Does anyone grill out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone grill out?

I was thinking of trying to buy a small propane powered grill and maybe a folding table to cook out on at night in the hotel parking lots. Be a lot cheaper than hunting restaurants every night I'd after driving all day I'd just assume sit around the car, enjoy a cold one, and relax. Any tips on what kind of small portable grill to get? Good idea? Bad idea?
    2013- Murphy, NC Road Side Fan Between Chattanooga & Charlotte 2014- Charlotte-Knoxville-Charleston: 2013 Ford Mustang GT

Everything you need except dishes and the meat:

Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
    HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
      Everything you need except dishes and the meat:

http://www.coleman.com/Products/27600/tailgating
      Nice! Thanks! That's what I was looking for before I posted this but something was shorting out between my keyboard and the search engine!
      2013- Murphy, NC Road Side Fan Between Chattanooga & Charlotte 2014- Charlotte-Knoxville-Charleston: 2013 Ford Mustang GT

Comment

Pick a date/time/spot and we can hit the grocery store and have a tailgate BS Fest. You meet best folks over asphalt, beer, and brats.
        Last edited by 70chevyC-10; January 7, 2014, 06:18 PM.
        Phil / Omaha

Comment

Originally posted by 70chevyC-10 View Post
          Pick a date/time/spot and we can hit the grocery store and have a tailgate BS Fest. You meet best folks over asphalt, beer, and brats.
          Couldn't agree with Phil more..... Keep the tires spinning and the beavers grinning!!!
          sigpic

"People Sleep Peacefully in their beds at Night Because Rough Men Stand Ready to do violence on their Behalf."
          - George Orwell

Comment

BBQ on Power Tour

Yes, the crowd is from Chattanooga and hovering around the rust truck. It has a built in gas grill. We had some great steaks that night.

While on the subject of cooking out, there will be a starting line party in Mooresville. Details in another post.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by htrdharley View Post
              While on the subject of cooking out, there will be a starting line party in Mooresville. Details in another post.
              I made it a "sticky" !

Comment

Originally posted by Cobra_4 View Post
                I was thinking of trying to buy a small propane powered grill and maybe a folding table to cook out on at night in the hotel parking lots. Be a lot cheaper than hunting restaurants every night I'd after driving all day I'd just assume sit around the car, enjoy a cold one, and relax. Any tips on what kind of small portable grill to get? Good idea? Bad idea?
                Cook on the Tour? You mean carry a grill, propane tank, keg holder, cooler for food, cooler for beer, tent, chairs, table, cooking tools, condiments, . . . all carried in a hot rod? Who would do such a crazy thing?

You might need an El Camino DTB
                DTB - RETIRED

Comment

Originally posted by Dave the Bartender View Post
                  Cook on the Tour? You mean carry a grill, propane tank, keg holder, cooler for food, cooler for beer, tent, chairs, table, cooking tools, condiments, . . . all carried in a hot rod? Who would do such a crazy thing?

DTB, the man, the myth, the legend!!!
                  I R Bob
                  You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                  2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Originally posted by BluLightning View Post
                    DTB, the man, the myth, the legend!!!
                    ...and what a legend it is
                    FKA Redragtop
                    (formerly known as)

Comment

Originally posted by Rocketman View Post
                      ...and what a legend it is
                      From humble beginnings of a homemade toolbox grill, to a store bought propane toolbox grill . . . to an engine grill that shoots fire out of the headers ! The creation of the "Chef Dave" idea helped me to meet almost all of you crazy bastards. The Forum Freaks have helped make the Power Tour some of the best times of my life. Even better than my old bartending days . . . almost !

As for Corba_4 . . . cook like a hot rod Chef . . . they will come !!!

One can short of a full six pack DTB
                      DTB - RETIRED

Comment

Have Tongs, Will Travel, (for beer)

By the way - who remembers Paladin ? Funny how stuff just pops back in your head after 40 - 50 years.
                        Last edited by 70chevyC-10; January 16, 2014, 06:28 AM.
                        Phil / Omaha

Comment

Originally posted by Dave the Bartender View Post

Comment

Dave is training to be a Sous Chef - and his new name will be Davy Gravy -

combining of skills -
                            Phil / Omaha

Comment

Wouldnt need a cooler for food as there is always a grocery store to get what you need. Definitely a good idea to save a buck & relax with good friends.
                              Hauling ass & sucking gas are the best uses for a truck.

Comment

Working...
                              X