Helpful Hints!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Helpful Hints!

I know we have a thread for things to bring on and for the Power Tour, but what are some hints for things to bring or do?
    Such as ...
    Some sponsors give out magnets for each day (at the end of the tour you have a whole set and makes a cool piece for refrigerator or tool box) but from past experience, MSD seems to have a cool set. So maybe instead of chasing after all the magnets from every sponsor you could just stick to one. THESE MAGNETS GET GONE FAST! So on the days that you may have struggles, try to just go to that one certain sponsor before the magnet of the gets gone.

And/ or

95% of the sponsors give out goodies and random junk, some good and some just junk. On the first day, we usually try to stop by every sponsor to get all the junk before they give it all away.

ALSO

The power tour sticker/ banner that says "Hot Rod Power Tour 20xx", this year of course would be 2014, make sure to get the official one from the Sponsor that gives them out this year. I know is used to be Year One then Painless, not sure id Painless is still doing it or not. But make sure you get them. I know you can buy close to the same stick at the t-shirt place but they dont have the sponsors name and look kind of weird.

One last one.....

Only pack a few shirts because the t-shirt trailer has a deal where, if you buy 7 shirts you get a free jacket. Jackets are usually pretty nice wind-breakers. Plus give you space in the car and it fills your closet up when you get home so the wife doesnt have to shop and get you those ugly shirts.

I hope there isnt another post similar, but is there any helpful hints we can the new guys and the ghost readers?
    The youngest guy on the board
    76 vega
    86 fiero

May be the youngest but not the least experienced! Good hints.
    Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

Good write-up Evan !

Comment

Very helpful! Thanks!!
        2013- Murphy, NC Road Side Fan Between Chattanooga & Charlotte 2014- Charlotte-Knoxville-Charleston: 2013 Ford Mustang GT

Comment

buy 7 tees get a jacket.. about what the tee's go for.. ?

Comment

Originally posted by NewEnglandRaceFan View Post
            buy 7 tees get a jacket.. about what the tee's go for.. ?
            This will be my first Power Tour since 11, but i believe the prices were $20.
            The youngest guy on the board
            76 vega
            86 fiero

Comment

Shirts

Last year was my first tour. I had bought 4 shirts the first day in Arlington Tx before I got my registration. I didn't see the sign about the jacket until Chattanooga Tenn. I had spent over $200.00 on shirts by then and didn't get no jacket. Totally my fault though I didn't slow down long enough to read it. I was in a hurry to see everything everyday. Lol...
              Very good point to is slow down and enjoy the whole experience.
              Retirement is better than I thought!

Comment

Working...
              X