Starting Line Parties

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting Line Parties

On Friday June 6th there will be a cook out at my house in Mooresville with burgers and hopefully Wisconsin Brats.

On Saturday night, June 7th there will be a big party at Randy's (rust truck) house which is in Mooresville about 2 miles from my house. There will be North Carolina BBQ, hush puppies, slaw and Italian food. We will have plenty of beer, bring your own bottle.

The swimming pool will be open, plenty of parking and there is room to stay in the house or camp in the yard.

Both places will have lifts open for any service or repair work needed.

There are plenty of hotels, with a deal at Comfort Inn on highway 150. It is about 2 miles from both parties.

We plan on leaving Mooresville when the driver meeting starts at Z Max, and pick the route up from here.

If possible, please let me know how many and which nights so we can plan the food.

Can we make this a sticky?
    Last edited by htrdharley; January 8, 2014, 08:41 AM.

Very cool! I'll try to work this into my plans!

Comment

This sounds great! I really hate it we'll miss this year.........
      Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
      HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
        This sounds great! I really hate it we'll miss this year.........
        I agree Ed...Sounds great, except we aren't going to miss it
        FKA Redragtop
        (formerly known as)

Comment

Sounds like a good plan. I know Classic Bernie and I are staying in Mooreville friday and saturday. His Dad should be with him and I'm not sure who my co-polit is yet. But mark us down as 4 to be there. Also sounds good about sun morning plans when to head out. Thanks for having the Starting Line party and let me know if you need us to bring anything other then BS and stories. See you in June.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocketman View Post
            I agree Ed...Sounds great, except we aren't going to miss it
            I agree with both you and Ed..... I'm just not sure if I'm gonna make it or not. Time will tell.......
            sigpic

"People Sleep Peacefully in their beds at Night Because Rough Men Stand Ready to do violence on their Behalf."
            - George Orwell

Comment

I think I need to change my hotel up to Mooresville. Thanks for opening your homes to us gents, appreciated.
              Phil / Omaha

Comment

Lars - (or anyone in the know) what is the address of that Comfort Inn ?
                The closest one I see to Hwy 150 is Comfort Inn & Suites 19521 Liverpool Pkwy.in Cornelius ?

But there is a Quality Inn which looks to be near Hwy 150 and I-77 interchange too. I'm sure there are others but I use Choice Hotels chain normally.
                Phil / Omaha

Comment

Hi Phil, Classic Bernie and I are booked at the Quality Inn 138 Norman Station Blvd. for Fri and Sat. only 79 plus tax a night. It's only about a 25 min drive on nice back roads to Z-Max.

Comment

Thanks - I think that is the one I had reservations at last year and cancelled but I will do that one too.
                    Cheers -
                    Phil / Omaha

Comment

That seems like a good plan Phil. I think that the Roush Yates stop last year was in Mooresville & one of the guys there gave us the backroads directions to IMAX. A couple of midwestern hicks managed to follow them during rush hour last year so we ought to be able to do it on a laid back first Saturday morning. I will get with Laura tonight on the reservations. Let me know which motel you decide on.
                      ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

Thanks guys... I am going to do both.... I am already staying in the HIE - Lake Norman - 130 NORMAN STATION BLVD, MOORESVILLE

I'll be glad to help you both if you need anything....
                        Last edited by 66Fury3; January 9, 2014, 09:54 AM.

Ed & Jane Tampa, FL
                        1966 Plymouth Fury III
                        2014 Dodge Ram 1500
                        Long Hauler - 2009,2010,2012,2013,2014
                        Cocoa Beach & Valdosta - 2011

Comment

Mike - I took the Quality Inn 138 Norman Station (thanks Novadriver) - $79.00 a night. Looks like we are staggering distance from you Ed - right next door at the Holiday Inn. Maybe Jane can babysit us all.
                          Phil / Omaha

Comment

Phil, That is the Quality Inn I was thinking about. I had this posted in the hotel thread a while back:

The Quality Inn & Suites in Mooresville does not have official rates yet. I went over and spoke to the manager, he will book rooms for next June for $82 a night and may do better if over 10 rooms get booked.

Reference Bangshift.com when you make a reservation and he will try to keep the rooms together in the same section of the hotel, with good visibility on the parking lot.

The managers name is Dipen Patel. His # is 704-664-6556. Ask for him directly, the front desk will not be able to make reservations yet but he will take care of it.

The address is 138 Norman Station BLVD. Mooresville NC 28115

Comment

Originally posted by 67 Malibu View Post
                              That seems like a good plan Phil. I think that the Roush Yates stop last year was in Mooresville & one of the guys there gave us the backroads directions to IMAX. A couple of midwestern hicks managed to follow them during rush hour last year so we ought to be able to do it on a laid back first Saturday morning. I will get with Laura tonight on the reservations. Let me know which motel you decide on.
                              We may be able to caravan over on Saturday morning. This North Carolina hick knows all the back roads to the track.

Comment

Working...
                              X