first drivers meeting will be Sunday morning and then the drive to the next venue starts.
    I R Bob
    You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
    2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Day one...for me is meet and greet fellow PT'ers and visit all the vendor booths. Take pictures of cars and people. In other words just take it all in. Visiting the various vender booths I take notice of what I want to learn more about so as the week progress I spend time with finding out the details. I try and to meet new people every year, some become friends and for me that's what brings me back each year. Oh...and I look at license plates to see if anyone is there from my home state and surrounding states. There's a lot going on just decide what interest you the most, remember it's your vacation do what you want to do.
      Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
      The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

Welcome to the Forum.... Day one is always the best for me.... Like Dave said, meeting up with friends of past tours is always the best past of the tour..... Make sure you start your Magnet collection.... MSD has the best sets, you get one every day so hit them early, they run out fast.... Royal Purple and Sta-Bil also have them too..... Be sure to introduce yourself to all of us.... We ware BangShift / FormFreaks shirts almost every day..... Since you live so close you might want to meet up with us on Friday the 6th at a local VA Hospital (To be announced). About 20 to 30 of us meet up where we put on a Car Show and give small items to the vets that they can use..... This is always awesome..... Looking to meeting you.... Ed

Ed & Jane Tampa, FL
        1966 Plymouth Fury III
        2014 Dodge Ram 1500
        Long Hauler - 2009,2010,2012,2013,2014
        Cocoa Beach & Valdosta - 2011

Comment

Good advice! Is in June yet?
          2013- Murphy, NC Road Side Fan Between Chattanooga & Charlotte 2014- Charlotte-Knoxville-Charleston: 2013 Ford Mustang GT

Comment

Great info, thanks guys! Think I may spend Friday with a cruise on the Diamondback, and then the Car Show that Ed mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by Cobra_4 View Post
              Good advice! Is in June yet?
              better not be, I still have tons to do..

Comment

Originally posted by Cobra_4 View Post
                Is in June yet?
                Originally posted by NewEnglandRaceFan View Post
                better not be, I still have tons to do..
                Got that right.... I don't even have a car for the Power Tour. Lord, I hope it aint June..... Ha Ha!!
                sigpic

"People Sleep Peacefully in their beds at Night Because Rough Men Stand Ready to do violence on their Behalf."
                - George Orwell

Comment

Great points Dave but you can't forget the side trips. I for one had a blast on the side ventures I took in with the group last year. For me I think this year I will limit the amout of time I waste hanging around the stage near the end of the day.

Originally posted by Big Dave View Post
                  Day one...for me is meet and greet fellow PT'ers and visit all the vendor booths. Take pictures of cars and people. In other words just take it all in. Visiting the various vender booths I take notice of what I want to learn more about so as the week progress I spend time with finding out the details. I try and to meet new people every year, some become friends and for me that's what brings me back each year. Oh...and I look at license plates to see if anyone is there from my home state and surrounding states. There's a lot going on just decide what interest you the most, remember it's your vacation do what you want to do.
                  HRPT 12 Miami and Stillwater, OK, 13 Arlington to Memphis, 14/15 Vetoed by Wife, 16 Long Haul, 17/18/19 motor fiasco

Comment

What to do!

What to do, that is a understatement! Last year was my first time and the whole week was over before I could take it all in. There was so many vehicles and vendor's and sights to see it was just amazing that all these people come together as a group to share their love of transportation. Meeting the people though as Dave said is the best part hands down.
                    Retirement is better than I thought!

Comment

I hope to meet up with Andy, Big Dave, Gwood74, the Oklahoma boys and Jack and his wife next year. The first day for us is just hanging out, checking out the cars and meeting new people. Well, kind of like the other 7 days LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      Visit my sons blog:
                      www.driftundertheradar.com

Comment

Meeting up

Originally posted by Damon23 View Post
                        I hope to meet up with Andy, Big Dave, Gwood74, the Oklahoma boys and Jack and his wife next year. The first day for us is just hanging out, checking out the cars and meeting new people. Well, kind of like the other 7 days LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        Couldn't have said it better. Oh this year will be drag racing to!

Comment

Originally posted by Damon23 View Post
                          Last I heard the Oklahoma Boys are out this year, I should be seeing them in a few weeks for a swap meet.
                          HRPT 12 Miami and Stillwater, OK, 13 Arlington to Memphis, 14/15 Vetoed by Wife, 16 Long Haul, 17/18/19 motor fiasco

Comment

So I'm going to try to post a picture.........At the Mark Martin dealership in Arkansas with Big Dave, Gwood1974, Andy, Oklahoma Boys and others...........fun trip up a divided 4 lane taking lots of pics and video. Just got inpatient on the 2 lane highway after and had to do some passing............
                            Attached Files

Comment

Passing!

You all did more than passing!

Comment

Working...
                              X